BPL Community Profile

John Roan (JRoan) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Vegas
About Me Up high, with the ancient bristlecones, or deep in a slot canyon.
CityLas Vegas
StateNV
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.MountainUltraLight.com
My PDF Gear ListCouples 3 season list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Roan

Showing 201 - 206 of 206 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Backpacking Light UL 180 Quilt
I have been considering this quilt for a while, and the new sale price of $116.99 is very tempting. I have never used a quilt before, am a back sleeper, and at 6'2", 225lbs, mummy bags are...

In GEAR » Backpacking Light UL 180 Quilt
June 18, 8:59am

H2O treatment for under 2 year olds
Ben, I tried the AquaMira Frontier Pro filter setup as a gravity system, but wasn't impressed by the flow rate, and then realized I still needed to use chemicals to treat viruses and bacteri...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » H2O treatment for under 2 year olds
June 17, 4:02pm

H2O treatment for under 2 year olds
Ben, You stated you sold your Sawyer unit due to weight and taste. What did you end up going with in its place? John

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » H2O treatment for under 2 year olds
June 13, 11:22am

Best Camera for Hiking
Check out the Olympus Stylus 770 SW. It may not be the lightest, but for what we do, it's great since it's Shockproof. Waterproof. Freezeproof. Crushproof. You actually clean this thing und...

In Photography » Best Camera for Hiking?
June 11, 3:24pm

New Balance Shoes
I purchased a pair of NB 479 trail running shoes...liked the fit, but the top shoe lace loop broke after only about 20 miles. so I returned them and got turned off on the brand. Try try again......

In GEAR » New Balance Shoes
June 04, 2:34pm

"Looking for a pair of shorts"
I recently picked up a pair of REI San Juan Water Shorts for an upcoming trip through The Narrows at Zion. Although the trip isn't for four more weeks, I've been using them for all of my hi...

In GEAR » Looking for a pair of Shorts...
June 04, 2:11pm

All Reader Reviews by John Roan

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Trail Designs Caldera Stove
My rating is actually 4.5 out of 5 (not an option in the drop down box). I...

In Stoves - Alcohol
November 19, 5:35pm

Trail Designs Ti-Tri Inferno
The guys at Trail Designs have built a reputation for themselves by providing innovative products and excellent customer service. Their Caldera Cone system was a revolution in UL wind screen/pot holde...

In Stoves - Other
August 21, 5:35pm