Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

paul buzzard (troop208) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale paul buzzard hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me paul buzzard has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by paul buzzard

Showing 21 - 30 of 87 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Forum » Thread

I have the #1 ulss, and I use it all the time, well not when its' super warm mid summer, but I just quilt it, or sleep on top of it, as I use silk jammies. I think this would work fine for you...

In GEAR » recommendation on montbell bag
March 19, 7:35am

Neo
Ben, You got the wrong MB bag, lol. I started with your bag, couldn't stay warm at 30, sent it back. Bought the #2 ULSS, waaay warmer than the 5 degrees rated, at least for me. Love the bag. ...

In GEAR » NeoAir Pad -- Too Cool??
March 16, 3:21pm

MB ulss
I have the ULSS #1, and IMO, if you are husky type person, who stretches the interior, these bags may be a little optimistically rated. Not a lot, but if you are at the rated temp, and a bigger pe...

In GEAR » Montbell Super Spiral
March 16, 2:54pm

odd number crew
We had 13 in our crew, shoulda seen the piles of stuff at resupply depots, getting 3-4 days of food. They give you +1 on the food. we did the exact same thing as the previous poster. Some extra ...

In Philmont » Philmont Food
December 07, 7:28am

trying them on
I happend to be at a nice shop this weekend and tried them both on. My .02 is the EL is not the coat I would have purchased. I am 6' 175#, long torso and arms. The EL is cut very short in th...

In GEAR » Montbell UL Down Inner vs Montbell Extremely Light Jacket
December 07, 7:02am

Proportional loads
Our crew last year had football players, and midgets, lol, especially one 85 pound 5' string bean. We let the boys figure out their loads, and the smaller ones were adamant about taking their ...

In Philmont » ULA Ohm for Philmont
November 04, 9:44am

general clothing
I am not that tall 6' even, 170# but with long torso and arms, especially. For clothing in general, I have used LL Bean a number of times, for wool turtlenecks, around town jackets, etc. They...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Which apparel makers are recommended for tall, skinny body types?
November 04, 9:33am

sorting down
I have had a couple of down jackets that bit the dust. You can sort the down if you want. Very tedious process, but you basically put the down on a cookie sheet, and pick thru it with needle nose...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYO sleeping bag using down from an indoor blanket (types of down?) and hammock warmth...?
October 28, 9:22am

Painter drop cloth
We normally use 4 mm plastic for our troops ground cloths. For philmont, I did lighten up and space save up and used the painters or 2mm plastic. New for the trip, cut for the tent size, worked f...

In Philmont » Duomid for philmont
October 09, 10:47am

BA mat
I have the BA insul mat and I will second the 30 degree mark. Fine until then, much below that, heat sucking sounds require a closed cell of some type for me.

In GEAR » Ether Thermo 6 vs. Insulated Air Core
October 09, 10:23am

All Reader Reviews by paul buzzard

paul buzzard has posted no reviews.