Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tony Burnett (tlbj6142) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale OH--IO
About Me Tony Burnett has not added a biography yet.
CityColumbus
StateOH

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tony Burnett

Showing 21 - 30 of 191 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Forum » Thread

Nice photos...
Of all of the canyon photos I have seen, those are the first (canyon photos) that actually make me wish I was on the trip. Until now, canyon hiking did not interest me. Thanks

In Editor's Roundtable » Grand Canyon Packrafting
March 12, 7:49am

Re: Exactly!
I think we can blame Ray Jardine for the UL == "farther and faster" mantra (it was all over his book). But for a thru-hike it sort of makes sense. But not all UL hikers are thru-hikers....

In Editor's Roundtable » Slow Travel
February 20, 7:56am

About the food...
I noticed the same thing. Other than the bars in his shoulder straps, I didn't hear any mention of food or water strategies. NOTE: Normally I can't make it thru the first minute or so...

In Editor's Roundtable » Podcast: Francis Tapon is Set to Complete a Backpacking First - a CDT Yo-yo
September 05, 11:04am

Re: Lightweight Backpacking Gear for Kids (Jay Ham)
I BP quite often with my kids (typically in WV or TN). I made a 3+ person tarptent like shelter (2# including guy lines and stuff sack). I have a Fox 30 for my 9yo and a simple $9 bookbag for my ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Backpacking Gear for Kids
July 11, 8:08am

Re: Re: Re:Stove Fuel/Airlines:Works for me!
I've checked Esbit tablets on 2 flights in the past year without issue. Edit: Actually, one of the flights I had my entire pack (sans treking poles and tent stakes) as my carry on.

In GEAR » Stove Fuel/Airlines
July 10, 2:42pm

Re: Re: SUL and UL: Seeking Converts
- The Web is still your best friend; almost everyone researches online before making a purchase, even if it's in a physical store. ===================================== I use to think this wa...

In Philosophy & Technique » SUL and UL: Seeking Converts
June 28, 11:19am

Re: SUL and UL: Seeking Converts
I have the perception that there are a lot of pople who would do more (or start) casual backpacking- an ocassional overnight or weekend on good trails- if they did not feel they would be pack mules...

In Philosophy & Technique » SUL and UL: Seeking Converts
June 28, 10:59am

Re: Re: Condensation in Single-walled Shelters: Contributing Factors and Tips for Reduction
>Losing 2 liters of water only from the lungs per day seems massive Good point. Your urine would be nuclear orange come morning if you lost 2L every night.

In Editor's Roundtable » Condensation in Single-walled Shelters: Contributing Factors and Tips for Reduction
June 20, 2:32pm

Re: Smartwool Boxers...
I share your frustration. I have a pair of SW boxer briefs. Short of using Body Glide (which I hate to use) they have been the best anti-chafing solution I have used to date. I have used mine fo...

In GEAR » Smartwool Boxers...
June 18, 1:58pm

Gerber Deluxe Clippers...
I don't have the weight in front of me, but they weigh about as much a normal nail clippers.... http://www.elinemerchandising.com/7166.html Small blade, scissors, nail clippers, lanyard...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Knives and Other Sharp Things
May 23, 7:50am

All Reader Reviews by Tony Burnett

Tony Burnett has posted no reviews.