BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 2041 - 2050 of 2059 | Page: 1 ...187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206

Forum » Thread

Bear Spray and Solo Hiking
Brains and keeping together go a long way. I would agree with Dean that except in unusual situations bears aren't going to attack larger groups (exceptions that I have seen usually involve peo...

In Philosophy & Technique » Thinking About Bears and Cougars
September 07, 8:04am

Bears&Cougers
My understanding is that a bear will only hurt you for two reasons. First he feels you are a threat and for whatever reason can't or won't run. This is more common among Grizzlies. The s...

In Philosophy & Technique » Thinking About Bears and Cougars
September 05, 5:13pm

Looks Cool
I took a look at the website, looks cool. Marketing seems to be very visual so the more pictures you put up the better. Who knows I might be looking at a custom pack one of these days. Good luck...

In Gear Deals » TIM MARSHALL NEEDS YOUR HELP
September 03, 6:39pm

Artic dry bag
I have my eye on that artic dry bag so don't give up. I need to see how my finances are going to be. If I can I'll get it. I'm hoping to get back to Alaska on of these days.

In Gear Swap » FS Packs - BPL Arctic Dry Pack, GG Vapor Trail
September 03, 6:20pm

Alaska?
Derek, I live along the Appalachian trail and it is nice but I wouldn't fly all the way over just to do part of it. The PCT and CDT are going to be much more scenic and remote. Check out An...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » recommendation for a 10 week trail
September 03, 7:15am

Dolly Sods
Very nice article. You make me want to get out again. I'm not an expert but my understanding was that trail and campsites had been swept for morters but that bushwacking was discouraged. I d...

In Editor's Roundtable » New Wilderness! Dolly Sods North & Roaring Plains West
September 02, 8:02pm

Lost Creek
Hey Dondo, Those rock formations look suspiciously familiar is that Lost Creek there? Luke

In Post-Trip Reports » Lost Creek Loop
August 28, 7:41pm

Goofed.
Looks like I goofed the way those pictures came out. Oh well, it looks bad but you get the idea, its a good place to check out for shoulder season trips.

August 28, 1:09pm

Lost Creek Loop
This spring I had the chance to do four backpacking trips in the Lost Creek wilderness area. I highly recomment the area especially when wetter mountain ranges are still snowed in. Here are a few...

August 28, 1:04pm

test
Just testing the system out

In User Test Forum » test
August 28, 11:48am

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.