BPL Community Profile

Sumi Wada (DetroitTigerFan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Ann Arbor
About Me Sumi Wada has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sumi Wada

Showing 201 - 210 of 487 | Page: 1 ...12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ...49

Forum » Thread

Re: Trying to get down to 20lb pack need advice.
>> From what i have read the fastest and best way to cut weight is to lighten my big 3: pack, sleeping bag and shelter. Not sure that I agree. Might be the case for the hiker who's al...

In GEAR » Trying to get down to 20lb pack need advice.
September 20, 8:10am

Re: fact or fiction or marketing hype regarding backpacks for women
Yeah, how else is she going to find that baby-blue pack that matches her trail runners? Joking, obviously. "Women-specific" is such a generic term. I'm guessing there are differ...

In GEAR » fact or fiction or marketing hype regarding backpacks for women
September 20, 7:40am

Sugoi brand "Wallaroo" merino pieces at REI-outlet.com
REI Outlet has a lot of deeply discounted (75% off list prices) clothing through today. I found various merino pieces -- short-sleeve T-shirts, long-sleeved tops, quarter-zips -- in Sugoi "...

In Gear Deals » Sugoi brand "Wallaroo" merino pieces
September 18, 12:28pm

Re: Thanks for the responses
Just as an FYI, Ratsack was the original metal mesh bag. Came out in the late 90's, made in Flagstaff, I think. They started selling them at the general store in the park and sold mail order/o...

In GEAR » Ratsack for Grand Canyon use
September 14, 11:14am

Re: Ratsack for Grand Canyon use
>> I'm spending a lot of time and money to lower my base weight and those 3.5 ounces (per sack) seems huge to me. It is, especially when competitive products weigh a lot less. How m...

In GEAR » Ratsack for Grand Canyon use
September 14, 7:39am

Re: Is there any gear that your don't go light on?
Sure, my pillow. I realized at some point that, for me, my pillow matters more than my pad does, at least in terms of comfort (warmth is a different matter.) I've tried a bunch of UL pillows bu...

In GEAR » Is there any gear that your don't go light on?
September 13, 5:30am

Re: WTB Backpacking Grill
@Gary, I have and just sent you a reply. @My Grill Fairy... thank you.

In Gear Swap » WTB Backpacking Grill
September 12, 9:09pm

Re: re: WTB Backpacking Grill
@Gary, thanks for the recommendations. I did look at your Zia grill but the old BPL price tag ($70) is a little out of my price range. I rarely make a fire when I backpack, so not at all sure how...

September 12, 8:39am

WTB Backpacking Grill
Looking for a small lightweight BP grill, about the size of Purcell Trench Packer.

September 11, 1:34pm

I think that weight is per shoe, not for the pair
In my experience, most specs for shoes/boots are given per shoe, not for the pair. 4.4oz per shoe makes sense. They look like my little paddle shoes, which are 5oz each.

In GEAR » Saucony Hattory minimalist running shoes - 4.4 oz
September 03, 7:08am

All Reader Reviews by Sumi Wada

Sumi Wada has posted no reviews.