BPL Community Profile

kevin timm (ktimm) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado (SeekOutside)
About Me kevin timm has not added a biography yet.
CityRidgway
StateColorado
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://seekoutside.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by kevin timm

Showing 201 - 210 of 250 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

But
It's also a matter of what price point people want to pay. If 90 % of people are buying the gear that is 40% off because it's manufactured overseas and the manufacturer can offer that disco...

In GEAR » Integral Designs Gear now made in...China
May 25, 11:57am

I've camped both ways
We have a tarp http://seekoutside.com/lightweight-silnylon-breakaway-tarp/ that I've used both ways (end sealed and not sealed). I think it's a matter of functionality and weather really. ...

In GEAR » Tarp: Finger on the trigger
May 25, 11:48am

Should be plenty strong
Hi Alex I hope you like the pole. It should be plenty strong for four season stuff on a tent that size. We have had the same pole in our 2 person (80 sq ft 6 ft tall) tent with 14" of ligh...

In GEAR » Duomid Pole
May 22, 5:19pm

SeekOutside tetns
We do double wall optional lightweight tents that will easily sleep 3 or 4. Very versatile Seekoutside.com

In GEAR » Double Wall, 3-4 man tent
May 22, 5:13pm

Weminuche
You can get socked in in the Weminuche. It usually starts about 3rd week of July, given as wet as the spring has been I'm going to guess it will be a light or late monsoon. Given a July 1 start...

In Gear Lists » Colorado Trail raingear
May 20, 2:07pm

Tensioners
I use shock cord tensioners all the time with really good success. Seam orientation doesn't matter so much if you are willing to pitch the tarp a couple inches off the ground (as most do).The t...

In Make Your Own Gear » Tarp taughtness
May 20, 12:00pm

There is more to it than that
"Physics sucks, doesn't it." I meant there is a lot more to it than a low profile. I routinely see large round floorless tents handle winds in the 40 - 50 MPH range. There is p...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Tent fail this weekend
May 19, 8:16pm

Low Profile or flat edges
I would dispute the low profile comment. I've had a small dome tent blow away while an 8 ft tall tipi withstood the wind fine. Flat sides and edges are a problem. Also with floored shelters...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Tent fail this weekend
May 19, 2:22pm

Ti Foil
I find punching holes works best with a good punch. A paper punch isn't really sufficient and might leave wierd bends. Drilling, won't make clean holes with stuff that thin. You can get a...

In Make Your Own Gear » Ti Foil screen for small pot
May 19, 8:55am

You might like
I'm not trying to post commercially, but our two person might be a good fit. http://seekoutside.com/2-person-tipi-tour/ It's been used by customers in 60MPH winds. The tent has numer...

In GEAR » Which shelter?
May 18, 4:18pm

All Reader Reviews by kevin timm

kevin timm has posted no reviews.