Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 201 - 210 of 5304 | Page: 1 ...12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ...531

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Failing #3 Zippers?
I too have other #3 zippers that function well. On shelters and on clothing. I too have been operating #3 zippers for a while. This last issue occurred on a zipper that has worked well in the p...

In GEAR » Failing #3 Zippers?
September 11, 6:40am

Failing #3 Zippers?
As noted over in the MLD DuoMid Thread - "You may find on the PCT that #3 zippers don't hold up (which the inner net tent likely has). Both of mine failed on my TT StratoSpire and many...

In GEAR » Failing #3 Zippers?
September 10, 9:47pm

Re: Loon UV Wader Repair +1
"Under my tarp, I repaired Dan’s Thermarest pad ... [with] Loon UV Wader Repair to seal the tear." Here is an eyelet that failed 15 miles into a 7 day trip - I did the work in...

In Editor's Roundtable » Trekking the High Uintas Wilderness: Circumnavigation of the Rock Creek Shelf
September 10, 5:25pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hunting clothing
... and unlike many, the Windshirt has a hood - Thanks Richard.

In GEAR » Hunting clothing
September 10, 4:26pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: John Muir Trail speed records - a question of style
Good idea. I think the trail should also be closed for training runs to avoid distractions.

In Philosophy & Technique » John Muir Trail speed records - a question of style
September 10, 3:32pm

Re: Re: NeoAir Xtherm Noise?
Thanks All. An XTherm is on the way.

In GEAR » NeoAir Xtherm Noise?
September 10, 11:05am

Re: Re: Shell game?
^^^ MARS is a keyword for the search. I found a Large on eBay last year. Best of Luck.

In GEAR » Shell game?
September 10, 8:30am

Re: Re: website or program?
"Yes, I know they seem high, but it's not uncommon to see those numbers..." Unfortunately. Elite Tour de France cyclists can manage about 350 calories per hour while riding. Th...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » website or program?
September 10, 7:25am

Re: Re: website or program?
^^^^ The "BackpackingCalories" link above leads to this table - - which in my experience, is highly dubious as a guideline of utilization, let alone for intake. (And makes no a...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » website or program?
September 10, 6:33am

Re: lose w8 now, ask dale how
Nice job Dale. All of us know the drill. Only a few have the discipline to get it done, and stay there. Congrats!

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » lose w8 now, ask dale how
September 09, 9:49pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm