BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 2051 - 2060 of 2106 | Page: 1 ...192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211

Forum » Thread

Question
My Native sunglasses come with yellow replacement lens. Supposedly all Native lens block all UV light. Does anyone know if this means they would be good on a overcast day on the snew? Is there a...

In Philosophy & Technique » UV Protection for my eyes.
October 13, 7:55am

Sunglasses
Wyatt I agrre sunglasses can annoying, I don't like hats much either. I finally bought a nicer pair and love them. They don't distort things like my old $5 sunglasses did. I carry a case...

In Philosophy & Technique » UV Protection for my eyes.
October 13, 7:39am

Watch the soles
I don't personally us stream crossing shoes, I've gone to running shoes with smartwool sock for most stuff. BUT if you want them I can tell you one thing not to get. I tried a pair of tev...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » stream crossing footwear input needed
October 12, 7:35pm

Nice Pictures
Great pictures, you make me want to get out again. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

In Gear Lists » Fall Colors weekend get away
October 11, 8:17pm

Thanks
Thanks again Dondo, as of right now the long range forecast looks pretty good. I'm being tempted to ditch my rain suit and just take a poncho, my guess is most precipitation will be snow where...

In Post-Trip Reports » Another Lost Creek Loop
October 11, 5:45pm

Polar Bears
Chris, are polar bears really that bad up there? I'm surprised they actually required you to bring a gun. A popular thing in Alaska is a short barreled 12 gauge shotgun firing slugs. That ...

In GEAR » Ultralight Rifle
October 11, 5:02pm

Just to clarify
This has been a fun thread, I hope you international posters don't go away your perspectives are most interesting. I wouldn't worry about stumbling on some pot growing, gun toting locals ex...

October 11, 2:02pm

Interesting
This has been a rather interesting topic to follow, I had no idea some of the trespass laws in other parts of the world. In the interest of keeping things in perspective you're unlikely to hav...

October 11, 12:00pm

Thanks
Thanks Reinhold, I figured you weren't knocking me, I probably wasn't being real clear anyhow. I would be interested in trying a gather as you go trip but can't at the moment not enoug...

October 10, 5:03pm

Living off the land
FlIX, actaully a good buddy of mine has done that too. I wasn't thinking so much the "live in a tepee" part as just the logic of having to figure out how to hunt/gather at the same t...

October 10, 12:38pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.