BPL Community Profile

Brendan Swihart (brendans) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Fruita CO
About Me Brendan Swihart has not added a biography yet.
CountryUnited
My Website URLhttp://outlivingblog.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brendan Swihart

Showing 201 - 210 of 603 | Page: 1 ...12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ...61

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: re: frameless packs
" With modern materials available for packs, there is simply no reason for any serious backpacker to need a framed pack for a week outing weighing more than 16oz. " Maybe a week outing...

In Editor's Roundtable » How Packs Work
December 05, 8:47am

MYOG down mummy bag
Finished this up last week for someone. More pictures and construction details here.

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG down mummy bag
December 03, 12:47pm

Re: re: advanced river crossings
Good discussion, and it seems there are two here: intentionally crossing water that's bigger that walkable, and dealing with a unintended swim or fall. I crossed the Colorado a couple times ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » River Crossings Gone Bad
December 03, 12:41pm

Re: hillmap and acme
http://www.mappingsupport.com/p/gmap4.php has UTM grid overlays. I prefer hillmap due to more printing control (still a PITA), but do wish you could put UTM grids on it. When you print from hillm...

In GEAR » What is the Best TOPO mapping program to get?
November 29, 8:41am

Last minute grocery store meals
+1 to couscous. a few others that haven't been mentioned: -instant beans (the Fantastic Foods black beans are indeed fantastic) with some minute rice and a tortilla -instant rice with dried ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Backing packing meals from Big box stores
November 27, 5:05pm

CFM measurements
Thanks for all the info, Richard; it's appreciated. I'm curious if there are different types of CFM measurements...in the post you just linked (from 09) you list the Houdini as 5 CFM com...

In GEAR » how breathable a wind shell is
November 27, 8:36am

Squamish
Richard, Is that CFM for the current Squamish? Looks like there's a couple different names from different years of the fabric used (gossamera, luminera) and I'm wondering if it's sti...

In GEAR » how breathable a wind shell is
November 26, 9:51pm

Re: Re: so no micro
For what you describe Microspikes would be fine. There's a pretty massive difference between Microspikes and something like Yaktrax.

In GEAR » crampons for non technical people - choices
November 26, 1:47pm

Re: Commentary: The Packraft in 2013
Good stuff...currently trying to decide on rafts for the wife and I for pretty much the "serious weight savings in serious conditions, but not serious whitewater" that you describe (think...

In Editor's Roundtable » Commentary: The Packraft in 2013
November 21, 11:14am

Re: Re: nice tarp
Feel free to make offers...

In Gear Swap » FS: Cuben cat tarp, Arcteryx Phase SL baselayer, Patagonia Merino 1 LS
November 21, 7:40am

All Reader Reviews by Brendan Swihart

Brendan Swihart has posted no reviews.