Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 201 - 210 of 5910 | Page: 1 ...12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ...591

Forum » Thread

Re: one fly
nm. pointless.

In Fishing » The Single Fly
April 16, 12:06pm

Re: Section of the Superior Hiking Trail closed. In shock.
A similar thing happened here in Colorado. The land owner was gracious enough to grant rights. The land was quickly over-used and abused. He requested changes, which did not happen. He resci...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Section of the SHT closed. In shock.
April 16, 8:23am

Re: rescueMe LED Indications
The user manual tells you what LED indications to expect when you Test. It does not tell you what to expect when you Activate the unit. I asked Ocean Signal to clarify. (There is only one LED &quo...

In GEAR » Ocean Signals rescueME PLB
April 16, 7:17am

Re: Re: Re: The Single Fly
I've tried the "regulars" - Hare's Ear, PT, Prince, etc., but at the end of a day 90% of my fish were tricked by a Zebra Midge. I've tied a bunch of the Teeny Nymphs, so we...

April 15, 10:17pm

Re: The Single Fly
Jim Teeny's Nymph. With variations in color and size, it is his only fly for 40 years. A lot depends on what kind of water you fish. This is typical for me, with maybe a bit less g...

April 15, 9:50pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: OK fine
"...and if i had the inclination i could psychologically rip him apart here... Whoa! Just that thought, let alone putting it in print has moved you back to Square One. Game Over. Do Not C...

In Chaff » The basic math behind Christianity...
April 15, 6:43pm

Re: Re: Jeebus
"There is no morality in [big] business." Chew on this - "General Motors Co will not have to face dozens of lawsuits accusing it of concealing an ignition-switch defect that ha...

In GEAR » Golite Ressurection. Jinkies, Shaggy.
April 15, 3:55pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: For Summer use, do you overheat with high R value pads?
"But we aren't walking or camping on Mars or Venus." Grand Canyon, September 2014, on the river. 110F air temp. 100F ground temp where I set up camp (Brunton recording thermomet...

In GEAR » For Summer use, do you overheat with high R value pads?
April 15, 10:32am

Re: Re: For Summer use, do you overheat with high R value pads?
^^^ "... but in any event the pad is not ever actually "heating" you." When the ground temperature is above 98.6F the pad may eventually rise to ground temperature and t...

April 14, 10:36pm

Re: Re: Re: For Summer use, do you overheat with high R value pads?
^^^ WAG - I would guess the conventional mattress would feel warmer, and the water bed cooler. The water bed, assuming there is only a thin sheet between you and it, will conduct your body...

April 14, 8:32pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm