BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 211 - 220 of 2002 | Page: 1 ...13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ...201

Forum » Thread

Interested in a three way swap
Tad since the Absaroka is made of relatively light material it won't last forever. If you like it I'd suggest buying the next entire pack that you see. D.k. I have a beat up pack I want...

In Gear Swap » WTB: HELP- Absoroka Hip Belt M
October 19, 8:11pm

Frame?
Very nice looking packs. I'd love to see some pictures of the frame and how you made it. A 23 oz pack with a frame carrying 40 pounds is pretty impressive.

In Make Your Own Gear » Two New Packs
October 19, 6:00pm

Pads and Backup Plans
If the Z-rest is full length you should be fine, no need to buy a full length neo air. +1 on a bivy or shelter in case you can't make it to an AT shelter. Snow, ice, blisters and other surp...

In Gear Lists » Smoky Mountain Winter Gear List.... Help Please!!!
October 18, 11:44pm

Pad
I'm not super familiar with winter in the Smokies but I wonder if you might want a full length pad?

In Gear Lists » Smoky Mountain Winter Gear List.... Help Please!!!
October 17, 9:22pm

Re Luke Here's a Trip
Thanks for the invite. Unfortunately I'm in Midland now so that's way too long of a drive for me to fit into a weekend off work. Hope you have fun.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 3 gallons of water in a frameless pack?
October 16, 6:45pm

Meeting dumb people
All these stories have me thinking I'll throw a couple disposable ponchos, a mini bik and an extra mini light in my pack next time. Not much weight gain and they might help someone else out. ...

In Philosophy & Technique » What would you have done?
October 15, 10:08pm

Toe Nails
I had a similar experience once. The problem was one of my toe nails was a bit long and the sharp corner was digging into the next toe. I trimmed the edge of that toenail and the problem went away.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How to prevent blisters between my third and fourth toes...
October 12, 6:05pm

Cool but not for most people
A year or so ago someone found a similar deal and posted it. Several of us were discussing a group order. Then Ryan Jordan saw the thread and told us all about sewing that stuff. Basically it wo...

In Make Your Own Gear » Pure Spectra/Dyneema fabric for $45/yard
October 11, 6:14pm

What about...
Two questions 1. I'd always heard it was best to stay away from river campsites in Alaska since bears travel up and down the river corridors. Is this not a concern in the northern rockies....

In Editor's Roundtable » Techniques for River Corridor Camping
October 08, 5:30pm

Other Choices
If you don't want to snowshoe you might consider Big Bend, Guadalupe NP, Utah or maybe the Gila Wilderness (might be too much snow there but it would be a better bet then any of the high ranges).

In Pre-Trip Planning » Looking to plan a trip during spring break in mid March somewhere on the west coast. Possible, or too much snow? Suggestions please
October 06, 9:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.