Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Guest

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 211 - 220 of 12816 | Page: 1 ...13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ...1282

Forum » Thread

Re: Disconnect fuel loss
"You would just need a chunk of foam to protect the pot/stove." Around the butane burner, I wrap some aluminum foil. That happens to be the same foil that is my normal windscreen. Then...

In Gear Deals » Ruta Locura Sale/ New stove setup
May 07, 10:41pm

Re: Re: Oh the things you learn
Marko, think of it as bacon on the hoof. --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » We talk a lot about bears. What about boars?
May 07, 10:28pm

Re: Hilarious
"Holy s***! " I believe that the entire quotation is Holy s***, Batman! --B.G.--

In GEAR » Never buying from REI again
May 07, 10:23pm

Re: for sale?
Good Grief! This thread is almost five years old. --B.G.--

In Gear Swap » FS: Black Diamond Oneshot
May 07, 10:19pm

Re: Standardized testing.
"I don't know what you mean there, Bob." We know that there is some extra weight of metal that you are carrying around as part of a JetBoil rig as compared to a conventional cook p...

May 07, 10:18pm

Re: Ever break your titanium pot?
I watched a guy break his titanium pot once. He was using it to hammer titanium tent stakes into rocky ground. That is not exactly a manufacturing or materials defect. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Ever break your titanium pot?
May 07, 4:03pm

Re: seams coming apart
Not necessarily. Sometimes a clothing item is washed improperly, and this causes stresses in the seams. So, it might be purely a user mistake. --B.G.--

May 07, 4:01pm

Re: Re: Never buying from REI again
I think an official BPL cloth patch could be sewn over any small hole. Or, you can leave the hole there and claim that it is for extra ventilation. --B.G.--

May 07, 3:55pm

Re: Comparing the efficiency of Josh's setup with JetBoil's
Apparently you have a firm grasp of the amount of fuel you burn, so you know about how much fuel you save compared to a non-JetBoil rig. Based on the fuel weight savings but also based on the weigh...

May 07, 3:51pm

Re: Re: Telescope Peak Conditions - April 29th
There are many people making amateur videos these days. It is said that viewers will accept crappy video more than they will accept crappy audio. Next time you go to Death Valley, try doing Tele...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Telescope Peak Conditions - April 29th
May 07, 12:46pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.