BPL Community Profile

John Coyle (Bigsac) - BPL Guest

My Locale NorCal
About Me John Coyle has not added a biography yet.
CitySacramento
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Coyle

Showing 201 - 210 of 214 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Forum » Thread

DIY Canister Stove Projects
Excellent article Roger, and I might add that I enjoy all your stove articles and consider you one of the foremost authorities on the subject. I mentioned on this site a while back that wouldn't i...

In Editor's Roundtable » Do It Yourself Projects to Reduce Canister Stove Weight
September 27, 10:36am

Caffin/Canister Stove
Just finished reading Roger's canister stove article part II. Excellent job Roger. I have always liked the idea of remote canister stoves such as the MSR WindPro, but found them to be a little to...

In GEAR » Caffin/Canister Stove
March 16, 1:09pm

Electric Bear Fence
A friend of mine once showed me slides of his backpacking trips on Kodiak Island, Alaska from 15 years ago. He had lived there for several years during high school while his dad worked at the Kodia...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Electric Bear Fence
October 12, 9:05pm

Ryan's Yellowstone Hike
Ryan--two tripods for point and shoots I've had good luck with. -Hakuba E Pod table top model. Comes with little ball head and quick release plate. Weights about 2 oz. -Manfrotto Digi 714b. ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Yellowstone / Beartooths Trek
September 29, 7:02pm

Ryan's Yellowstone Hike
Thanks for the great photo story, I enjoyed it tremendously. I'm hoping you will do more of these in the future! Your photos looked great; what kind of camera are you using these days? Could y...

In Post-Trip Reports » Yellowstone / Beartooths Trek
September 29, 5:21pm

Pentax Optio WP
The Pentax camera mentioned on the home page intrigues me; however, I am concerned about the lack of an optical viewfinder with this camera. With my current digital camera, a Kodak CX7430(highly r...

In GEAR » Pentax Optio WP
August 27, 9:20pm

Headsweats Racehat
Just wanted to give a shout out for my favorite hiking ball cap, the Headsweats Racehat, which I have successfully used for a year now. At first I though a ball cap wouldn't provide enough sun...

In GEAR » Headsweats Racehat
June 23, 7:34pm

Dremel Clone
Excellent instructions Jay. I have attempted to make stoves of this type in the past with varying success. I had the most trouble with cutting the bottom out of the can as depicted in photo 5, an...

In Make Your Own Gear » BPL MYOG Project: Open Jet Alcohol Stove
June 01, 6:04pm

Montrail Masai
I bought the Masai several months ago, and like the others found the arch support too far back. I also found the Masai runs a little narrow for my normal d width feet, so I got them 1/2 size large...

In GEAR » What's on your feet?
April 27, 7:51pm

Hiking Poles Made From Volcanic Lava?
I find it interesting that the prestigious French tripod company Gitzo is now making some of their tripod legs from volcanic lava, otherwise known as basalt. I encountered this strange fact in the...

In GEAR » Hiking Poles Made From Volcanic Lava?
April 03, 11:13pm

All Reader Reviews by John Coyle

John Coyle has posted no reviews.