Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Kevin Babione (KBabione) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pennsylvania
About Me I live near Lancaster PA and do most of my backpacking in the central and north-central parts of the state.
CityLititz
StatePA
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Babione

Showing 211 - 220 of 616 | Page: 1 ...13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ...62

Forum » Thread

Pole for SMD Gatewood Cape
Hopefully you'll find a single pole on Gear Swap. I don't think you'd be disappointed. I love hiking with poles and the six guys who usually hike with me have all converted to using t...

In GEAR » Pole for SMD Gatewood Cape
September 16, 9:27am

Pole for SMD Gatewood Cape
Sorry, I can't comment about the storm-worthiness of the SMD poles, but since you're looking for a replacement pole, would you consider one of the Gossamer Gear LT4 (adjustable) trekking po...

In GEAR » Pole for SMD Gatewood Cape
September 15, 3:05pm

Metric Distances in the US
The Mid State Trail runs North/South through the center of Pennsylvania and is one of my favorite trails to hike. What's unique about it is that all the distances are in kilometers. Any signa...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » North America versus Europe, the decimal point
September 11, 7:55am

Removing stays from a backpack
Save yourself some aggrevation and have a Sharpie on hand to label the stays when you take them out with something like "This side to the back" and put an arrow labeled "Top". ...

In GEAR » Newb question- removing stays from backpack
September 11, 7:09am

Gatewood Cape in the Rain
Nick, I found that the Gatewood Cape works pretty well in the rain. The first time I took it out was on a one-night trip and it rained almost the entire first day and night. If it's really...

In GEAR » Temp rating test - Montbell UL SS Down Hugger Thermal Sheet 50F rating
September 11, 7:02am

The Lowly Decimal Point and Other Gotcha's
Larry, I really enjoyed your post. I'm a consultant specializing in a German software package (SAP) and the default numeric format when setting up new users is to give them the comma as the...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » North America versus Europe, the decimal point
September 10, 11:55am

What to do with two yards of cuben
What do you use for a shelter? It is too small for a standalone tarp, but you could make one heck of a nice porch for your shelter with it. I have a MLD Monk Tarp in cuben that, if I'm expe...

In Make Your Own Gear » What to do with two yards of cyellow cuben - ???
September 07, 9:30am

Replacing Montrail Hardrocks
Thanks for the thread...Mine are sadly underused and will probably last me another year or so, but they're the only hiking shoes I've ever had that were perfect right out of the box.

In GEAR » Your replacement for Montrail Hardrocks?
September 04, 1:21pm

mUV Purifier
I might be interested, but have a couple of questions for you: - How long have you had it? - Have you charged the internal battery recently? - Any idea how many cycles (i.e. liters) you ca...

In Gear Swap » mUV water purifier - NEW!
September 04, 8:40am

Starting a fire in a wood stove
I can't see the YouTube video here at work, but I have been known to "cheat" a little with starting fires. I have some of the small Esbit tablets that I carry to help me get either a...

In GEAR » Wood pellets
September 04, 7:28am

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Babione

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
I'm a big guy and have the Ex Light in XXL - weighs 7.8 ounces. In addition to being a great piece of insulation to wear I've found that I can use it in my hammock as an extra top quilt by op...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
January 03, 1:42pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
I just finished reading the book - it's an enjoyable and quick read. I've got two weekend trips planned this spring with guys who have never backpacked in their lives. I'm passing the bo...

In Books and Media
March 28, 5:52am