BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 2011 - 2020 of 2059 | Page: 1 ...187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206

Forum » Thread

Interesting
This has been a rather interesting topic to follow, I had no idea some of the trespass laws in other parts of the world. In the interest of keeping things in perspective you're unlikely to hav...

In GEAR » Ultralight Rifle
October 11, 12:00pm

Thanks
Thanks Reinhold, I figured you weren't knocking me, I probably wasn't being real clear anyhow. I would be interested in trying a gather as you go trip but can't at the moment not enoug...

October 10, 5:03pm

Living off the land
FlIX, actaully a good buddy of mine has done that too. I wasn't thinking so much the "live in a tepee" part as just the logic of having to figure out how to hunt/gather at the same t...

October 10, 12:38pm

Packing idea
Thanks for the ideas. I'm using a poncho tarp as shelter and proabley rain gear. My friend insisted on bringing his (cramped) two man tent. The plan is I'll sleep under my poncho most ni...

In Gear Lists » Lost Creek Backpacking
October 10, 12:35pm

Ultralight Rifle
In the US a rifle cannot have a barrel under 16 inches and a handgun cannot have a shoulder stock. This might be different in Canada I don't know. However, you can get a license to own rifles...

October 10, 9:02am

Lost Creek Backpacking Gear List
I'm heading for Lost Creek Colorado next Friday for a week of backpacking. Here is my tenitive gear list of what will be in my backpack. Total weight is roughly 81/2 pounds. I might add a rai...

In Gear Lists » Lost Creek Backpacking
October 10, 8:48am

Ultralight Rifle
I've heard of some guys who hike out into the backcountry with a light pack and spend several days looking for Elk. My guess is that a lot better way to see something than hunting near roads l...

October 09, 7:10am

Thanks
Thanks for the link Dondo. Have you found it fairly accurate?

In Post-Trip Reports » Another Lost Creek Loop
October 08, 9:47pm

Lost Creek
Greaat Pictures Dondo. I like reading your trip reports. I've been all up and down those trails so its fun to see them in your pictures. I'll be out there myself from the 16 through the ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Another Lost Creek Loop
October 08, 6:00pm

Interesting Idea
I don't know what regulations would come into play but doing an unsupported wilderness trek and living off what you catch/shoot would be very interesting. I wonder how practical it would be to...

October 08, 10:48am

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.