BPL Community Profile

Stuart Armstrong (strong806) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Near the AT
About Me Going light one new piece of gear at a time.
My PDF Gear ListOHT March '08

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stuart Armstrong

Showing 21 - 30 of 109 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Forum » Thread

Re: Scales
Ebay Scales for $32 Shipped

In Gear Lists » Current Gear List
March 04, 11:03am

Re: Aquamira LIQUID drops vs. Aquamira TABLETS
One consideration is that the tablets are more expensive than the drops. For short trips I like the convenience of the tablets and I will often treat water with a half dose overnight to conserve...

In GEAR » Aquamira LIQUID drops vs. Aquamira TABLETS
March 04, 10:59am

Re: Torsolite and Staying Warm
I've used the same setup you describe, different pack, but with a 3/8" full length pad and was warm when it dipped below 20 degrees. Going to a 3/8" pad only costs you 3 ounces if ...

In GEAR » Torsolite and Staying Warm
March 04, 10:46am

Re: Houston
Enchanted Rock is pretty cool, around 3 hours from Houston. Also, The Goodwater Loop is 26 miles around Lake Georgetown, about 2 and a half hours from Houston.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Aussie coming to Houston
March 03, 11:36am

RE: My Summer UL Gear List
Looks pretty good. I would ditch the extra batteries for the headlamp. You have 4 fire starters, you could downsize here. I would use just the Polar pur. I started out using a Frontier Pro...

In Gear Lists » My Summer UL Gear List
March 03, 8:49am

Re: Spot Review
Thanks Roger. Although I am aware of the bad reviews I received it as a gift and have had such a rough time getting people off my case it is worth the deadweight! I understand not to rely on it.

In Gear Lists » Closer and Closer -- March OHT Gearlist
February 26, 8:04pm

Re: Frenzy
I like the one where the grizzly drags the tent and the dummy off into the woods to do whatever he wants!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bear Feeding Frenzy
February 26, 7:25pm

Re: Spot, etc.
I know the spot is really unneeded, but it makes my family feel better. I also rationalize it in that I can only use one arm and if I hurt my right arm I would be unable to really do anything. ...

February 26, 7:05pm

RE: BBSP
Oh OK Joe, my bad, I'll check it out.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Need March 6th through 15th Hike Ideas
February 26, 1:27pm

Closer and Closer -- March OHT Gearlist
See my gearlist for 8 days on the Ozark Highlands Trail in my profile. I will have a sub 10 pound baseweight if I switch to: - GG Mariposa Plus - GG Nightlite Torso - Montbell UL Down Inner...

February 26, 12:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Stuart Armstrong

Stuart Armstrong has posted no reviews.