Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Goodyear (dmgoody) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale mid-west
About Me David Goodyear has not added a biography yet.
StateMIchigan
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Goodyear

Showing 201 - 210 of 399 | Page: 1 ...12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ...40

Forum » Thread

back on topic.
Nian, Sorry for the digression in the above discussions. Does the backcountry navigator work if there is no cell phone reception? If no, then you may need to buy a gps unit. I would check what u...

In GEAR » GPS recommendation
September 23, 3:16pm

Gps is a tool
Scott, My point was not to steer anyone away from a GPS unit. I re-read my post and I didn't see that I said that a gps should be avoided. It was to teach them that it is a tool and the cons...

September 23, 10:48am

complain - complain
complaining about something that is free, huh, just seems silly to me. A little banner ad - really, come on. Wnat to change something, then volunteer to help. You have people deriving incom...

In Chaff » Ads inbetween Forum Posts
September 23, 10:10am

ultralight chainmail
This is a funny thread that brings back a good memory. I was hiking in a swampy, tag elder infested area. I lost my balance and could see the beaver sharpened stick heading toward me. My body w...

In Chaff » Lightest body armor
September 23, 9:46am

Thanks
Thanks for all of your help. guys and gals. The Katabatic hoods look like the ticket. I may want some sort of a tail on them to tuck into my sleeping jacket, and my noggin doesn't fit inot t...

In Make Your Own Gear » sleeping system for tossers-n-turners??
September 23, 5:57am

compass and map
Don't put too much faith in the GPS systems. They are nice for approximate coordinates, but vary widely in accuracy - dependent on conditions (even within the same unit) We just spent the e...

September 23, 5:43am

Check with Daryl
Daryl has developed a pack system that puts little if any weight on the shoulders. http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=41365&s...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Backpack Questions
September 22, 7:41pm

censorship, banishment...na
Time for you to get back in the woods. If you don't want to read on about a topic...then don't. There are plenty of things here that may interest you. If you’re tired of answering ne...

In Chaff » Oh dear. Is it the economy?
September 21, 9:39pm

sleeping system for tossers-n-turners??
The old question...should I turn in the mummy bag or make it turn with me? Should I cut off the hood and design a detached puffy hood? I have frosted a few mummy bag hoods in the winter...What ...

In Make Your Own Gear » sleeping system for tossers-n-turners??
September 21, 9:07pm

military style or make your own
You are probably better off with a low profile pack if you are going to walk some serious bush. This may put you out of the light category. You need a tough, slippery fabric and a pack with few bel...

In GEAR » Are there any UL or LW packs suitable for scrub?
September 19, 7:49pm

All Reader Reviews by David Goodyear

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

caldera cone w gram cracker esbit stove snow peak solo
Just returned from a 4 day bushwhacking trip. This setup achieved 2 near boils (small bubbles) per esbit tab. Morning and night temps in the mid 30's - water taken from cold creeks. I allotted 4 t...

In Stoves - Other
October 08, 7:52am

Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1
I bought this tent before becoming a member of this site. When I read the review of the SL-1, I was worried about its stability and durability. I am not a tarp camper so the seedhouse seemed to be the...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 12, 7:22am