BPL Community Profile

Rutherford Platt (tunaboy999) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mid Atlantic
About Me Rutherford Platt has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListDown to Freezing Gear List for the Rockies and AT

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rutherford Platt

Showing 21 - 30 of 71 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: CT, WM sleeping bag dilemma
Consider the marmot Hydrogen. At 25 oz not the lightest but it's wider and warmer than the summerlite (EN rated at 30 degrees compared to 36 for the summerlite). You'll save a little weigh...

In GEAR » CT, WM sleeping bag dilemma
December 17, 7:04am

Solong vs stratospire
From the Specs it looks like these are the main trade offs: Solong has greater floor area and length. Stratospire has more headroom at the sides and more vestibule space. Solong is a little li...

In GEAR » Stratospire 1 vs Slong 6
December 17, 6:32am

Solong 6 observations
I too have a Lightheart Solong 6 and would highly recommend it. A few observations: 1. The tent is very well constructed and solid. 2. Unlike other modified A-frames, there is plenty of ro...

In GEAR » Kudos to Judy @ Lightheart Gear - SoLong 6
December 12, 7:41am

Re: Fracking & STS
Thanks... that is really valuable information for PA hikers. Keep the updates coming when you get 'em.

In Pre-Trip Planning » STS potters county PA
December 07, 1:24pm

Fracking
Chris, Just out of curiosity, are any of the trails up there in north-central PA threatened by fracking activity?

In Pre-Trip Planning » STS potters county PA
December 07, 7:06am

Voila
Universal Transverse Mercator (UTM): Zone: 13 Easting: 667425 Northing: 3236250 This is WGS84, not NAD27, but unless you are digging for treasure it should be fine

In Pre-Trip Planning » Lat/Long to UTM Conversion
December 02, 8:59pm

Mitts sold
OR Helium Jacket still available

In Gear Swap » FS: OR Endeavor Mitt and OR Helium Jacket
December 02, 6:01pm

FS: OR Endeavor Mitt and OR Helium Jacket
OR Endeavor Mitt, size large, new and unused. A BPL favorite that has recently been discontinued and replaced by the Mt. Baker mitt, a more expensive and slightly heavier model. I'd rather pa...

In Gear Swap » FS: OR Endeavor Mitt and OR Helium Jacket
December 02, 7:22am

Re: Re: Re: Someone's got to say it ...
Yeah, I suppose they have approached magazine weight but not reached it. e-readers are in the 6-9 oz range. magazines are closer to 4 oz.

In GEAR » new nook e-reader 1oz lighter than lightest kindle
November 29, 2:22pm

Re: Someone's got to say it ...
I totally agree that the smartphone is a more useful device overall. However, when I'm in the backcountry I like to detach from my LCD-dominated life. E-readers are simple and uncluttered a...

In GEAR » new nook e-reader 1oz lighter than lightest kindle
November 29, 2:01pm

All Reader Reviews by Rutherford Platt

Rutherford Platt has posted no reviews.