BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 2041 - 2050 of 2076 | Page: 1 ...189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208

Forum » Thread

Great Idea
I love this idea, I really should organize my stuff more. I think on one trip it took 3 hours to put everything together (although taking a little brother complicated matters). I don't want...

In Editor's Roundtable » 24: Fall Equinox in the Hyalite Cirque of Montana's Gallatin Mountains
October 06, 7:38pm

Bag
Sounds like a cool idea. I've wasted more money than I care to think about by not thinking things through so here are a few general ideas. You don't have to do a complete overall, I would...

In GEAR » I'm new and seeking advice
October 05, 9:45pm

Other stuff before pack
I'm going to echo what others have said and suggest you get your pack last. I would personally decide on my shelter, than my sleeping bag, than think about a pack to haul all of that. Otherwi...

In GEAR » Building Your Gear from Day One
October 05, 8:43pm

Tarp Size
Brett my poncho tarp is about 5ft. by 8ft. and I would not us it without a bivy. Its just too small to keep rain from blowing in the edges. I think 8 by 10 would be enough and give you more livin...

In GEAR » Solo Tarp without a Bivy
October 02, 1:19pm

Tiple Antibiotic
I'm going to second the motion that you carry Triple Antibiotic for several reasons. First I have personal experience with the joys of serious infection. I got infected when I was 14 from a b...

In GEAR » Purell instead of Triple Antibiotic Ointment?
October 02, 11:16am

Good idea
Thomas, good idea putting Christ in a bivy. I took my little brother camping a while back and he rolled out from under the tarp tent, fortunately it wasn't raining. Its great to see dads spen...

In Post-Trip Reports » Overnight Hike with my Son
September 30, 8:46am

Cool Idea
Personally I don't care if its been done before, I don't have time to search through thousands of old threads so I'm glad good ideas get published twice. Actually that sounds like a co...

In Editor's Roundtable » Make Your Own Gear - A Titanium Potty Trowel
September 30, 6:44am

Sasquatch
lol Justin. That reminds me of how we used to have fun with Gorilla suits at summer camp. I came into a cabin in one once. All the little (7-8 yr. old) guys ran and hid under the beds. Than the...

In Philosophy & Technique » Thinking About Bears and Cougars
September 26, 1:19pm

Tough little guy
That must be one tough little 7 year old (no offense to the 10 year old either). Nice to see a family spending time together like that. I wanted to take my little brother (11 now) and do the Colo...

In Post-Trip Reports » 7 Yr Old JMT Thru Hiker -- Update?
September 14, 6:05pm

Thanks Guys
Thanks for the info. we'll be smart and check the weather of course. The plan right now is to bring more than we're likely to need and leave extra stuff with friends. Glad to hear 20 degr...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Lost Creek in October
September 13, 3:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.