BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 211 - 220 of 10384 | Page: 1 ...13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ...1039

Forum » Thread

Re: Where is this?
Do you need the latitude/longitude? In general, it is in the Alabama Hills. That is just west of Lone Pine on the way toward Mount Whitney. There is a large number of these natural arches there,...

In Photo Gallery » Where is this?
March 29, 3:02pm

Re: g VS ml
"F is more accurate than whole number C" Don't try to confuse accuracy with resolution. A Fahrenheit thermometer is likely to be just as accurate as a Celsius thermometer, but F...

In Make Your Own Gear » More Foster's Fun
March 29, 12:46pm

Re: Sleeping pad for dogs
Wait a second. What do these dogs have for a base weight load? --B.G.--

In GEAR » Sleeping pad for dogs
March 29, 12:38pm

Re: Sleeping pad for dogs
Big dogs or little dogs? --B.G.--

In GEAR » Sleeping pad for dogs
March 29, 12:54am

Re: Bobcats on Trailcamera
I wonder if these were done with or without catnip. --B.G.--

In Photo Gallery » Bobcats on Trailcamera
March 28, 9:39pm

Delmar
"You KNOW how easy it is to make a mistake, what with all the conversions and what-not." I thought that I made an error one time, but I was mistaken. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » More Foster's Fun
March 28, 7:47pm

Re: Big Basin Redwoods State Park & Skyline to the Sea Trail - hike suggestions
When you shoot the waterfall, you want to slow down the shutter to be a large fraction of a second in order to get the silky water effect. There is a wooden platform with railing to shoot from so y...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Big Basin Redwoods State Park & Sea to Summit Trail - hike suggestions
March 28, 6:16pm

Re: Re: Seam sealing weight gain?
"Why any tent/tarp should get listed without stakes weight is completely beyond me since you need them to set it up but perhaps we would should move to listing all our shelters without stakes ...

In GEAR » Seam sealing weight gain?
March 28, 5:59pm

Re: Re: Come again?
"That, and it's still my first cup of coffee this morning/evening" What was the starting temperature of the liquid? Nevermind. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » Welding Blanket Under Alcohol Stove for Winter Conditions
March 28, 3:35pm

Re: Pinnacles Nat Park, Thank you, some follow up Q's
Exposure is relative. There is no hideous exposure while on the trail. One time we had a person in the group who had acrophobia. When she got to the place with solid footsteps in the rock and a sol...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Pinnacles National Park - best trails/hikes?
March 28, 1:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.