BPL Community Profile

Katharina .... (Kat_P) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Coast
About Me Love to be outside, best if in the mountains. Trying to get lighter without going broke.
Happy trails.

I make beanies, hats and other gear. Contact me for repairs as well.
www.mountaingoathatsandgoods.com
CityNorth of Davenport
StateCalifornia
CountryUsa
My Website URLhttp://www.mountaingoathatsandgoods.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Katharina ....

Showing 2081 - 2090 of 2704 | Page: 1 ...200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ...271

Forum » Thread

ok, again
Yes Doug, I was thinking of someone along your lines. Well, here is what I think about the other comments. Those that don't want to share because: 1." Other people will have heavie...

In Philosophy & Technique » Speaking of light; wouldn't sharing gear make our packs much lighter?
March 27, 8:28am

Re: Re: ok
John, I will again apply the same language and philosophy used in Gear Lists . "It's mostly how I learned" woud not really fly for anything else, when it comes to shedding weight ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Speaking of light; wouldn't sharing gear make our packs much lighter?
March 26, 9:33pm

Groups
I think that when we see traditional backpackers, with some huge packs, they often share gear, and still carry all that. So the difference between traditional and Light backpacking would be even bi...

March 26, 9:06pm

re: Re: Speaking of light; wouldn't sharing gear make our packs much lighter?
@Travis. Fair enough.

March 26, 8:38pm

Re: Re: Speaking of light; wouldn't sharing gear make our packs much lighter?
Travis, I will play devil's advocate here, mostly because of how I see people's lists being taken apart. So I will use similar language and critique. You still bring two stoves , because...

March 26, 8:12pm

ok
@John. Yes, that was the premise for my question. The question is why? and does it make sense? Is it a hormonal reason or is it justified in another way. Again, I am not criticizing it, as I bring ...

March 26, 7:38pm

Speaking of light; wouldn't sharing gear make our packs much lighter?
This has probably been brought up before, but here it goes. If two or more people go backpacking together, not as couples, but as friends, would it not save a lot of weight to only bring one stov...

March 26, 7:04pm

Great!
Awesome trip report! Jack , you continue to be a snow magnet. Sorry to have missed it, and for some work that didn't even happen... A great adventure.

In Post-Trip Reports » Yosemite " Epic snow Trip" 2011
March 25, 10:57pm

Neoair regular
What is the length of the small? I have a regular that is longer than I need.

In Gear Swap » WTT: Neoair small for medium or regular size
March 25, 10:02pm

"So my dog fell off a cliff tonight..."
Lucky dog to have you as a buddy...Sounds like an adventure with a happy ending.

In Chaff » So my dog fell off a cliff tonight...
March 25, 9:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Katharina ....

Katharina .... has posted no reviews.