BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 201 - 210 of 1110 | Page: 1 ...12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ...111

Forum » Thread

Another review...
Nice to hear some positive feedback. To-date, the only other user review of the inReach SE is here: (half way down the page) Not such a glowing report. I look forward to seeing your review!

In GEAR » DeLorme inReach SE announced, ships mid to late April
June 14, 2:24pm

inReach SE...
IF you are carrying a smart phone anyway, you could get the original Inreach for cheaper and it works very well and you don't have to wait to buy one. Waiting for the new device to be released...

June 10, 6:11pm

Possible purchase - Garmin Oregon
Don't overlook the Garmin BirdsEye Satellite Imagery. It's an "all you can eat" one year subscription that allows you to download as much data as you like and you can keep it aft...

In GEAR » Possible purchase - Garmin Oregon
June 06, 11:56pm

So what is the deal with rain pants?
I suspect there is a real difference in people's definition of REALLY wet weather. I consider rain pants mandatory gear for me as it might rain non-stop for the entire trip. In non-stop (h...

In GEAR » So what is the deal with rain pants?
June 06, 12:28am

REI limiting returns to one year
They will never win... the abusers will be quite happy to swap out their gear every 11 months.

In GEAR » REI limiting returns to one year
June 04, 12:59am

What's your light or UL internal FRAMED pack?
I have the Osprey Exos 46 in a size Large. Osprey lists the volume at 49 liters for the size large but I think that's a bit optimistic. Osprey lists the weight at 2 lbs 7 oz and mine weighs i...

In GEAR » What's your light or UL internal FRAMED pack?
June 01, 5:25pm

How many packs and shelters is too many?
>> If you have more than 1 pack for every 15 days of hiking annually (day hikes included), you have too many. << Wow, Dave C, that's an incredibly precise and absurd formula! ...

In GEAR » How many packs and shelters is too many?
May 29, 9:06am

DeLorme inReach SE firmware update...
Sort of telling isn't it... the product hasn't even been widely released and they are doing firmware upgrades. I suspect it's been rushed out the door before testing has been completed...

May 28, 12:09am

ultra light rain pants for ultra running/fastpacking
Montbell Versalite Pants 3.6 oz. My son just bought a set (jacket and pants) and I was so impressed with the weight and how they compact, that I have ordered a set for myself (set is under 11 oz...

In GEAR » ultra light rain pants for ultra running/fastpacking
May 23, 3:37pm

Collapsing a Tarptent – is this recommended?
>> I just roll up the sleeping gear in our lunar duo and pile some rocks on top. << I actually thought about that as an option but there is always a chance that somebody might think ...

In GEAR » Collapsing a Tarptent – is this recommended?
May 22, 5:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm