BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 2071 - 2080 of 2082 | Page: 1 ...190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209

Forum » Thread

Goofed.
Looks like I goofed the way those pictures came out. Oh well, it looks bad but you get the idea, its a good place to check out for shoulder season trips.

In Post-Trip Reports » Lost Creek Loop
August 28, 1:09pm

Lost Creek Loop
This spring I had the chance to do four backpacking trips in the Lost Creek wilderness area. I highly recomment the area especially when wetter mountain ranges are still snowed in. Here are a few...

In Post-Trip Reports » Lost Creek Loop
August 28, 1:04pm

test
Just testing the system out

In User Test Forum » test
August 28, 11:48am

Re: Great Experience
Thanks Darren, camp was a great experience and I am very greatful I did it. If you're interested in learning more by all means contact me I would LOVE to point you in the right direction. I ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Therapeutic Ultralight: Using Lightweight Backpacking to Help Troubled Boys
June 03, 12:41pm

Golite Ion mods
Heres a quick idea to add capacity to an Ion. I sewed two compression straps onto the top of the lid (about 1 ounce). If I need extra space I just put my misc. gear in a small stuff sack and stra...

In Gear Lists » Golite Ion ger lists
June 03, 10:48am

#2 for Therpeutic Camping
Funny you should mention the #2 issue. We definately had it, and I had some funny experiences with "#2 breakes." Usually the new kids would wait till they had no choice. Luke

In Editor's Roundtable » Therapeutic Ultralight: Using Lightweight Backpacking to Help Troubled Boys
June 03, 10:34am

Lost Creek is mostly snow free
Just an FYI for anyone in Colorado. I was in Lost Creek this weekend and the snow is mostly gone. We did a 31 mile loop from Ute Creek up past McCurdy Mountain and than up Goose Creek to Wigwam a...

In Post-Trip Reports » More Lost Creek Photos
May 18, 7:35pm

Torso Length
Thanks for the tip Don. I'm 5'8 (although I have a long torso) so Large sounds a bit big for me.

In Gear Swap » GoLite Jam2 - Large
March 26, 4:05pm

Torso length
How long is the torso lenght? My understanding is golites run a bit short in that area. What range do you think it would fit. Thanks.

In Gear Swap » GoLite Jam2 - Large
March 26, 2:58pm

Lightweight with little brothers
I've taken my little brothers and their buddies on several backpacking trips. They really like the exploring aspect, if they get to see some new country or climb some rocks they're happy....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Lightweight Backpacking with Young Children
March 16, 5:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.