Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Whynot (jdw01776) - BPL Guest

My Locale Southeast Texas
About Me Hiking and backpacking (on and off) since 1976, mainly in the northeastern United States.
CityHouston
StateTX
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Whynot

Showing 201 - 210 of 557 | Page: 1 ...12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ...56

Forum » Thread

Re: North Face Verto
I just purchased a Verto, as I wanted a hooded windshirt. Haven't worn it on the trail yet, but so far I like it. I like the fit -- much better than the Houdini I tried last year. The hood has ...

In GEAR » Golite Dakota Windshirt--Any Thoughts?
May 12, 9:11pm

Re: Leukotape P storage in kit
+1 on the method Sam describes. I use empty mailing label backing paper. It's light, clean, and not bulky...

In Philosophy & Technique » Leukotape P storage in kit
May 07, 4:00pm

Re: Re: Re: Pay to camp in Maine parks?
I've never been to Baxter, but the rules limit backcountry camping to lean-tos and tentsites. Looks like you can't set up a tent next to a lean-to either...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Pay to camp in Maine parks?
April 25, 8:10pm

Re: Pay to camp in Maine parks?
The rules and regulations for Baxter aren't applicable to the rest of Maine...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Pay to camp in Maine parks?
April 25, 7:35pm

Re: merino 1
+1 on Patagonia Merino 1, expensive, but worth it. I even wear mine as a casual shirt. Doesn't seem to be on the Patagonia website anymore...

In GEAR » I need a new baselayer
April 09, 4:06pm

Re: Backpacking the Whites - N.H. - advice?
The Appalachian Mountain Club runs a shuttle service between a number of popular trail heads. You could leave your car at Pinkham Notch Visitors Center, use the shuttle to get to a trailhead, and t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking the Whites - N.H. - advice?
April 05, 7:12pm

Re: Through hiking books
Do a Google search for "Then The Hail Came" -- it's an online book, that changes location. It's worth reading...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Through hiking books
March 06, 11:53am

Re: RO
>>this is obviously what's not happening >>"osmo" must just be a marketing term From twitter: RPI Osmopure (submitted an e-team grant) reverse osmosis water filtrat...

In GEAR » Interesting new water purification option coming to the market
February 27, 3:48pm

Re: Interesting new water purification option coming to the market
The name OsmoPure implies it uses an RO process, which is capable of removing all contaminants from water...

In GEAR » Interesting new water purification option coming to the market
February 27, 2:51pm

Re: Re: Local, calorically dense, meal replacement bars
They do look interesting and calorie dense, but I can't find any nutrition information on their website. Since switching to the Paleo Diet, I don't eat wheat, peanuts, oats, or soy -- Un...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Local, calorically dense, meal replacement bars
February 26, 12:53pm

All Reader Reviews by John Whynot

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

StickPic camera mount
A clever, well-engineered, and lightweight (0.35 ounces by my scale) gadget for mounting a camera on the tip of a trekking pole. Should work with any compact camera with a tripod socket. Works ver...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
June 16, 10:55am

BPL Thorofare Trekking Pants
I purchased these as a replacement for my overbuilt Montbell Stretch Windpants. The fabric of the Trekking pants is a microgrid ripstop nylon, with a slightly textured inner surface. Size medium...

In Clothing - Raingear
December 07, 8:31pm