BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 211 - 220 of 11058 | Page: 1 ...13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ...1106

Forum » Thread

Re: Inreach
"The thing I like about it so far is that it is reliable and you know when a message has been sent, there are visual and audio signals displayed when the message goes out." I have the ...

In Gear Lists » Spot?
July 01, 2:55pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Alarm Clock
"vibrating wrist watch" For $109.95 ... NO THANK YOU. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Alarm Clock
July 01, 2:50pm

Re: Re: Alarm Clock
First of all, my shelter has no mitten clip, nor does it even have a door. Even if it did, the timer has no ring to clip to it. The timer used to have a big magnet on the back, and that would be go...

In GEAR » Alarm Clock
July 01, 1:57pm

Re: Alarm Clock
There are two candidates right now. One is a Casio digital wristwatch with alarm. I would have to take it off every night. The other is the Taylor 5862 kitchen timer, which has a louder alarm (...

In GEAR » Alarm Clock
July 01, 1:35pm

Re: Re: Best stove that you don't intend to use
"Blue Diamond almond tin" In many areas, the Blue Diamond almond tin is made out of cardboard with only a metal bottom. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Best stove that you don't intend to use
July 01, 12:51pm

Re: Spot?
The alternative to a Spot would be a two-way satellite communicator. With it, if you send an important message, you can get a reply. Hell, I even get replies when I told people not to reply. --B...

In Gear Lists » Spot?
July 01, 12:48pm

Re: Freeze dried meats?
"What's the best freeze dried meats out there?" Christopher, it depends on what you want to accomplish. Some backpackers use meats as a source of animal protein. Some use meats ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » 4 ingredients or less lazy freezer bag cooking
July 01, 12:44pm

Re: Re: Re: 4 ingredients or less lazy freezer bag cooking
"OK, now I will crawl back into the foodie hole I crawled out of." The foodie hole isn't so deep when you've been out on the trail for a week or two. Your standards will become...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » 4 ingredients or less lazy freezer bag cooking
July 01, 12:31pm

Re: Re: but it's just so stinky......
"Further, it can't be good for you to breathe that stuff" Simple solution. Don't breathe it. If you were stupid, you would breathe the fumes directly above the burning flame...

In Editor's Roundtable » Still My Favorite Cook Kit
July 01, 12:26pm

Re: Re: Re: Best stove that you don't intend to use
Your text mentions Esbit Tri-ti, but the photo shows an Esbit wing stove. Which is it? --B.G.--

In GEAR » Best stove that you don't intend to use
June 30, 8:55pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.