Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 201 - 210 of 5638 | Page: 1 ...12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ...564

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Filtering chemically treated water
Look Here

In GEAR » Filtering chemically treated water
January 21, 10:25am

Re: unclear
The rodents will chew any plastic or silnylon pushed through the mesh. The ravens have torn the mesh open. A lot depends on where you camp. In prior threads, cookie tins are gaining as t...

In GEAR » Outsak: a happy customer.
January 20, 6:26pm

Re: Re: Doug & beer
"It releases most of the carbonation and will usually explode the bottle." ummmm.... I don't think so. The bottle might explode because the liquid runs out of expansion roo...

In Philosophy & Technique » UL Refrigerator
January 19, 9:08pm

Re: Simple, versatile water filtration?
"... wherever you may be... " On the CT I've pumped water out of shallow seeps that precluded scooping water. Maybe with a little time and effort I could have found a place to bui...

In GEAR » Simple, versatile water filtration?
January 19, 4:07pm

Re: Re: Re: Are You in That 1%??
^^^ "The Chronicle [of Philanthropy] analyzed Internal Revenue Service data from Americans who itemized deductions, including charitable gifts, in 2006 and 2012." I'd bet, the...

In Chaff » Are You in That 1%??
January 19, 11:41am

Re: Are You in That 1%??
^^^^ "The BBC's head of statistics, Anthony Reuben, said in order to be part of the wealthiest 1% of the world's population, an individual would need to be worth just over half a mi...

In Chaff » Are You in That 1%??
January 19, 10:47am

Re: Re: Re: Re: ISO #10 waterproof zipper
I just dug it up - YKK uretek are water Resistant - "This zipper is water repellent, not waterproof/watertight." "Uretek, U.S. company, is the owner of US Patent No. 6,105...

In Make Your Own Gear » ISO #10 waterproof zipper
January 19, 9:49am

Re: Re: ISO #10 waterproof zipper
^^^ I didn't see waterProof. Are all uretek zippers waterproof by default, and here just mis-labled?

In Make Your Own Gear » ISO #10 waterproof zipper
January 19, 9:22am

Re: Do Electronics Really Belong in the Wilderness ? !
"... but at least start by defining your parameters" Yes Art, please do. It's a continuum - PLBs, GPS, GPS/Mapping, Cameras, AudioPlayers, Readers ... ... and it's not ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Do Electronics Really Belong in the Wilderness ? !
January 19, 9:07am

Re: Re: Hilleberg Nammatj 2 with Footprint
nopuedo - login go to Change My Profile add your email address go back to the thread click on Patrick's name send him a PM. (cut,paste and save a copy for yourself) His reply will...

In Gear Swap » Hilleberg Nammatj 2 with Footprint
January 18, 3:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm