BPL Community Profile

Sam Haraldson (sharalds) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Gallatin Range
About Me I am Sam. I enjoy ultralight backpacking, bicycling, splitboarding, and living simply.
CityBozeman
StateMT
CountryU.S.
My Website URLhttp://samh.net/backpacking/blog
My PDF Gear List2014 Summer List - Rocky Mountains

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sam Haraldson

Showing 201 - 210 of 1897 | Page: 1 ...12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ...190

Forum » Thread

FS: Golite Shangri-La 1
Price lowered

In Gear Swap » FS: Golite Shangri-La 1
February 03, 8:29pm

FS: apparel, shelters, stoves, pots, backpacks, stuff sacks, accessories
Prices updated.

In Gear Swap » FS: apparel, shelters, stoves, pots, backpacks, stuff sacks, accessories
February 03, 8:26pm

Deep Freeze: A Cold, Hard Look at Winter Stoves
Love all the car references in there, Brad. The comparison to an AMC Eagle had me giggling. Once again, a well-written article on a topic worthy of this kind of inspection. I have gone away from...

In Editor's Roundtable » Deep Freeze: A Cold, Hard Look at Winter Stoves
February 01, 10:44pm

Storm Resistance of Ultralight Shelters: Part 1, Introduction
I predict the "winner" to be the Black Diamond Mega Light.

In Editor's Roundtable » Storm Resistance of Ultralight Shelters: Part 1, Introduction
February 01, 10:07pm

How to Build an Igloo
The "sleeping spokes" technique is awesome!

In Winter Hiking » How to Build an Igloo
January 30, 5:11pm

List updated. Prices reduced.

In Gear Swap » FS: apparel, shelters, stoves, pots, backpacks, stuff sacks, accessories
January 30, 1:54pm

The first batch of items shipped out this afternoon. Thanks to everyone who has looked, questioned, or bought.

January 30, 1:51pm

Re: Re: How to Build an Igloo
We built this early in the season so had to first shovel snow into the quarry area. So what you're seeing is snow that's been piled up, packed down, then cut into blocks.

In Winter Hiking » How to Build an Igloo
January 30, 1:47pm

FS: Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody - New in Package
* sale pending *

In Gear Swap » FS: Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody - New in Package
January 30, 8:59am

FS: Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody - New in Package
I'm still wearing my original one and although it's showing quite a bit of wear I've decided to sell my spare.

In Gear Swap » FS: Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody - New in Package
January 30, 8:54am

All Reader Reviews by Sam Haraldson

Showing 1 - 10 of 18 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

StickPic camera mount
The StickPic is a simple trekking pole compatible camera mount. It is manufactured to fit your trekking pole specifically and slips over the tip of your pole. You can then attach your camera to the ...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
June 15, 3:24pm

Inov-8 Debrisgaiter
When traveling off-trail in the pursuit of a summit or maneuvering from a trail in one drainage to another I often encounter steep slopes covered loose scree. When taking in step in this scree my foo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
August 21, 9:52am

Mark Twight/The Mountaineers Extreme Alpinism
Although written primarily for individuals wishing to move light and fast in alpine summit pursuits, Mark Twight's book Extreme Alpinism published by The Mountaineers contains methodology e...

In Books and Media
January 14, 5:25pm

Bushbuddy "Ultra" (BPL/Ryan Jordan/Arctic 1000 Version) Wood Stove
At a little less than five and a quarter ounces the Bushbuddy Ultra Wood Stove will probably receive my best buy of 2007 award. I own an MSR Whisperlite, a Snowpeak Gigapower and two different be...

In Stoves - Other
September 13, 5:36pm

Arc'Teryx Ether Series Shirts
What are the factors that lead to high rating for a base layer clothing item? In my opinion the item must stand up to a number of factors. These include, in no particular order, comfort, durability,...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
September 13, 4:48pm

WalMart
I quit shopping at Walm$rt a few years ago. If you can't find it someplace else then you don't need it. It is an un-arguable fact that this giant company is reaching into the pockets of mill...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 12, 12:15pm

Mountain Laurel Designs
When you order from Ron Bell, don't expect to find your order at your doorstep the next week the way you would expect a purchase from a giant retailer. And when you order from a giant retailer, d...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 12, 12:00pm

Mountain Laurel Designs eVent Rain Mitts
Saturday morning it started raining at 9:30 a.m. just as we were headed away from the previous nights campsite onto the trail. I had the mitts on along with my Marmot Precip and my trusty rain hat. ...

In Clothing - Raingear
April 23, 3:26pm

Marmot Ion
I've been wearing my 2006 Ion lately while biking. It's winter here so I've been wearing it layered over my U.L. Thermawrap and after a steady, sweaty climb uphill there is significant sh...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
March 08, 9:32am

Montbell Thermawrap pants
The Montbell U.L. Thermawrap pants are the perfect blend of function and minimalism. Full size zips make venting and putting on and taking off easy. Both a snap as well as a cinch around the waist k...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
February 21, 6:52pm