Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 2041 - 2050 of 2124 | Page: 1 ...194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213

Forum » Thread

Exploring
Thanks for the info Dondo. I was interested in hearing back from people who've been there in case I go back. Lost Creek is one of my favorite spots. Interesting that I'm not the only one...

In Post-Trip Reports » Lost Creek Craziness
November 08, 7:21pm

Nikon
I had a Nikon L15 for a while. They should still be out there although I think they might have updated to an L18 or something like that. It uses 2 AA batteries.

In Photography » Camera that uses AAs?
November 05, 7:25am

Cool
Awesome trip report, I like your writing style. I was hoping you guys would do an article or at least post a trip report. Just curious about the food how much was not enough Dave?

In Editor's Roundtable » Le Parcour de Wild Race Report
November 03, 5:09pm

Z-55
Franco good point on the volume question. Tim I'm not sure you really need an expensive pack if you're going to be doing short days. Why not look at a cheaper pack like a Kelty or Jans...

In GEAR » Pack for Heavy loads
November 02, 2:52pm

Re. Gregory Z55 comments for loads of 35#+
You're right it will carry more than 35 pounds fairly well its just the edge of its design parametors. The Z-55 is a bit overbuilt and priced for what its supposed to do but I don't mind b...

November 02, 1:11pm

Packs
Someone mentioned the Gregory Z-55. I have one and its a great pack but I think 35 pounds is the upper limit of comfort. Doing 40 is tolerable however especially for short periods. For a totally...

November 02, 12:44pm

SPOT Insurance
Joe I didn't know there were deals like that. This may be a bit of a niche market since most states won't bill you. If it was more common I suspect bigger insurance companies would offer ...

In Winter Hiking » N.H. Bills Lost Hikers $25K
November 02, 11:48am

RNMP
My brother and I went up in January and did a day hike, I believe it was Battle Mountain (below Long's Peak). Snow There was maybe 2 feet of snow but the trail up to timberline was beat dow...

In Winter Hiking » Anyone backpacked in Rocky Mtn NP in late December/early January?
November 01, 5:30pm

Insurance
I always thought in a missing person case time was super important. Do we really want people to hesitate before they call 911? There is no reason why a national wilderness insurance system wouldn...

November 01, 12:33pm

What are taxes for?
Here's my analogy. If my car breaks down I pay the auto shop to repair it because they won't do the job out of the goodness of their hearts. I don't do that for a policemen who respon...

October 31, 10:13pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.