BPL Community Profile

Jim Colten (jcolten) - BPL Guest

My Locale MN
About Me Jim Colten has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear Listtest

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim Colten

Showing 201 - 210 of 1808 | Page: 1 ...12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ...181

Forum » Thread

Re: ...sigh
let's see ... just last week I packed away three fleece balaclavas (and numerous other fleeces) that I'd treated with nikwax polar proof. Why am I feeling fleeced? We're trying to...

In Gear Deals » Grid Fleece Balaclava (Patagucci R1 Material) - $6.90
February 26, 5:47pm

Re: Northern Midwest Hiking-Centric GGG @ Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore
I hear you on the 34f slush trips Travis could demonstrate sleeping in his packraft?

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Northern Midwest Hiking-Centric GGG @ Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore
February 23, 2:16pm

take the forecast in Michigan with a pinch of salt I hear ya on that, last winter while picking up a backcountry permit at Porcupine Mtns SP we were advised that "we've been known to g...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Northern Midwest Hiking-Centric GGG @ Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore
February 23, 1:12pm

microspikes: Northern Midwest Hiking-Centric GGG @ Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore
Are these a good idea for this trip maybe I should pick some up depending on weather/ ice conditions??? That's hard to say. Current snow depths make it look like it'll be hard to thaw a...

February 23, 12:27pm

Re: Rubber band.....rubber band man.
I never pass up the chance to save a rubber band for reuse later! I wonder if that is a genetic trait or an acquired illness;-) Testing Protocol I hung 3 rubber bands from our outside clothesl...

In Make Your Own Gear » Rubber band.....rubber band man.
February 23, 8:15am

Re: Cuban Embargo
Actually, I'd prefer the information be collected and maintained by a non state actor, .... I just don't trust our increasingly intrusive governments with that kind of knowledge on a broad ...

In Chaff » BSA discrimination policy :(
February 22, 12:08am

Re: Fire in the rain.
Rain or no rain, This how you start a fire! Of course, LOX isn't UL.

In Editor's Roundtable » Winter Firebuilding Techniques (Video)
February 21, 12:43pm

Jim, trail travel will depend on snowpack. I don't own skis, so it will either be on foot or snowshoe. Sounds good. I also don't ski. That late in March could be in seasonal transiti...

February 21, 11:18am

Re: after the fact
it all seems a brilliant idea when you salivate over the spreadsheets ;) Indeed! (Too many;-) decades ago I knew a Soil Science PHD student who was doing research on the effects of different ...

In GEAR » Examples of "Stupid Light"
February 21, 11:11am

sounds interesting ... mode of travel? (when on trail) If it works out I'd be traveling there on Thursday (7 hr drive) so I'd be wide open on Mar 22 meetup time

February 21, 8:54am

All Reader Reviews by Jim Colten

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
My entry into the world of tarping was with Hernry's orginal squall. Later that year the Cloudburst was introduced. I contacted him about an idea of converting my squall to use an arched front p...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 30, 11:04am

Thru-Hiker.com
1) good products 2) friendly and useful help before ans after sale 3) great customer service I'd rate Thru-Hiker a 6 if that was an option

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:10am

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
Hector, I had similar experience .... but only the first time I lit it. Since then I've been giving the pocket puck about 15-30 seconds more warmup time and it has always stayed lit. There is a...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 16, 6:04am