BPL Community Profile

Mark Cashmere (tinkrtoy) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale NEOH
About Me I started backpacking in the Northeast in high school with 3 buddies where we had quick access to the AT (Hertlein campsite). Continued through college and dropped off during the family-building years. Got back into camping with my sons and Cub Scouts which just fueled the need for more backpacking. Getting out on weekend+ trips for the past few years and loving it all over again.
CityCleveland
StateOH
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mark Cashmere

Showing 201 - 210 of 225 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

Likey the new Style CS
Just got one of these the other day and it has been a nice change from the Victorinox Manager SAK I usually carry. The scissors are really nice and good leverage from the handle config. I little ...

In Gear Deals » Leatherman Store deals & shipping
June 02, 3:16pm

Disposable Flasks
Has anyone tried these -- http://www.disposableflasks.com/ They seem to sell on Ebay quite cheap. Only hold about 5 shots each, but that might be easier to stash in the backpack? Might be a...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Whiskey in a Platypus
May 21, 7:39pm

Nice
This seems like a novel idea. So, you soak the rice paper to make it pliable and then wrap the bars and let dry? Then, plan on just eating the whole wrapped bar as is? Just clarifying. Sounds g...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » The incredible edible wrapper
May 21, 7:33pm

$$ sent
Payment sent.

In Gear Swap » Mountain Hardware Meridian 2
May 17, 4:30pm

PM Sent
I'll take it. PM sent.

In Gear Swap » Mountain Hardware Meridian 2
May 17, 6:44am

Pay it forward
+1 Ed's remarks -- Whiteblaze.net has a Pay It Forward box thread going in its For Sale forum. Who knows, you might just find something that you can use as well as contributing to the joy of o...

In Gear Swap » Where to sell your old non-UL gear?
May 05, 4:28pm

Not UL for sure
Yeah, I wasn't out with any UL'ers. The one guy had about 50 lbs on his back. HYOH. I have been paring down my kit and was just out to relax, test some new setups and hike a little. Nee...

In Multiple Use Gear » Ti Spork / Knife
April 26, 8:01am

FAIL
Had a big fail with my first outdoor use of the LMF Spork last weekend as I was eating some cooked ramen in 60 degree weather - snapped right in half. Luckily, my buddy had a spare one that he was...

In Multiple Use Gear » Ti Spork / Knife
April 26, 4:13am

Hope you find yours
Good luck. I grabbed one when the Bentgate sale started and that is the best deal I was able to find after watching for some time. After receiving the bag I can see why these are so coveted and I...

In Gear Swap » WTB-WM Megalite regular length
April 22, 4:41am

Litespeed
PM sent

In Gear Swap » Spring Cleaning
April 21, 11:07am

All Reader Reviews by Mark Cashmere

Mark Cashmere has posted no reviews.