BPL Community Profile

Lance Marshall (Lancem) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon
About Me Lance Marshall has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://www.wvi.com/~ulmyog/
My PDF Gear ListPCT Gear Lists

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Lance Marshall

Showing 211 - 220 of 237 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

MYOG gassifier
Check out the posts from last February/March here . I've since added pot supports to allow heat to rise up all sides of the pot rather than just at the fuel port. Also, the fuel size and &...

In Make Your Own Gear » has anyone tried this wood burning stove?
October 24, 12:31am

Benefit of the doubt
I believe we should not criticize Mary with limited information. We can only speculate when she began drinking river water after leaving her note: “no food, h2o, or map”. We can only speculat...

In GEAR » Missing hiker wouldn't drink untreated water
September 23, 1:51pm

Re:Stove Fuel/Airlines:BAD ADVICE!
I agree with what Mike so tactfully said. Flammable solids are not allowed on airplanes. Hexamethylenetetramine (Esbit fuel) is recognized as a flammable solid by the Department of Transportation...

In GEAR » Stove Fuel/Airlines
July 09, 11:56am

Hide name in posts.
I omit my surname (initial only) from my primary name/address, but include it in my billing name/address. An alias should also work. Charges and shipments go to my billing name/address. When I r...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Hide Name In Posts
June 22, 10:51am

Re:Converting Spreadsheet to .jpg or .bmp Image
If you are using Excel, here is another way to convert spreadsheet contents into picture images. Highlight the area you want to convert, hold down the shift key and select 'Edit' from th...

In Gear Lists » Jhaura's sub-4 lb. 3-Season List
June 19, 6:17pm

Re: Tarptent Design Questions
Materials cost around $65 (silnylon was $2.95/yd from Noah Lamport). I guestimate about 24-28 hours from cutting out the pattern to completion. Past projects include a flat tarp (still use),...

In Make Your Own Gear » Tarptent design (Lunar Duo clone)
June 15, 11:25am

Re: Tarptent Design
Thanks for your comments and questions. Here is some more info. Re: Is it done up in silnylon? Fly and floor are silnylon. Netting is standard No-See-Um. Kelty Triptease tie-outs. Optional E...

June 15, 9:41am

DIY Tarptent Pics
Here is another variation of a DIY tarptent. Wide enough for two, but the 84" long floor is probably tight for a six footer. Weighs 23-1/2 oz with tie outs. Floor Area is 60" wide f...

June 12, 6:46pm

Bail Without Holes
Steve- Here are concept pics of a bail added to a pot without drilling holes. It looks like it should work. You might use a small, stiff spring to connect the ends of the ‘girth’ wire, so th...

In Make Your Own Gear » Bail for Titan Kettle
April 11, 7:11pm

Breathable nylon source
Have you tried The RainShed? Here is one of their fabrics that may suit your purposes: Ultra Flare Nylon Ripstop A lightweight 40 denier ripstop You can make a jacket of this windbreak fab...

In Make Your Own Gear » Help Needed in finding a breathable nylon
April 07, 11:35am

All Reader Reviews by Lance Marshall

Lance Marshall has posted no reviews.