BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 2001 - 2010 of 2059 | Page: 1 ...187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206

Forum » Thread

Snow conditions in Lost Creek
Jared - I don't know if you're still thinking about a Lost Creek hike but I just got back. On day five (3 days back) we had a good snowfall as we were leaving. I would guess the higher el...

In Gear Lists » Lost Creek Backpacking
October 24, 9:36pm

Lost Creek Conditions
Jared - I'm heading out the door in 40 minutes. My friends in the area report no snow and the weather forecase is pretty good. Actaully its looks like the next week will be surprisingly warm....

In Gear Lists » Lost Creek Backpacking
October 16, 7:23am

Half Bags
I've camped under tarps a lot with kids, mostly little brothers and summer camp overnighters. I personally would recommend a completely inclosed tent that keeps out the wind and night noises b...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking with kids - questions
October 13, 4:32pm

Question
My Native sunglasses come with yellow replacement lens. Supposedly all Native lens block all UV light. Does anyone know if this means they would be good on a overcast day on the snew? Is there a...

In Philosophy & Technique » UV Protection for my eyes.
October 13, 7:55am

Sunglasses
Wyatt I agrre sunglasses can annoying, I don't like hats much either. I finally bought a nicer pair and love them. They don't distort things like my old $5 sunglasses did. I carry a case...

In Philosophy & Technique » UV Protection for my eyes.
October 13, 7:39am

Watch the soles
I don't personally us stream crossing shoes, I've gone to running shoes with smartwool sock for most stuff. BUT if you want them I can tell you one thing not to get. I tried a pair of tev...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » stream crossing footwear input needed
October 12, 7:35pm

Nice Pictures
Great pictures, you make me want to get out again. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

In Gear Lists » Fall Colors weekend get away
October 11, 8:17pm

Thanks
Thanks again Dondo, as of right now the long range forecast looks pretty good. I'm being tempted to ditch my rain suit and just take a poncho, my guess is most precipitation will be snow where...

In Post-Trip Reports » Another Lost Creek Loop
October 11, 5:45pm

Polar Bears
Chris, are polar bears really that bad up there? I'm surprised they actually required you to bring a gun. A popular thing in Alaska is a short barreled 12 gauge shotgun firing slugs. That ...

In GEAR » Ultralight Rifle
October 11, 5:02pm

Just to clarify
This has been a fun thread, I hope you international posters don't go away your perspectives are most interesting. I wouldn't worry about stumbling on some pot growing, gun toting locals ex...

In GEAR » Ultralight Rifle
October 11, 2:02pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.