BPL Community Profile

Hoot Filsinger (filsinger) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Started backpacking in 1968 with my first and only Kelty Pack. Have enjoyed many adventures in Los Padres, Sierra Nevada, Cascades, and coastal hiking in the Pacific Northwest.Colin Fletcher was my mentor in my youth and I now enjoy the kind and knowledgeable folks at BPL.
CityCrescent City
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hoot Filsinger

Showing 201 - 210 of 283 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Forum » Thread

Cub Den prototype pics
I bought this cuben shelter from John at Bear Paw before he sold the Cub Den. It is very similar to the Cub Den 1.5 dimensions. I really like the perimeter netting, high entry door, and extra lengt...

In GEAR » Deciding between BearPaw Cub Den 1.5, Zpacks Hexamid (I chose Cub Den, here are the pics and initial setup)
July 30, 10:58pm

Re: What are your other hobbies?
*Racquetball *Nature Photograpy *Woodworking *Birding *Reading natural history and nature writing *Avoid attending social events with my wife

In Chaff » What are your other hobbies?
July 29, 4:07pm

Re: Wtb bushbuddy stove
PM sent

In Gear Swap » Wtb bushbuddy stove
July 28, 9:00am

Re: Bivys
PM sent

In Gear Deals » 6.4oz bivys
July 25, 10:08am

Re: Re: Using Platypus bottles with new Sawyer filter....
Randy, Because I am a science teacher I already had a Tornado Tube (TT) in my room to try out.I found you need to modify it by cutting (I used a bandsaw)about 1/4 inch off each end this allows P...

In GEAR » Sawyer Squeeze Water Filter
July 20, 7:10pm

Re: Using Platypus bottles with new Sawyer filter....
Hey Rafi, Are you using the enclosed white hose washer in the fittings? If not this will solve your leaks. I bought extras at my local ACE because they are easy to lose. I also adapted this filte...

In GEAR » Sawyer Squeeze Water Filter
July 19, 5:04pm

Re: WTB: SMD Lunar Duo or similar...(bump)
PM sent

In Gear Swap » WTB: SMD Lunar Duo
July 18, 3:09pm

Re: FS: Mens XL shorts and pants. TNF, REI, Ex Officio
PM sent

In Gear Swap » FS: Mens XL shorts and pants. TNF, REI, Ex Officio
June 29, 12:57pm

Re: re: WM bag
This bag is the same as the "Alder" on WM website. This is a very roomy bag with a full zipper. Bill

In Gear Swap » Closet Cleaning - Sleeping
June 19, 10:18pm

best coffee mug
http://www.peak62.com/search/itemno/75232/# GSI Outdoors Insulated Infinity Mug - 17 oz. This is my best find. Multi-use for me as a bowl, mug, treat water with steripen, and I can use it as ...

In GEAR » Lightest 8 oz cup for coffee?
June 14, 7:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Hoot Filsinger

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Bearpaw Wilderness Designs company
John at Bearpaw was terrific to work with. He listened to my needs and designed a cuben fiber structure similar to the cub den but with slight mods to fit my big boy size. He backs his warranty, send...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 27, 12:23am

Saywer Squeeze Filtration System
SP131- Sawyer Squeeze Filter – multiple capacity The NEW Sawyer Squeeze Filter is the lightest and most versatile filtration system on the market. With a total field weight of 3 ounces, it is extr...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
June 03, 7:58pm

Tarptent Contrail
I used the Contrail in the Cascades and was impressed with the design and weight. The bug net paid for itself the first two nights. I stayed dry in light rain and moderate wind and had very little con...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
March 11, 11:48pm