Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Goodyear (dmgoody) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale mid-west
About Me David Goodyear has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Goodyear

Showing 201 - 210 of 406 | Page: 1 ...12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ...41

Forum » Thread

Old tent parts
Alright, I know I'm an old cheap hillbilly, but I just cut up some old car camping tents that I have had lying around for years. I am going to use the bathtub floors for bivies, and the zippers...

In Make Your Own Gear » Old tent parts
September 27, 6:53am

check this out
Check out Jim colten's article: At the very end he shows a picture of addition...

In Make Your Own Gear » TT Contrail Modifications for Strong Wind
September 27, 6:46am

Chris, Nice, clean, tough pack. +1 on the R&D comment. You guys are years ahead of the pack designers in the retail world. Great for stealth fishing. Just need to invent some sort of "s...

In Make Your Own Gear » DX 40 Pack
September 27, 5:34am

easy solution
Since so many have extra energy, I would suggest that it be used in a "constructive" way. I blame this site and all of it's members for giving me too much to think about. I now have t...

In Chaff » Seriously?
September 25, 7:09am

thenks for the links
wow, thanks guys. there is some serious cuben there. That is exactly what I remembered. I'm going to put that idea to good use. Dave

In Make Your Own Gear » blow-up tent poles
September 24, 5:12pm

Awesome. Thanks. I search for Bill's creation Dave

September 23, 4:17pm

blow-up tent poles
Wasn't there a tent a while back that had blow-up sections instead of tent poles. I would like to know what they used to accomplish this. I would like to make a blow-up section on a bivy to kee...

September 23, 3:44pm

back on topic.
Nian, Sorry for the digression in the above discussions. Does the backcountry navigator work if there is no cell phone reception? If no, then you may need to buy a gps unit. I would check what u...

In GEAR » GPS recommendation
September 23, 3:16pm

Gps is a tool
Scott, My point was not to steer anyone away from a GPS unit. I re-read my post and I didn't see that I said that a gps should be avoided. It was to teach them that it is a tool and the cons...

In GEAR » GPS recommendation
September 23, 10:48am

complain - complain
complaining about something that is free, huh, just seems silly to me. A little banner ad - really, come on. Wnat to change something, then volunteer to help. You have people deriving incom...

In Chaff » Ads inbetween Forum Posts
September 23, 10:10am

All Reader Reviews by David Goodyear

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

caldera cone w gram cracker esbit stove snow peak solo
Just returned from a 4 day bushwhacking trip. This setup achieved 2 near boils (small bubbles) per esbit tab. Morning and night temps in the mid 30's - water taken from cold creeks. I allotted 4 t...

In Stoves - Other
October 08, 7:52am

Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1
I bought this tent before becoming a member of this site. When I read the review of the SL-1, I was worried about its stability and durability. I am not a tarp camper so the seedhouse seemed to be the...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 12, 7:22am