Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Mat Tallman (wehtaM) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Mat Tallman has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mat Tallman

Showing 201 - 210 of 235 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

Re: Split a pair of GG LightTrek 4?
Wish I had the cash to burn right now...I was just considering contacting Grant to see if they'd sell as a single, but I don't have the coin really. I'm in the process of moving, read:...

In Gear Swap » Split a pair of GG LightTrek 4?
June 21, 2:38pm

WTB Cuben scraps
Is there anyone out there that would like to send some cuben scraps my way for a few MYOG projects I'm working on? It doesn't need to be any particular fabric weight, in fact the lighter...

In Gear Swap » WTB Cuben scraps
June 19, 8:14pm

WTB GG spinnshelter
Anybody got one they don't use and would like to send off to a nice new home? GG is out of stock, and I'm a sucker for second hand gear anyway... beuller?

In Gear Swap » WTB GG spinnshelter
June 19, 8:02pm

Re: David, I completely agree
I agree with Dirk and David, for environments that tend to be less humid and experience less rain, like the Sierra, silnylon shelters would seem to be much more suitable. I tend to take most of my...

In GEAR » Silnylon sagging, tents falling down...
June 19, 10:46am

size
5xanything is going to be pushing it for two people...

In Make Your Own Gear » Tarp size question
June 18, 10:14pm

TT sag
It seems both the moment and rainbow would, because of the extra poles, would resist sagging better than trekking pole supported models like the contrail, rainshadow, etc.

June 18, 9:40pm

Re: another observation.
@Javan I wish I could blame it on a slipping trekking pole, but mine are homemade jobbers that are constant length. Sil isn't for me, but thankfully plenty of other people love it, so I s...

June 18, 5:14pm

retension once, and done
I surely cannot be the only one who has retensioned guylines during rain/cold only to have the tent sag further after that. My last time out, I hiked all day, and pitched my contrail right at da...

June 17, 9:55pm

Re: Re: Want to get into tarping, need advice. Stretching/sagging issues.
Lance, That's the only thing that's worked for me thus far, but the pitch of the contrail can be pretty finicky sometimes, and sometimes that doesn't do enough through the course of ...

In GEAR » Want to get into tarping, need advice
June 16, 5:24pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Want to get into tarping, need advice
@Bradford I've also noticed fewer bugs up high, and I don't think I've ever really experienced much as far as mosquitoes go, just the black flies/gnats. I agree on the flexibility...

In GEAR » Want to get into tarping, need advice
June 16, 3:39pm

All Reader Reviews by Mat Tallman

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

e-OMC (Oregon Mountain Community) Customer Service
Bought a pair of shoes from them (Montrail Mountain Masochists) and got them quickly, as advertised, for a good price. Ordered an Integral Designs Siltarp which leaked terribly out of the box (not ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 26, 1:32pm