Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Charles Jennings (vigilguy) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern Utah
About Me Former Mechanical Engineer in the Aerospace Industry. Changed careers to sales and business development.

I own 8 packgoats and really enjoy their companionship and service while on the trail.
CityWillard
StateUtah
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttps://www.bearriveroutfitters.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Charles Jennings

Showing 201 - 210 of 218 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Forum » Thread

Nallo
With the new version of Nallo tents, there is a rear guy line that attaches to the outer tent just above the rear zipper. This helps in pulling the outer tent away from the inner at the foot of th...

In GEAR » Hilleberg Nallo 2
October 07, 8:16pm

Nallo 2 space
Is there a slight amount of contact with the inner tent? Yes. I have a hard time understanding why an eVent rain jacket won't protect the foot of the bag from moisture absorption when a bivy w...

October 06, 7:25pm

Nallo 2 Inner tent space with Exped DAM 9 DLX and Valandre' Mirage Long

October 06, 7:17pm

Nallo 2
Tell ya what. I'll set it up tomorrow and send you photos, of me inside, laying flat, in and out of a bag. I really don't think it's an issue. I know your feet won't touch.

October 05, 8:16pm

Nallo 2
I have just covered the foot end of my bag with my rain jacket. I have been using the Exped DAM so it does raise my bag up a bit. At least I do not feel cramped for length in the Nallo as far a...

October 05, 7:02pm

BSA
Being a long time Scouter myself, I would hold a mandatory meeting for the newbies- and if they don't show up, they don't go on the trek, it's that simple. That may sound harsh, but hi...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » How do you lighten up Adults
October 01, 6:48pm

Valandre' Retail Pricing reduced
FYI, Valandre' has recently adjusted their prices (down) on their most popular bags in order to be in line with the top competitors. The retailers chose to cut their margins so that Valandre&#...

In Editor's Roundtable » Better Bags (Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2008)
September 15, 10:14pm

Valandre' Split S Jacket Specs
Yes, I believe that the specs have remained the same, as far as weight and temp rating are concerned. FWIW, gear testers were testing it in CO at temps around 10 degrees. Granted CO is a dry cl...

September 04, 8:54am

New Valandre' Products for '09
Interesting that you should mention the Split-S. I think they FINALLY got it tweaked to the point where it should be in production by November, let's cross our fingers. Rumor has it that when...

September 04, 7:14am

Affiliation
Hi Roger- Sorry for failure to disclose my affiliation with Valandre'. I will certainly do so in the future, if that is what BPL requires. I did not initially because I don't want reade...

September 03, 5:36pm

All Reader Reviews by Charles Jennings

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Caldera F-Keg Titanium Cone
I had the opportunity to go goatpacking with Josh Leavitt of Ti Goat, who hooked me up with a Ti version of the cone that fits with the Fosters can. As I recall, I had complained about how fragile th...

In Stoves - Alcohol
December 22, 4:34pm

Valandre Bloody Mary
I have had the chance to test the Bloody Mary over the last few weeks, so this would be an INITIAL REVIEW, with more to follow. The Bloody Mary, rather than a specialized bag which some of Valandre...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
February 21, 3:26pm

Gossamer Gear
nm

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 21, 3:06pm