BPL Community Profile

Eric Noble (ericnoble) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Colorado Rockies
About Me I'm 45 years old, 6'4" and 195 lbs. I've backpacked in the Colorado Rockies, the Wasatch and Uinta mountains, and in Zions National Park. I mountain bike in the Colorado Rockies. I've kayaked in Yellowstone and on Flaming Gorge, and rafted the Green, Colorado and Snake rivers. My trips are usually a week long or less. I love to hike wherever I can. I'm an Assistant Scout Master and I'm often out with the Scouts. My immediate goal is to thru-hike the Colorado trail. I've lived in Utah, Ohio, Illinois, Argentina, California, and Colorado.
CityAurora
StateColorado
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Eric Noble

Showing 201 - 210 of 490 | Page: 1 ...12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ...49

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Passports for travellers
Gene, I've enjoyed all your posts in these forums except for this one. I feel you've mischaracterized many of those living south of the US. You seem to be against Passports but for secure b...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Passports
January 25, 5:12pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: KlearWater
http://www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/dwq/wsh0207/en/index6.html Still not the one, but very interesting, and mentions 8 out of 9 study families dropping out due the objectionable taste of fr...

In Multiple Use Gear » KlearWater as mouthwash & skin treatment
January 24, 6:35pm

Re: Re: Re: KlearWater
The American Red Cross and FEMA recommend adding 16 drops (1/8 teaspoon) of bleach (5.25% to 6% Sodium hypochlorite) per gallon of water as an initial dose. Let the water stand for 30 minutes and i...

January 24, 5:28pm

Re: KlearWater
Michael, I'm sorry I can't remember the specific source but I read a WHO report some time ago about treating water with bleach. The short of it is that in order to kill the nasties so much ...

January 24, 2:40pm

Re: Re: HI hiking
I could be wrong, but I recall there being a hut on the Haleakala trial. I did a day hike of this down into the crater that I highly recommend. I underestimated the hike out because of the volcanic...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » esbit in checked bags?
January 24, 12:19pm

Re: silk underwear
I sleep in REI silk underwear every night. I highly recommend it. The REI Silk Long Sleeve crew in large weighs 115 grams or 4.06 oz. The REI Silk Bottom in large weighs 125 grams or 4.41 oz. The w...

In Philosophy & Technique » sleepwear
January 23, 9:21am

Re: Re: "Afternoon Canyon Snowstorm"
The Kolob area of Zions is something else. I spent a week backpacking this area many years ago and always stop by when I'm in the area, at least for the over look. My wife and I did a day hike ...

In Photo Gallery » "Afternoon Canyon Snowstorm"
January 23, 9:10am

Re: Re: Re: Potty Trowel pattern
James, it looks very well made. Great job!

In GEAR » Antigravity Gear Pot Feedback
January 13, 11:11pm

Re: Re: Re: What About Wool?
I received a answer from Ibex about adding lanolin to wool. I will quote the relevant portion below. With regard to your question on lanolin, I don’t have any scientific research that directly...

In Editor's Roundtable » A Lightweight Guide to Backpacking in Sustained, Cold Rain
January 12, 10:06am

Re: Re: Warm Drinks
Wayne, another great drink from my childhood that I haven't had in some time. Postum or Pero are two others. I grew up in Utah and those were thought of by some as "Mormon coffee".

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Warm Drinks
January 12, 9:43am

All Reader Reviews by Eric Noble

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Ibex 17.5 Polo
DESCRIPTION: For when a T-shirt is simply not enough of a statement, we offer class...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
April 22, 12:10pm

Ibex Climawool Glove
Here's the slightly edited description and specs from the Ibex web site. ...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
March 22, 10:00am

Ibex Hooded Shak
This is the perfect base layer for downhill skiing. The versatility of a hoody with thumb sleeves is unmatched. Hooded Shak

February 08, 10:36am

Thru-Hiker.com
I ordered a 5.5" x 7.5" sheet of 0.016 inch 6Al4V titanium from Thru-Hiker. This is a custom size not shown on the website. Talking with Ayce was a pleasure and quite helpful in completing my project....

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:52am

Smartwool Shadow Hoody
The Smartwool Shadow hoody is essentially a Smartwool Zip-T with a hood and cuff thumb holes. The fabric weight of the two garments is the same, 195g. My size large weighs 12.7 ounces on my scale. As ...

November 02, 6:24pm