Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Joe Westing (pedro87) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Joe Westing hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Joe Westing has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Joe Westing

Showing 201 - 208 of 208 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Calling all contacts users!
To all contacts users, what do you use to sterilize your hands before putting on or taking off your contacts? I just very recently got my glasses replaced with contacts, so any tips for using cont...

In Philosophy & Technique » Calling all contacts users!
June 15, 3:53pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Boots or Shoes for Philmont
the Philmont article on BPL gives the best account of what the crew gear is like. In my experience, it is all very heavy and very durable, but many of the items they supply are not necessary IMO...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » boots or shoes for philmont?
June 15, 3:27pm

Re: Re: test
philmont article

In User Test Forum » test
June 15, 3:26pm

Re: test
Last Page.">Philmont article.

June 15, 3:23pm

test
sss sssss Philmont:"http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/boy_scout_gear_list_philmont.html"

June 15, 3:22pm

Mine is a picture from Observation Point looking down into Zion Canyon. The circle embedded into the rock is the USGS marker. EDIT - new pic, see later post

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Your Avatar
June 14, 1:47pm

Re: Re: Boots or Shoes for Philmont
my base weight without food, water , tent and crew gear was about 13 lbs. my normal base weight with shelter and heavy Philmont crew gear was about 18 lb.

June 14, 1:41pm

Re: boots or shoes for philmont?
I went to Philmont last year as a Scout, and if I were to do it again I would definitely wear trail shoes/runners instead of the mid-weight boots that I used. The trails seemed relatively smooth t...

June 13, 6:12pm

All Reader Reviews by Joe Westing

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BackpackingLight.com
After having a problem with my BPL print subscription (totally my bad), Karen quickly (within a day) and kindly fixed everything. Couldn't ask for anything more.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 11, 5:09pm

Gossamer Gear Nightlight Torso
This is a great pad. It is fairly comfortable, although it gets less comfortable with use. I would give it five stars if it maintained its initially level of comfort. Still, it doesn't wear dow...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
July 19, 12:18pm

Leki Ultralight Ti
Had these poles for a few years and they've performed very well. Only had one time when the poles slipped and that was quickly fixed by cleaning the poles. These titanium poles are fairly light ...

In Trekking Poles
June 29, 11:01am