BPL Community Profile

Andy Duncan (bluewater) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale SoCal
About Me Andy Duncan has not added a biography yet.
CityLaguna Beach
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://seatosummitultralight.blogspot.com/
My PDF Gear ListWinter Sierra Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andy Duncan

Showing 201 - 210 of 305 | Page: 1 ...12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Forum » Thread

MYOG Wearable Quilt
I am new to making my own gear and just recently started sewing on an old 1930's era Singer. I have learned a lot and been encouraged by the posts here. Although I added some stuff myself for t...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Wearable Quilt
December 02, 2:06pm

Re: JMT ~ Tuolumne Meadows to Devils Postpile
Thanks John. Nice call on the Steve Martin reference, I didn't even realize it till now. Who can forget his 70's vinyl comedy albums? I liked the Tuolumne photos on your website. It loo...

In Post-Trip Reports » JMT ~ Tuolumne Meadows to Devils Postpile
November 23, 4:28pm

JMT ~ Tuolumne Meadows to Devils Postpile
I finally got around to finishing a trip report from a JMT section hike last August. Thanks to everyone here on BPL for sharing your UL knowledge and experience. Going lightweight made this a fun a...

In Post-Trip Reports » JMT ~ Tuolumne Meadows to Devils Postpile
November 21, 8:17pm

Re: Last Call: Late Fall Trip in the Sierra, Mammoth Lakes
Great photos and report! You got some of the last good weather of the season. I hiked by Purple Lake in the summer, and I already miss it. Thanx for taking me back.

In Post-Trip Reports » Last Call: Late Fall Trip in the Sierra, Mammoth Lakes
November 21, 5:46pm

Above Treeline
South from Muir Pass, Helen Lake and Black Giant. North from Pinchot Pass, Lake Marjorie. North from Glen Pass. All from the JMT, Kings Canyon National Park, CA.

In Photo Gallery » Above Treeline
November 21, 1:29am

800 f/p down
I just put in an order for 6 ozs. At $5.50/ounce I figure it's worth trying some out on my next project. Thanks~

In Make Your Own Gear » 800+ Fill power down for $5.50 an ounce @ DownByThePound.com
November 14, 1:56pm

windshirt pattern & material
+1 on the Thru Hiker Liberty Ridge. I've used their pattern to make a few lightweight windshirts, one with a hood and one without. The Momentum 90 is fine, although SevenD might save some weight.

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG actual windshirt vs windjacket w/ Patagonia Houdini (-like) material
November 10, 5:50pm

Re: Joshua Tree Trip & MYOG Quilt
I used SevenD from TiGoat for both sides of the quilt. It's advertised as the lightest 10D breathable nylon (0.645 oz/sqyd). The feel is much softer than other breathable nylon like Momentum 50...

In Post-Trip Reports » SUL Joshua Tree Trip.
November 10, 5:47pm

Joshua Tree Trip & MYOG Quilt
I have enjoyed reading many of the TR's on BPL so it's always cool to get some positive comments from the UL crew. Thanx guys. Water is definitely the limiting factor in the desert. I e...

November 10, 1:58am

SUL Joshua Tree Trip.
Ever since returning from the JMT earlier this summer I have been trying to get one last trip into the high Sierra. I’ve considered taking off Thursday right after work to get three days/two nigh...

November 09, 12:53am

All Reader Reviews by Andy Duncan

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Titanium Goat AGP AGP
I used these poles on the JMT last summer and had no problems. They are extremely light and the grips and very comfortable. The locking system is smooth and flawless. I have used them in snow and mile...

In Trekking Poles
July 06, 11:20pm

Thermarest Neo-Air
After using the large (19oz) for the extra 5" in width and the regular (14 oz) to save a little weight I finally just settled on the small (9 oz). It's lightweight and perfect as an extended ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
October 01, 2:24am

zpacks Company
I ordered a Hexamid Tent on Sept. 1st and received it on the extact day Joe said it would mailed out. When I added some accessories to the order at the last minute he sent them without charging for th...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 01, 2:01am