Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Steven Evans (Steve_Evans) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Canada
About Me Steven Evans has not added a biography yet.
CityToronto
CountryCanada
My Website URLhttp://www.suluk46.com
My PDF Gear ListZion National Park - Mid May

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steven Evans

Showing 2061 - 2070 of 2089 | Page: 1 ...190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209

Forum » Thread

Re: Carry-On UL Packs
Hey Miguel, I just went through this situation. The only one I wasn't sure of was the poles (if you can bring a cane, why not poles?), and now I know, you cannot bring them on. I was also worr...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Carry-On UL Packs
June 19, 11:03am

Re: MLD Lite Soul
Hey Adam, What size is the MLD bivy? ever weigh it? Thanks Steve

In Gear Swap » RE MLD Tarp and other
June 16, 7:39am

Re: Re: SMD Essence
Aaron, Thanks fo the info. I'll keep my eye out for the gap below the flap. If it becomes a problem, maybe I can fit a small strap/button of somesort there. Funny timing, I actually ordered t...

In GEAR » SMD Essence and Nunatuk AT
June 15, 4:16pm

Re: Re: Killarney's "LaCloche Silloutte Trail"
Hey Paul, Seems this thread ended a while ago, but I just got back from a trip and am checking the new posts. Killarney is my home away from home. I've been hiking there since I was a kid. The...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Killarney's "LaCloche Silloutte Trail"
June 13, 5:34pm

SMD Essence and Nunatuk AT
Droppng some cashola on new gear in the next few days... Looking for some opinions. SMD Essence '07, When I look at it in the website, it seems to be the best pack for my needs. I get exci...

In GEAR » SMD Essence and Nunatuk AT
June 13, 5:25pm

Re: Re: MLD Devotion
Kevin E - I like the GG, but I fear it may be too warm for my intended use - which is HOT summer trips. Up here in Canada, after the igloos melt, it gets dang hot! I almost think I could get away w...

In GEAR » MLD Devotion
May 04, 11:08am

MLD Devotion
I was looking at 40* summer bags, and found the MLD Devotion in some older threads on BPL. I checked the MLD website and haven't heard back from Ron, but are these still available? Or is it dis...

In GEAR » MLD Devotion
May 04, 6:41am

Re: Tent Options for the Tall
I am in the same situation as you my friend. You have an inch on me, but I have yet to find a "light" free standing 2 person tent that I can comfortably lay out in. I do find that Eurek...

In GEAR » Tent Options for the Tall
May 03, 8:31am

Re: Re: How Much Money Have You Spent On Gear
My personal experience has been that the final UL or SUL list will be relatively low in cost when compared to the amount of money spent trying to get there. ie. my coast multi tool (2 oz) was onl...

In Gear Lists » How Much Money Have You Spent On Gear
May 02, 1:15pm

Re: re:Transportation
Brett wrote: two people take two cars, leave one at each end and shuttle the other person Always a good option, especially if more then one carload is already going. Another good idea althoug...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Transportation
May 01, 9:40am

All Reader Reviews by Steven Evans

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Forty Below Light Energy TR Overboots/Simple Slippers
First off, here is the system I currently use: 1st: Thin liner sock, 2nd: Vapour Barrier Liner, 3rd: Montrail Hardrocks, 4th: 40 Below TR Overboot Why did I purchase the 40 Below Overboot?...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
May 14, 8:29am

Nunatak Arc AT
If you are thinking about this quilt, go for it. This system is the best I have used...just make sure you are ready for it. Paired with my Nunatak Skaha Plus, this is my 3 season sleep setup. I hav...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
December 19, 12:03pm

TarpTent Double Rainbow
With only one review for the rainbow, I had to put my 2 cents in here. Adding on the above post. Straight out of the box (tent, stuff sack, stakes etc.) and thrown on a scale, mine comes in at 4...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
February 20, 7:02am

Patagonia Ready Mix Softshell Jacket
I bought this on a whim just over a year ago after reading some reviews on it. This has turned out to be my go-to jacket for all my winter activities. From snowboarding to snowshoeing, there is no rea...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
February 20, 6:39am

Feathered Friends Customer Service
While the products are great, I purchased a 2 sets of Down Booties (which were in stock) on Jan-15th. Credit Card was charged same day and product was to be shipped next day. 3 weeks later I started t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 19, 10:35pm

Six Moon Designs Essence '07
Simply put, this pack had everything I was looking for - in order of importance: 1)Panel Loading for easy organization 2)Hip belt pockets for regularly accessed items 3)Mesh side pockets for dryi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
February 19, 10:25pm