Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Lance Marshall (Lancem) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon
About Me Lance Marshall has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://www.wvi.com/~ulmyog/
My PDF Gear ListPCT Gear Lists

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Lance Marshall

Showing 201 - 210 of 238 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

Blackberry mapping GPS
Here is another option for mapping (vector and raster) GPS. I’ve been using TrekBuddy GPS software on my Blackberry phone. Because I usually have my cell phone with me anyway, I can add GPS f...

In GEAR » brief survey of USGS Topo mapping GPS units
February 23, 12:27am

BPA in polycarbonate?
David, Isn't BPA used only in the manufacture of polycarbonate (#7) plastic and not in other common types of plastic? If so, there is no danger of BPA leaching from freezer bags because there ...

In GEAR » Plastic water bottles: safe or not?
February 16, 1:24am

Re: Large tarp picture location
Ben, Both pictures above were on the NE ridge of Mount Hood near the Cooper Spur shelter.

In GEAR » Large Tarp Setup?
December 21, 10:20am

Re: Large tarp
Here is a pic from a few years ago. Pitched above timberline in the best cover we could find. A small weather front passed through during the night bringing some unanticipated winds. The 10x10 t...

In GEAR » Large Tarp Setup?
December 20, 7:45pm

Re: 3 person tarp
REI Outlet has the Granite Gear White Lightnin' tarps on sale. 10' x 12' for $129.93 less 20%. Plenty of coverage for three. 8'x10' is $84.93 less 20%. Here

In GEAR » 3-person tarp
December 03, 2:27pm

DIY inline gravity filter
Here are a few pictures of another DIY gravity filter bag. Attach tubing to the spigot and then to an in-line filter. You can put some prefilter material inside the cap as well. Th...

In Make Your Own Gear » Light and Easy Water Filtration for the Lazy Backpacker
November 21, 3:52pm

Re: Re: DIY Cones
Mark, Sorry for the delayed reply: "Do you make these commercially?" No, all the cones in the picture above were prototypes for a K-Mart grease pot/pepsi can stove combo for my per...

In Make Your Own Gear » Heineken Cone
November 20, 3:25pm

DIY Cones
Mark, Awesome design! For what it's worth, here's the spreadsheet I used for designing some cones. Once you have the dimensions it's pretty easy to create a template with a straight ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Heineken Cone
November 18, 11:12am

RE: 8 oz PET (Polyethylene terephthalate) bottle
Here is a picture including the 8oz PET bottle. Left is one nested in a K-Mart grease pot with pop can stove, BIC lighter, and pot grabber. Center are 16oz and 8oz PET water bottles, which also fi...

In GEAR » Found Possible Little Nipper Replacement
November 11, 2:01pm

Posting Excel Spreadsheet
One way is to convert the spreadsheet contents into a picture image then post the picture. Highlight the area you want to convert, hold down the shift key and select 'Edit' from the menu...

In Gear Lists » How do I post my list?
November 03, 12:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Lance Marshall

Lance Marshall has posted no reviews.