BPL Community Profile

Charles Jennings (vigilguy) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Northern Utah
About Me Former Mechanical Engineer in the Aerospace Industry. Changed careers to sales and business development.

I own 6 packgoats and really enjoy their companionship and service while on the trail.
CityDeweyville
StateUtah
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Charles Jennings

Showing 201 - 210 of 213 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Forum » Thread

BSA
Being a long time Scouter myself, I would hold a mandatory meeting for the newbies- and if they don't show up, they don't go on the trek, it's that simple. That may sound harsh, but hi...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » How do you lighten up Adults
October 01, 6:48pm

Valandre' Retail Pricing reduced
FYI, Valandre' has recently adjusted their prices (down) on their most popular bags in order to be in line with the top competitors. The retailers chose to cut their margins so that Valandre&#...

In Editor's Roundtable » Better Bags (Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2008)
September 15, 10:14pm

Valandre' Split S Jacket Specs
Yes, I believe that the specs have remained the same, as far as weight and temp rating are concerned. FWIW, gear testers were testing it in CO at temps around 10 degrees. Granted CO is a dry cl...

September 04, 8:54am

New Valandre' Products for '09
Interesting that you should mention the Split-S. I think they FINALLY got it tweaked to the point where it should be in production by November, let's cross our fingers. Rumor has it that when...

September 04, 7:14am

Affiliation
Hi Roger- Sorry for failure to disclose my affiliation with Valandre'. I will certainly do so in the future, if that is what BPL requires. I did not initially because I don't want reade...

September 03, 5:36pm

Valandre'
Mike, I am confident that you have a somewhat daunting task to make reviews at the OR Show. I for one have appreciated and learned from your contributions here on the BPL site in the past. I am...

September 03, 11:47am

Specs for the Bloody Mary
I appreciate your genuine and sincere response, Mr. Martin, but I fail to see how the Bloody Mary is not in line with the tested bags. The weight for the Bloody Mary is 35.8 oz for a 5 degree bag,...

September 03, 10:49am

Where's Valandre'?
I am really surprised that you did not include the new Bloody Mary by Valandre' in your review of "better bags". Why not??? They have developed an innovative set of interchangeable ...

September 03, 6:31am

Montbell bag has been sold!
nm

In Gear Swap » F/S: Montbell 800 Fill S.S. Down hugger #3
June 24, 9:45pm

F/S: Montbell 800 Fill S.S. Down hugger #3
I have a Montbell Super Stretch #3 Down Hugger, 800 fill, Size Long, for sale. I have used it only two nights with a liner and it is in new condition. Storage and stuff sacks included. Stored f...

In Gear Swap » F/S: Montbell 800 Fill S.S. Down hugger #3
June 22, 10:00pm

All Reader Reviews by Charles Jennings

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Caldera F-Keg Titanium Cone
I had the opportunity to go goatpacking with Josh Leavitt of Ti Goat, who hooked me up with a Ti version of the cone that fits with the Fosters can. As I recall, I had complained about how fragile th...

In Stoves - Alcohol
December 22, 4:34pm

Valandre Bloody Mary
I have had the chance to test the Bloody Mary over the last few weeks, so this would be an INITIAL REVIEW, with more to follow. The Bloody Mary, rather than a specialized bag which some of Valandre...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
February 21, 3:26pm

Gossamer Gear
nm

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 21, 3:06pm