Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Steven Evans (Steve_Evans) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Canada
About Me Steven Evans has not added a biography yet.
CityToronto
CountryCanada
My Website URLhttp://www.suluk46.com
My PDF Gear ListZion National Park - Mid May

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steven Evans

Showing 2061 - 2070 of 2106 | Page: 1 ...192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211

Forum » Thread

Re: Arm wamer weight
Descente Coldout Arm warmers - size large - 2.5 oz. Tried them last night, they are really warm. Looks like I'm going with the Montbell Half Sleeve version. Thanks for all the help guys. ...

In GEAR » Montbell Down Inner Prices
June 28, 10:27am

Komperdell fixed
After seeing this thread earlier today, I came home, took my poles apart and performed the exact operation described above. I am now the happy owner of 2 fully functional Komperdell poles. Can'...

In GEAR » Trekking pole newbie questions what makes 1 better than another, solid/adjustable,why? Recommendations
June 27, 8:19pm

Re: Cut the dread locks
Years ago when I was just looking into getting my pack lighter, I went to the local outfitters and they told me to talk to some guy "Chris" on the weekend, as he was an ultralight fanatic...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Question of curiosity...
June 27, 4:58pm

Re: poles: Carbon fiber and flicklock,$40
Brett wrote:Also, for anyone considering fixed length poles, will you ALWAYS carry your poles in your hands? From trail head back to trail head? If you are like me you will stow them for the majori...

In GEAR » Trekking pole newbie questions what makes 1 better than another, solid/adjustable,why? Recommendations
June 27, 10:09am

Komperdell Slippage
I'm going to have to agree with Pamela on the slipping of the Kompderdell twist locks. My carbon C3's usually slip a few times a day, and I just tighten them up - no big deal. However, they...

June 26, 3:26pm

Arm wamer weight
Thanks Christopher. I figured that they would weigh about that. They looked pretty warm when I saw them yesterday. That being said, I would prefer the ones that weigh 2 oz, over the ones that weigh...

June 26, 11:04am

Re: Steven, $15 and 5-10 days
Brett, Beer coming your way! Just have to go to the outfitters tonight and weigh up the arm gaiters I have my eye on. I want to make sure it is worth going with the half sleeve. I'll PM you...

June 26, 10:18am

Re: Steven, re: your MB jacket
Brett, Thanks for the offer, and I may take you up on it. What is shipping for something like that to Canada? And will it arrive at the end of the summer ;) - just seems to be the trend when I ord...

June 26, 5:45am

Re: Montbell Down Inner Prices
Thanks for the info Christopher. I'm using my AT for summer temps only "for now" - most likely go with the Montbell half sleeve. I want the Skaha, but I think I'll sweat bullets i...

June 26, 5:45am

Check the label
Check the name on the label...you sure my pack didn't get lazy and head for your place...Still waiting on mine.

In GEAR » SMD Essence and Nunatuk AT
June 25, 7:56pm

All Reader Reviews by Steven Evans

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Forty Below Light Energy TR Overboots/Simple Slippers
First off, here is the system I currently use: 1st: Thin liner sock, 2nd: Vapour Barrier Liner, 3rd: Montrail Hardrocks, 4th: 40 Below TR Overboot Why did I purchase the 40 Below Overboot?...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
May 14, 8:29am

Nunatak Arc AT
If you are thinking about this quilt, go for it. This system is the best I have used...just make sure you are ready for it. Paired with my Nunatak Skaha Plus, this is my 3 season sleep setup. I hav...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
December 19, 12:03pm

TarpTent Double Rainbow
With only one review for the rainbow, I had to put my 2 cents in here. Adding on the above post. Straight out of the box (tent, stuff sack, stakes etc.) and thrown on a scale, mine comes in at 4...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
February 20, 7:02am

Patagonia Ready Mix Softshell Jacket
I bought this on a whim just over a year ago after reading some reviews on it. This has turned out to be my go-to jacket for all my winter activities. From snowboarding to snowshoeing, there is no rea...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
February 20, 6:39am

Feathered Friends Customer Service
While the products are great, I purchased a 2 sets of Down Booties (which were in stock) on Jan-15th. Credit Card was charged same day and product was to be shipped next day. 3 weeks later I started t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 19, 10:35pm

Six Moon Designs Essence '07
Simply put, this pack had everything I was looking for - in order of importance: 1)Panel Loading for easy organization 2)Hip belt pockets for regularly accessed items 3)Mesh side pockets for dryi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
February 19, 10:25pm