November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
CountryUnited States
My Website URL

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 2001 - 2010 of 2295 | Page: 1 ...192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 ...230

Forum » Thread

The nickname that stuck the longest was "Chief" which was actually a sort of title at a therapy camp I worked at (apparently they'ed had an old west type theme way back). It was &quo...

In Chaff » Forum nicknames
January 30, 7:33am

re. 5-7 days hike in Colorad
One thing I would suggest if you are coming from Ohio is to make sure you have time to aclimitize. Last trip I went up to fast and was pretty miserable. I like the Indian Peaks area a lot but l...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Suggestions for 5-7 day hike in Colorado
January 24, 4:15pm

Where to go
The Crest Trail and the AT make a loop through most of the really good areas. i would also hit the AT between Elk Garden adn Rhododendren Gap or at least the Gap to Mt. Rogers. On the thread foll...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Grayson Highlands over Easter
January 05, 1:16am

Sand Dunes
I would guess the Sand Dunes would be snow free early in the spring. Not a big area but a unique place. One thing about the sand. It gets into EVERYTHING. After seeing the sand work its way int...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Elk Mountain Range and Sangre del Cristo
December 31, 4:24pm

Mtn Lion Tracks
If I recall you're right Mountain Lions occassionally leave claw marks. I'm looking more at the shape of this track, the toe pads and the alignment of the toes and thinking thats a really...

In Post-Trip Reports » The Foothills Trail in 4 days!
December 28, 10:28am

Very Cool
Nice Trip report Daniel. The foothills trail has been on my to-do list for a while. My friends took a group of boys down that trail and loved it. How big was that track you took a picture of? ...

In Post-Trip Reports » The Foothills Trail in 4 days!
December 27, 1:45pm

Route advice
John I hope your trip goes well. I just thought of a couple more things. 1. I really like the Nat. Geo. maps because they show the springs. They run most of the time (I've never seen them d...

In Editor's Roundtable » SUL with My Kid Brother
December 14, 1:03pm

I have tried a Nano and a Golite Virga (another lightweight rain jacket). Personally I wouldn't want to wear either one in an all day rainstorm. For that kind of situation I would look at hea...

In GEAR » Isotope Nano/ Questions
December 13, 5:25pm

Re JMT with my 13 year old
I would agree with the idea of starting small and working your way up. I did that with my little brother and now he can't get enough of backpacking. I would have two main concerns that I wo...

In Philosophy & Technique » JMT with my 13 year old
December 13, 8:33am

Re Fabric
Well I hope we keep coexisting:) I see hunting gear as somewhat different because the goals are somewhat different (finding an animal not traveling for its own sake). I doubt hunters would want...

In GEAR » New Kifaru Pack - less then 3lbs, 5200 ci, will carry 100+ lbs!
December 11, 10:18pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.