BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 211 - 220 of 11174 | Page: 1 ...13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ...1118

Forum » Thread

Re: Bob is spot on
Wood fires have become kind of a no-no in many parts of California now. Wood fires have generally been banned in many of the high elevation parts of national parks here. Now, due to the drought,...

In GEAR » update on alky stoves on the JMT
July 16, 3:48pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: inReach SE: No tracking points, no messages went through today!
Hmmm. The DeLorme tech support group finally responded to me after more than a week. Then the response was a non-answer. I wonder how far I can throw this thing. --B.G.--

In GEAR » inReach SE: No tracking points, no messages went through today!
July 16, 1:12pm

Re: Re: Kings Canyon National Park
"Glen Pass is completely snow free ?" I was there on July 10th, and the snow was almost entirely gone. As you can see in the photo, the total trail snow coverage was about twent...

In Post-Trip Reports » Kings Canyon National Park
July 16, 12:49pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Kings Canyon National Park
"did you take any pictures of the conditions of the Baxter Pass trail?" I have a few photos of it, but I'm not sure if they really show much. The top of the trail is fairly obvious...

July 16, 12:33pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: inReach SE: No tracking points, no messages went through today!
"So maybe you just need to sync twice for some unknown reason, once to upgrade the firmware and once to update everything else." That is what I've been complaining about to Delorme...

In GEAR » inReach SE: No tracking points, no messages went through today!
July 16, 11:10am

Re: Parks Service in SEKI May Poison Trout
When I was going through some high parts of Kings Canyon a few days ago, I saw quite a number of gill nets stretched across small lakes. So, they are already doing something. --B.G.--

In Fishing » Parks Service in SEKI May Poison Trout
July 16, 1:00am

Re: Sept snow on JMT
"It's rarely a single factor that results in a horrible outcome - but a single good decision can avoid it completely." I think that there was a death on the Whitney Trail earlier t...

In Gear Lists » Sept JMT Gear List
July 15, 11:09pm

Re: Re: Class suggestion for wilderness medic training?
"Anyone have a online source for the information given in the long WFR classes?" A close friend took the 80-hour WFR class about a year ago. She said that there was not much informatio...

In Philosophy & Technique » Class suggestion for wilderness medic training?
July 15, 10:47pm

Re: Colorado Trip Planning - Which Peaks?
Almost 40 years ago, I lived in the Midwest, so I knew nothing at all about high altitude. I knew next to nothing about backpacking at all. So, I went up Mount Elbert. It is the highest of the four...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Colorado Trip Planning - Which Peaks?
July 15, 10:40pm

Re: Re: Re: Kings Canyon National Park
I felt pretty wasted just from fatigue. I couldn't imagine hauling my daypack and camera up to the top rock. I mean, what was I going to do up there? So, I left them ten or twenty feet below th...

July 15, 10:33pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.