Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Steven Evans (Steve_Evans) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Canada
About Me Steven Evans has not added a biography yet.
CityToronto
CountryCanada
My Website URLhttp://www.suluk46.com
My PDF Gear ListZion National Park - Mid May

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steven Evans

Showing 2061 - 2070 of 2081 | Page: 1 ...190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: How Much Money Have You Spent On Gear
My personal experience has been that the final UL or SUL list will be relatively low in cost when compared to the amount of money spent trying to get there. ie. my coast multi tool (2 oz) was onl...

In Gear Lists » How Much Money Have You Spent On Gear
May 02, 1:15pm

Re: re:Transportation
Brett wrote: two people take two cars, leave one at each end and shuttle the other person Always a good option, especially if more then one carload is already going. Another good idea althoug...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Transportation
May 01, 9:40am

Re: Beach hiking footwear?
This is good question and although I don't have an answer, I can tell you my experience. About 2 years ago I hiked the Kalalau Trail and then down the west side of Kauai on the beach. My shoes ...

In GEAR » Beach hiking footwear?
May 01, 9:21am

Re: getting back
I've hitched quite a few times to avoid the long walk back - learned a sweet lesson too...to battle Larry's problem(looking scruffy after the hike), I usually park at the trailhead/park, an...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Transportation
April 30, 9:08pm

Frame or Frameless
Looking for a little help on a decision here. I have brought my base weight down to 6.7 lbs, and it's time to purchase a new pack as I feel mine is overkill. I have been using the GG Vapour Tra...

In GEAR » Frame or Frameless
April 30, 11:15am

Re: Michael Palin's Himalayas.
Larry, Yes, It is quite an impressive "bump" in the Himalyas ;)...unfortunatley, I will not be climbing it. Reason: I'll be solo, so if I can't do it by myself (which I can't...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Anyone here sumit Everest?
April 27, 1:27pm

Re: Reply to..
Andrew, Nepal is highly recommended in my books. I leave next week and I'll be back in June so I can keep you updated, but judging by the comments in this thread, it may not be a popular topic...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Anyone here sumit Everest?
April 27, 12:13pm

Re: Re: Overnight Gear List
Patrick wrote: "I don't mind getting my list torn to shreds" Hey Patrick, sorry if that came across wrong - there was supposed to be a littel chuckle afterwards. Truth being told...

In Gear Lists » Overnight Gear List
April 27, 7:36am

Cheap Mods
This being an UL backpacking site, I fear your list would be torn to shreds by most people here. Best to do as mentioned above and look for alternatives to what you have - search the forums as they...

In Gear Lists » Overnight Gear List
April 25, 11:14am

Descente Velom Wind Shirt
I came accross this at my Local MEC ($70 CDN)and was wondering if anyone had any experience with it. http://www.descenteathletic.com/index.php?do=products_spring_07&parentID=241&catID=2...

In GEAR » Descente Volem Wind Shirt
April 24, 12:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Steven Evans

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Forty Below Light Energy TR Overboots/Simple Slippers
First off, here is the system I currently use: 1st: Thin liner sock, 2nd: Vapour Barrier Liner, 3rd: Montrail Hardrocks, 4th: 40 Below TR Overboot Why did I purchase the 40 Below Overboot?...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
May 14, 8:29am

Nunatak Arc AT
If you are thinking about this quilt, go for it. This system is the best I have used...just make sure you are ready for it. Paired with my Nunatak Skaha Plus, this is my 3 season sleep setup. I hav...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
December 19, 12:03pm

TarpTent Double Rainbow
With only one review for the rainbow, I had to put my 2 cents in here. Adding on the above post. Straight out of the box (tent, stuff sack, stakes etc.) and thrown on a scale, mine comes in at 4...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
February 20, 7:02am

Patagonia Ready Mix Softshell Jacket
I bought this on a whim just over a year ago after reading some reviews on it. This has turned out to be my go-to jacket for all my winter activities. From snowboarding to snowshoeing, there is no rea...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
February 20, 6:39am

Feathered Friends Customer Service
While the products are great, I purchased a 2 sets of Down Booties (which were in stock) on Jan-15th. Credit Card was charged same day and product was to be shipped next day. 3 weeks later I started t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 19, 10:35pm

Six Moon Designs Essence '07
Simply put, this pack had everything I was looking for - in order of importance: 1)Panel Loading for easy organization 2)Hip belt pockets for regularly accessed items 3)Mesh side pockets for dryi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
February 19, 10:25pm