Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 2011 - 2020 of 2120 | Page: 1 ...193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212

Forum » Thread

Re Re Survey
I love gear reviews and trip reports but I think BPL would be much more boring if all it did was review the latest packs and tell stories about hiking from point A to point B. Its fun to see how p...

In Philosophy & Technique » SURVEY: Ultralight Hunting at Backpacking Light
December 11, 1:41pm

Pace
If you want to make thirty miles a day there better be a general agreement on it. Otherwise its not worth the strain on friendships when someone can't keep up. Also even if you're feelin...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Unwritten Rules of Backpacking with Buddies
December 10, 10:54am

Slingshots
A friend was telling me how boys in Afica would us slings to protect their goat herds. If a baboon came around he said they were good enough to decide if they wanted to kill it or just hurt it.

In Philosophy & Technique » Sling Shots
December 09, 11:10am

UL60
I took a BPL UL60 Quilt down to around 38-40 degrees one time in normal hiking clothes. I was borderline hypothermic the next moring. However just for perspective this was in Febuary so it was a ...

In GEAR » 40*F: UL60 quilt + bivy OR down pants/jacket + bivy
December 08, 6:20pm

Mummy Range
Sorry I can't say much about that area either, you might try calling the Park Rangers, it might depend on who answeres the phone that day. Try Google Earth for a general idea what the area loo...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 5-6 day Colorado hike suggestions?
December 08, 12:28pm

Modifying a BPL UL Quilt
While we're on the subject my brother expressed an interest in using a BPL UL 60 quilt over a Marmot 0 degree bag for really bad weather camping, problem is its a bit tight$. Our idea was to o...

In Make Your Own Gear » Modifying a BPL UL Quilt
December 07, 11:59am

Frameless Packs
I'm going to respectfully disagree just a bit with Dean on the Golite Jam. If you're going to spend $150 or so for a pack that weighs almost 2 pounds you could just as easily get a pack wi...

In GEAR » Frameless pack question?
December 05, 9:01pm

Packing
I pretty much pack lightest on bottom and work up from there. Usually I try to put my heaviest items (usually water bottles)right up against my back. One time I was getting sore with a very light...

In GEAR » Frameless Pack Questions
December 05, 2:24pm

My Favorite
Trip reports are one of my favorite parts of BPL. You inspire me I've got a couple reports I could probably through up. Glad you guys had a good time.

In Post-Trip Reports » My wife's first overnight
December 04, 9:35pm

Texas Squirrels
Yeah Dan you need to go to Texas where the squirrels are really big. I always thought of the PAK rifle as a supplement. If you get a rabbit or grouse every days or so thats a lot of extra food ...

In Philosophy & Technique » UL with a gun?
December 04, 7:36pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.