BPL Community Profile

Michael B (mbenvenuto) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Vermont
About Me Michael B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael B

Showing 201 - 207 of 207 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

one handed trekker
I decided last year to finally replace my 20 year old classic SAK and spent a lot of time thinking about this question. I wanted a locking blade, since unlocked blades can be dangerous. I ended u...

In GEAR » UL Trail knife
March 25, 7:56pm

Rain Jacket/Parka
I think it at least in part depends on what you mean by weekend trips in New England. Are you planning on going above treeline in the Whites? I don't think you would want to depend on a ponch...

In GEAR » rain jacket/parka
March 21, 2:55pm

Bacpacker Magazine award to Big Sky
I have subscribed to backpacker on and off for the twenty years I have been hiking. I agree that it has probaby gone down hill, but it wasn't that great a magazine 15 years ago either. Actual...

In GEAR » Bacpacker Magazine award to Big Sky
March 10, 12:26pm

hydroskin
I think it really depends on the temp of the water and how much wading you will do and how deep that will be. I have used NRS hydroskin socks for wading and paddling and portaging on canoe trips a...

In GEAR » best neoprene sock for trekking wet?
January 30, 8:43pm

primaloft liner mitts
I don't have them, but I like the look (and price) of these at MEC. If you are not a member of MEC, it is probably worth joining, since they have good products and good prices. http://tinyu...

In GEAR » Big Puffy Mitts
December 07, 8:34pm

Re: Re: Re: LAND-Shark Emergency Survival Bag - Experience? or Reviews?
Doug Ritter seems to like it, which I would take to mean it is effective as an emergency/survival shelter: "In my opinion, the toughest and therefore most reliable, as well as most versitile of...

In GEAR » LAND-Shark Emergency Survival Bag - Experience? or Reviews?
November 13, 6:50pm

softshell hats
I am not sure what you mean by wb400 without the waterproof membrane, so I can't comment on that. I have a jacket out of wb400 by beyondfleece, I think it has the membrane, but it is nicely breath...

In GEAR » Schoeller Dryskin Extreme versus Schoeller WB400 Without Membrane for softshell hat
February 05, 8:07am

All Reader Reviews by Michael B

Michael B has posted no reviews.