BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 2001 - 2010 of 2075 | Page: 1 ...189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208

Forum » Thread

What are taxes for?
Here's my analogy. If my car breaks down I pay the auto shop to repair it because they won't do the job out of the goodness of their hearts. I don't do that for a policemen who respon...

In Winter Hiking » N.H. Bills Lost Hikers $25K
October 31, 10:13pm

Weird
I thought we pay taxes to fund things like police and fire departments for public safety. Why should you have to pay extra just because these agencies did the job your taxes are supposed to suppor...

In Winter Hiking » N.H. Bills Lost Hikers $25K
October 31, 9:31pm

Ankle rolling
I've worn both Keens and Tevas and love them for canoeing or bumming around but I have a problem with them for hiking. It seems I am always turning my ankle in them in place were I do fine in ...

In GEAR » Are hiking boots really needed?
October 30, 2:08pm

Wolves
Dean you might also check out wolf attacks in Russia. Apparently during the Soviet days there were a couple major wolf problems that the authorities covered up. There are several non-fatal attack...

In On the Web » Coyotes Kill Hiker in Canada
October 29, 9:35pm

chihuahuas
I can just imagine the discovery channel documentary of a pack of little chihuahua wolves slowly taking down a goose.

October 29, 12:20pm

Wolves
Dave I actually agree with you for the most part. I was getting the impression that some people were thinking that wolve DNA is what makes coyotes agressive to humans. I totally agree that a big...

October 29, 11:28am

Coyotes and Wolves
Since their have been plenty of coyote attacks I doubt that inbreeding with wolves has anything to do with it. Wolf attacks seem much less common. One factor may be that until recently wolves wer...

October 29, 9:35am

Coyotes and Wolves
I read up on a few non fatal coyote attacks a while back. This is the first fatal one I heard of and the first one involving an adult, usually its small kids. Regarding wolves there have been on...

October 28, 9:30pm

Lost Trail
James I checked out your old trip report. Nice job on the pictures. We made almost the exact same mistake in Alaska. I'm told the trail does go all the way down to Refrigerator Gultch but th...

In Post-Trip Reports » Lost Creek Craziness
October 28, 10:53am

Trail
I thought the snow was awesome too. Just curious Dondo, have you ever explored the unmarked trail that goes south from Lost Park to the McCurdy Park Trail? We lost it toward the end and choice ba...

In Post-Trip Reports » Lost Creek Craziness
October 28, 6:54am

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.