BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 201 - 210 of 1060 | Page: 1 ...12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ...106

Forum » Thread

You know you're an ultralighter when...
You will willingly wash your mouth out with horrible tasting soap to save 10 grams. Yet you cursed your parents for doing this to you when you were a kid.

In GEAR » You know you're an ultralighter when...
February 02, 12:59am

What do you carry for First Aid?
>> Some people don't even put bandaids in their kit, because they know that a wound small enough to be covered by a bandaid probably isn't large enough to kill you. Of course, if the ...

In GEAR » What do you carry for First Aid?
January 31, 5:23pm

What traits do BPL members consider important in an online gear shop?
I'm with Craig W., for me it's about the total cost of the product (cost + shipping). I'm ordering from Canada so shipping costs are an important factor. I have purchased from ProLi...

In GEAR » From the owner of ProLiteGear.com - What traits do BPL members consider important in an online gear shop???
January 30, 4:16pm

Lightweight and easy to setup shelter
I've only set up my Notch once and it's the easiest shelter that I've ever set up. First try worked perfectly (not sure how you could go wrong with only four pegs). It was really wi...

In GEAR » YAST - Lightweight and easy to setup shelter wanted
January 30, 3:45pm

Boys in the Wild...
Being the father of two boys, I have thought about this quite a bit. From what I've observed it's really a bit of "nuture" and "nature". I grew up in a family that did...

In Editor's Roundtable » Boys in the Wild (Short Film)
January 30, 3:31pm

New Granite Gear packs coming in March
Thanks for posting the link! Last year I wanted to buy the Crown VC60 but just didn't fit that pack. It only came in two torso lengths which neither one worked for me. The video says that ...

In GEAR » New Granite Gear packs coming in March
January 28, 3:22pm

USB Charger...
I have a Solar Focus charger that works well when paired with Lithium AA batteries. It comes with rechargeable batteries but I prefer to use lithium non-rechargeables. Nice to be able to replace...

In GEAR » Portable USB Battery charger recommendations
January 26, 3:22pm

Big Agnes Slater series...
I like the look of the full solid inner. My biggest complaint about my Fly Creek is that the high mesh sides weren't extended to the door (the door is all mesh on the FC) which left it a bit d...

In GEAR » Big Agnes Slater Ul 2+
January 25, 11:42am

Patagonia...
I have been eying this one for a while but have yet to buy one. Side vents and DWR and pretty light. http://www.patagonia.com/ca/product/vented-longbill-cap-50-upf?p=29285-0-243

In GEAR » does anyone make such a hat?
January 24, 12:15am

Tarptent Notch...
>> Do you find the interior confining at all? << This is very much a personal thing... I don't mind small shelters. The Notch actually feels fairly roomy to me but somebody else...

In GEAR » Tarptent Notch + Large Neoair Xlite or Xtherm
January 21, 9:34am

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm