Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 211 - 220 of 12281 | Page: 1 ...13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ...1229

Forum » Thread

Re: MSR Whisperlite Universal flame control question (Roger Caffin please read)
"The great simmering MER Dragonfly stove" What the heck is this? --B.G.--

In GEAR » MSR Whisperlite Universal flame control question (Roger Caffin please read)
February 06, 3:20pm

Re: Carbon Fiber Tarp Pole
Note that 60 inches is kind of tall for a solo shelter pole. Lots of solo shelters use something around 42-45 inches, so you could use three of these four sections to get to about 45 inches. It'...

In Gear Swap » Carbon Fiber Tarp Pole
February 06, 2:56pm

Re: Vest filled with rice
What kind of fill power are you shooting for? It is going to be very heavy. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » Vest filled with rice
February 06, 2:52pm

Re: (Trail) Shelf Life of Homemade Energy/Protein Bars
I never refrigerate my squares of Logan Bread. I commonly consume the squares 1-3 months after baking. Occasionally I have let it go 6 months. I never throw any out unless there is mold growing on ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » (Trail) Shelf Life of Homemade Energy/Protein Bars
February 06, 2:51pm

Re: Interesting thread
For one trip last year, two of us had to plan whether we were going to carry a satellite communicator for the two of us, or one per person. One per person would be handy if we got separated and nee...

In Philosophy & Technique » Speaking of light; wouldn't sharing gear make our packs much lighter?
February 06, 1:59pm

Re: $100+/ounce
"IMO, only a number-fetishist would consider paying $100/ounce." Yes, but how many people will pay $3.53 per gram? --B.G.--

In GEAR » how much would you spend to save weight
February 06, 1:55pm

Re: Re: Re: I'll back up Nathan
"And pretty much everyone uses Bard 3DMax." Hmmm. Maybe we could use that stuff to make internal baffles for a sleeping bag. --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How will hernia repair affect backpacking ??? Anyone Know?
February 06, 1:52pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ultralight water-resistant seal rigid plastic containers?
Dale, I use that particular aluminum container to carry a tiny glass medicine bottle with me. Imagine that. The glass bottle is sealed and needs to remain so. Otherwise, I would just dump the medic...

In GEAR » Ultralight water-resistant seal rigid plastic containers?
February 06, 1:48pm

Re: Re: how much would you spend to save weight
"I won't buy it just to save weight" Where is the fun in that? Once in a while I will spend some money to save an ounce or two, because that allows me to carry an ounce or two m...

In GEAR » how much would you spend to save weight
February 06, 11:44am

Re: Re: Consider the responsibility for replacing damaged luggage contents
"generic cheap suitcase" That was probably one that had been liberated from a previous passenger. --B.G.--

In GEAR » 150 D Cuben Hybrid Material vs. Airline Baggage Handlers and Daily Off Trail Travel
February 06, 11:40am

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.