Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Kevin Egelhoff (kegelhoff) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Southern Cal
About Me Hiking for about 10 years now. First started carring a 80+ pound pack and now I'm down to about 18 lbs. for a five day trip!
CityEncinitas
StateCA
My PDF Gear ListFood list for 9 day hike- revised AGAIN

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Egelhoff

Showing 201 - 210 of 210 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: MLD Devotion
Ronald, Can you give me your stats (height, weight)and tell us what size bag you got. I hope Ron's new bags are quite so snug. Seems like a tough choice between this and the GG bag but I gues...

In GEAR » MLD Devotion
May 04, 4:38pm

GG Ultralite Cuben Fiber shelter
Also snapped this picture of Glen's GG Cuben Fiber Shelter. This thing was pretty cool and looked well thought out.

In GEAR » Saw some cool new gear at the "Kickoff"
May 04, 2:54pm

Saw some cool new gear at the "Kickoff"
I was at the PCT “Kickoff” this past weekend and had a chance to check out some really great items from several companies. ULA was on hand showing off their packs, shelters, and gravity feed...

In GEAR » Saw some cool new gear at the "Kickoff"
May 04, 2:52pm

Re: MLD Devotion
Steven, I asked Ron the SAME question a few months ago and his reply was that he is working on a few new summer bags and hopes to have something on his web site soon. I'm hoping he posts some...

In GEAR » MLD Devotion
May 04, 9:56am

Re: A fine Cuben/Momentum Bivy
Thanks Kevin. I'm a really light sleeper and can't sleep with anything touching my face, hence the balloon to keep the top and netting off my head and face. You are correct about all th...

In Make Your Own Gear » First Project - Cuben/Momentum Bivy
May 03, 9:39pm

Re: Cuben/Momentum Bivy
Bill, yes the Momentum 90 was from Thru-hiker. It seems like really nice material and for a first time project I actually thought it was easy to sew. I ended up using the 1/2 inch wide 3M tape th...

May 03, 8:01pm

First Project - Cuben/Momentum Bivy
After seeing all the great things everyone else has been making, I decided to jump into the fray and try my hand at making something I needed. Decided to make the bivy after seeing Bill's supe...

May 03, 6:47pm

Ron, THANKS, any thing you can add to this on Cuben for a tarp ?
Ron, Thanks sooo much. Any more thoughts on the difference in using Cuben ?? I think I need to use tape in some locations where the Cuben is in sheer but also need to sew in some places where it ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Finer points of tarp making ?
April 25, 6:01pm

Hope to see the first samples next weekend at the kickoff !!!
I was told that there will be the full range of GG packs including the new Miniposa next weekend at the kickoff and I will report on it Monday !!

In GEAR » Gossamer Gear Miniposa released
April 20, 11:32am

Re: Cuben/Hiker Pro Water Filter-now 3.6oz
Bill, You had me on a roll .... as I'm sitting at my desk with my filtered modified down to 3.0 oz and blue plastic all over my desk ....... Could you please explain or continue with the gre...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben/Amigo H2O Water Filter Bag/Replacement
March 29, 10:55am

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Egelhoff

Showing 1 - 10 of 12 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear SpinnTwinn Tarp
We just returned from a long week in the Sierra's with a group of 6 this year. We needed one additional 2 man shelter for the 80 mile hike and at the last minute decided that he SpinnTwinn tarp w...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
September 17, 12:10pm

Gossamer Gear Lightrek 4 Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
And now they come in the oh-so-cool camo color. These are the GOLD standard in best locking, ulta light, super durable, best griped poles on the market that our group has ever used. The new carbon wr...

In Trekking Poles
May 12, 3:27pm

Western Mountaineering Ultralight Super
I own 4 high quality Down sleeping bags and this is my current go-to fav! I'm 6'1", 185 lbs., and there is plenty of room in this bag to layer up with some extra clothes IF NEEDED to get...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 22, 5:27pm

Big Agnes Clearview
I talked three people in our group of five into buying this pad for our 9 day, 80+ mile hike in the high Sierra's. Night time Temps ranged from a low of 28 deg to a high of 38 deg. All three of ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
October 07, 4:39pm

Inov8 RocLite 315
Just like the others reported .. these are GREAT shoes. Not a single blister after doing 80+ miles in bad weather. I think the key to these shoes is the breathability and flexablity that allows the...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
October 07, 4:31pm

Gossamer Gear Mariposa Plus 08
I have used several GG packs in the past and this new pack is the BEST I have ever used !!! I think I own close to 5 packs and this is my new favorite go-to pack of all time. Grant sent me the new a...

In Backpacks - Frameless
October 07, 4:23pm

Princeton Tec EOS
I have tried four different lights over the last four years and this light is by far my new favorite. I can't see any reason to change lights for a while now. Other reviews are spot on and I had...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
October 07, 4:07pm

SteriPen Adventurer
Hmmmm ... for once I'm not even close in agreement to anyone ??? Having purchased two brand new units after reading several positive comments, I can't wait to RETURN them both. First I want...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
October 07, 4:01pm

Gossamer Gear Miniposa
I have used the new GG Miniposa for the last 6 months now on several long distance hikes and this pack was everything I had hoped it would be. Super light, easy to use, very comfy, and lots of room f...

In Backpacks - Frameless
July 10, 2:31pm

Gossamer Gear Lightrek Plus Poles
Five of us just returned from a 6 day, 90 mile hike on the John Muir Trail this past week. All of us had been using typical so-called light weight adjustable alum. poles in the past but we all decide...

In Trekking Poles
August 29, 11:44am