BPL Community Profile

Sumi Wada (DetroitTigerFan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Ann Arbor
About Me Sumi Wada has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sumi Wada

Showing 211 - 220 of 504 | Page: 1 ...13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ...51

Forum » Thread

Re: merino washing (at home/outdoors/travelling)
My preference at home is cold machine wash with tech wash and hang dry but almost all of my merino hiking garments have, at one time or another, been washed in hot water with detergent and dried in...

In GEAR » merino washing (at home/outdoors/travelling)
September 28, 8:30am

Re: Drew up a "prototype" to start turning some gears
@Jordan, that looks interesting. I came up with a similar concept by looking at the Tarptent Stratospire instead of the Squall. Seems like the top might sag but maybe not if I'm careful about...

In Make Your Own Gear » Roomy 2-person tarptent using 4 poles?
September 27, 7:10am

Re: Thank you for the replies
>> The bag is clean so I won't re-wash it Just be aware that any soaps/detergents that don't get completely rinsed out will affect the loft just as much as dirt and oils will. Mos...

In GEAR » question about a down bag that has been machine washed (without my consent)
September 26, 5:28pm

Re: Re: Roomy 2-person tarptent using 4 poles?
@Douglas, yeah, that's actually what I had in mind when I said "we could just add netting to the basic ridgeline tarp". We already do use the extra poles to prop up one or two corner...

September 26, 2:33pm

Roomy 2-person tarptent using 4 poles?
Has anyone made or thought about making a 2-person tarptent that utilizes FOUR trekking poles instead of the usual two? I'm thinking something like the Squall but using trekking poles (collaps...

September 26, 12:46pm

Re: please suggest to me a bag according to my needs listed
Feathered Friends. Range of temps, various standard girths and length, plus custom options beyond and in between. 850-900 fill. They make great bags. http://www.featheredfriends.com/Picasso/Bag...

In GEAR » please suggest to me a bag according to my needs listed
September 25, 7:18am

Re: Sugoi brand "Wallaroo" merino pieces at REI-outlet.com
Thought I'd update since I don't read/hear much about Sugoi merino layers among backpackers. I received my order from REI for a 170 long-sleeved crew, 170 short-sleeved crew and 210 long...

In Gear Deals » Sugoi brand "Wallaroo" merino pieces
September 22, 7:44am

Re: Trying to get down to 20lb pack need advice.
>> From what i have read the fastest and best way to cut weight is to lighten my big 3: pack, sleeping bag and shelter. Not sure that I agree. Might be the case for the hiker who's al...

In GEAR » Trying to get down to 20lb pack need advice.
September 20, 8:10am

Re: fact or fiction or marketing hype regarding backpacks for women
Yeah, how else is she going to find that baby-blue pack that matches her trail runners? Joking, obviously. "Women-specific" is such a generic term. I'm guessing there are differ...

In GEAR » fact or fiction or marketing hype regarding backpacks for women
September 20, 7:40am

Sugoi brand "Wallaroo" merino pieces at REI-outlet.com
REI Outlet has a lot of deeply discounted (75% off list prices) clothing through today. I found various merino pieces -- short-sleeve T-shirts, long-sleeved tops, quarter-zips -- in Sugoi "...

In Gear Deals » Sugoi brand "Wallaroo" merino pieces
September 18, 12:28pm

All Reader Reviews by Sumi Wada

Sumi Wada has posted no reviews.