BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 2071 - 2080 of 2107 | Page: 1 ...192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211

Forum » Thread

Pad question
Just curious, have any of you noticed a difference warmth wise between 3/4 length pad and a full length? I can't say I have but I never tried both back to back.

In GEAR » Sleeping Bags...Help Me Decide
October 06, 8:28pm

Great Idea
I love this idea, I really should organize my stuff more. I think on one trip it took 3 hours to put everything together (although taking a little brother complicated matters). I don't want...

In Editor's Roundtable » 24: Fall Equinox in the Hyalite Cirque of Montana's Gallatin Mountains
October 06, 7:38pm

Bag
Sounds like a cool idea. I've wasted more money than I care to think about by not thinking things through so here are a few general ideas. You don't have to do a complete overall, I would...

In GEAR » I'm new and seeking advice
October 05, 9:45pm

Other stuff before pack
I'm going to echo what others have said and suggest you get your pack last. I would personally decide on my shelter, than my sleeping bag, than think about a pack to haul all of that. Otherwi...

In GEAR » Building Your Gear from Day One
October 05, 8:43pm

Tarp Size
Brett my poncho tarp is about 5ft. by 8ft. and I would not us it without a bivy. Its just too small to keep rain from blowing in the edges. I think 8 by 10 would be enough and give you more livin...

In GEAR » Solo Tarp without a Bivy
October 02, 1:19pm

Tiple Antibiotic
I'm going to second the motion that you carry Triple Antibiotic for several reasons. First I have personal experience with the joys of serious infection. I got infected when I was 14 from a b...

In GEAR » Purell instead of Triple Antibiotic Ointment?
October 02, 11:16am

Good idea
Thomas, good idea putting Christ in a bivy. I took my little brother camping a while back and he rolled out from under the tarp tent, fortunately it wasn't raining. Its great to see dads spen...

In Post-Trip Reports » Overnight Hike with my Son
September 30, 8:46am

Cool Idea
Personally I don't care if its been done before, I don't have time to search through thousands of old threads so I'm glad good ideas get published twice. Actually that sounds like a co...

In Editor's Roundtable » Make Your Own Gear - A Titanium Potty Trowel
September 30, 6:44am

Sasquatch
lol Justin. That reminds me of how we used to have fun with Gorilla suits at summer camp. I came into a cabin in one once. All the little (7-8 yr. old) guys ran and hid under the beds. Than the...

In Philosophy & Technique » Thinking About Bears and Cougars
September 26, 1:19pm

Tough little guy
That must be one tough little 7 year old (no offense to the 10 year old either). Nice to see a family spending time together like that. I wanted to take my little brother (11 now) and do the Colo...

In Post-Trip Reports » 7 Yr Old JMT Thru Hiker -- Update?
September 14, 6:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.