Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ryan Faulkner (ryanf) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mid atlantic, No. Cal
About Me My name is Ryan Faulkner, i am 17 years old, and have been UL backpacking for about 7 years. I have been inspired by hikers like Andrew Skurka, and Ryan Jordan, and have dedicated my trips to going light and fast.
I plan on hiking the PCT and AT before finishing college, and after I hope to get some sort of a career in the backpacking industry.(I havent quite figured out how exactly, but i will :)
I have some big plans for the future, but ill keep those quiet for now ;-P
StateVirginia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.ryanfaulknerphotography.com
My PDF Gear ListWinds-Yellowstone Trek 2008

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 201 - 210 of 916 | Page: 1 ...12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ...92

Forum » Thread

Re: Tahoe-Yosemite canisters
Thanks rick and KD, I was suprised to see the URSAK aproved, I am glad to hear that canisters are not required out of yosemite, because I wasent sure I could fit 9 days of food in 700cu. in. cani...

In Gear Lists » Tahoe-Yosemite trail gearlist
June 04, 12:02pm

Re: Re: Tahoe-Yosemite trail gearlist
Jeff, I am an Appalachain hiker, If you have ever hiked out east, you know that, it is very rocky, and even though it is not as high, here you can still have elevation gain/loss of 2,000-3,000 f...

June 04, 11:17am

Re: R.F.'s list
Thanks Kevin, I guess reading about yosemite bears, And of grizzlies out west made me misunderstand about the bear situation in the sierras. The dangerous bears must only roam up north. I guess ...

June 03, 7:30pm

Tahoe-Yosemite trail gearlist
I may have the opertunity to hike the tahoe-yosemite trail this summer in early august, I am not positive if I will have the time, but it looks good so far, anyway, It is a very little known trail,...

June 03, 6:32pm

Re: Re: 11oz quilt??
Great, This is what I have been waiting for. I have a few questions what are the aprox. temp ratings of both the 11, and 20oz quilts? what is the expected pricing? Do you have a recomended ...

In GEAR » New BPL Products - Cocoon Fall 2007
June 02, 6:38pm

Re: Event
I think at one time ID made a fire retardant eVENT tent, but There was some serious breathability issues. The "fire proof" coating must make it harder to pass moisture through the fabric, making it...

In GEAR » Worth Petitioning GE for eVENT tents?
May 30, 7:13pm

Re: GG Polycryo backpack? tarp? why not?
interesting idea, I would not recomend trying to sew it. But there have been quite a few posts on this site talking about taping cuben fiber with some GM tape. I Dont see why it would not work for ...

In Make Your Own Gear » GG Polycryo backpack? tarp? why not?
May 20, 8:26am

Re: Care & Feeding of a ULA Helix Ice Axe
First of all, I hope you understand that it is not a technical ice axe, also I would not rely on its ability to arrest you in a fall, It is more of a backup, or if you dont expect to fall, or if th...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Care & Feeding of a ULA Helix Ice Axe
May 17, 7:20am

Re: thanks, and what about size?
when holding the pole with the tip on the ground, your elbow should be at a 90 degree angle. fixed length poles have the disadvantage of not being able to shorten for steep ascents, or lengthen for...

In Make Your Own Gear » Homemade Trekking pole
May 15, 5:46pm

Re: Re: Knobstone Thru hike
Have you ever tried the wrightsock double layer coolmesh sock? it is my favorite sock, because I tried the liner thing, but it was very uncomfortable, But this sock has two very thin, very breat...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cutting Tounges From Shoes
May 15, 3:40pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
I am so glad I found this website, before this site I was carrying a 30-40lb pack, after reading the articles I got my list under 10, and after joining the forums, well carrying less than 4 pounds is ...

In Books and Media
December 31, 10:20pm

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
Good thought. I bring this stove whenever I need to simmer, one disadvantage of alcohol stoves. I like it much, much, much better than the MSR pocket rocket, the 4 titanium stands are much more ...

In Stoves - Canister
December 30, 1:25pm

ThermoJet MicroLite
I did not buy this stove, in fact, I have never bought a alcohol stove, but have many of the MBD stoves and tonight added this wonder to my collection. I actually

In Stoves - Alcohol
December 09, 9:56pm

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
I did not purchase a pocket puck from mini bull design, but from looking at pictures and from expeience from making other stoves I made my own flattened side burner stove. I like the overall design, w...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 06, 1:16pm