Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

J Thomas Peterson (tpeterson1959) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southwest
About Me I've lived in Vegas for way too long. Originally from the Seattle area. I BP with my wife in the mountains, desert, canyons and along the coast. Also enjoy fishing and car camping.

While I was a Scoutmaster, we BP'd or camped at least once a month (7 years worth). I still get out about every other month.
CityLas Vegas
StateNevada
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by J Thomas Peterson

Showing 21 - 30 of 34 | Page: 1 2 3 4

Forum » Thread

Beyond Cub Scouts - Lifelong Learning
When my (now 24 year old) son joined Cubs, he was very much like your son. I was asked to be the Den Leader because I knew more about Scouting and the outdoors in general than all the other parents...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » New to cub scouting- Feeling a bit underwhelmed.
December 02, 9:56am

Crime Scene Supplies
I tried looking under crime scene supplies to see if you could get just one and found a couple of companies that offer them. Like the Teddy Bear?

In Make Your Own Gear » An alternative bivy bag?
November 25, 10:26am

Great Designs Through History
Great design for your oven Dan; and great design ideas for the variations. As for a tent heater, I agree with Mark, better to use it to reflect heat rather than radiate it. Back in the Dark Age...

In Make Your Own Gear » Reflector Oven... Pizza and Muffins anyone?
September 30, 9:23am

Wow!
What a great job! I really like the way you thought out the tie outs and the idea of laminating the mesh between two pieces of cuben. Again, great job!

In Make Your Own Gear » 4 person family Tent
July 30, 10:40am

Very Impressive
And I'm not just talking about the quilt - although it looks great! The thought put into the design vs. vapor issues is real artistry. Tim, you've got a gift.

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben / Down Quilt
May 27, 10:14am

3.8 oz/square yard?
If this site http://shop.coversuperstore.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.catalog&categoryID=152 is correct, then it's 3.8 oz per square yard - 2.85 lbs. Not really light weight, but there ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Using Harbor Frieght tarp?
May 27, 10:05am

Practice
More than anything else, practice, practice, practice. I have a good friend who knows at least 100 different knots (granted some are just for show). He can tie all of the important ones behind his ...

In GEAR » Knot basics?
January 12, 11:55am

Very, Very Nice
You did a great job! When pinning, how far apart do you space the pins and does it make a big difference depending on the fabric? Also, your pics from your solo really make me home sick. I&#...

In Make Your Own Gear » tarptent for two and a few others
January 12, 11:44am

Great Idea!
Very nice design, and I admire it's simplicity! Thanks for sharing.

In Make Your Own Gear » Ultralight waterproof backpack
December 24, 9:50am

MYYOG PACK01
Very, very nice. How long did it take for you to design and then sew the pack?

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG PACK01
December 03, 10:12am

All Reader Reviews by J Thomas Peterson

J Thomas Peterson has posted no reviews.