BPL Community Profile

Nick Larsen (stingray4540) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale South Bay
About Me Nick Larsen has not added a biography yet.
StateCalifornia
My PDF Gear ListGearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Larsen

Showing 21 - 30 of 369 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...37

Forum » Thread

Re: RE: strap
The strap is just glued to the top, the bottom is completely flat. I don't bring camp shoes myself, I just thought it was funny after all the camp shoe threads I've read. All this time, the...

In GEAR » Lightest camp sandals ever?!
August 16, 5:13am

Lightest camp sandals ever?!
I think I just found the lightest camp sandals ever! Only 13 grams for the pair. .5oz Where can you get these unubtanium magic sandals?! You gotta go get a pedicure... And the pink ones are li...

In GEAR » Lightest camp sandals ever?!
August 15, 9:11pm

Re: Transitioning to "SomewhatLight"; Backpack recommendations for wife and me?
Have you considered an external frame? I know it's not "ultra" light, but at 3 lbs. the jansport scout is pretty comfy. Bonus is you can usually score one on Craigslist for $30. Less...

In GEAR » Transitioning to "SomewhatLight"; Backpack recommendations for wife and me?
August 14, 10:37pm

Re: Mist, fog, dew + down
Thanks guys, that's good to hear. I really didn't want to have to go full synthetic for the one trip out of ten that I end up in the Misty Mountains again.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Heavy mist + down
August 11, 5:46pm

Heavy mist + down
My question: If under a rain fly/tarp/tent, is heavy mist a problem with down? Why I ask/my recent experience: Rain not predicted on my last trip so I just slept under some bug netting. Being ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Heavy mist + down
August 11, 11:22am

Re: Considering external frame
To answer your first question, yes I have gone back to an external. Well it's my first time actually, since I only got into backpacking a few years ago. I picked up 2 Jansport scouts on Crai...

In Philosophy & Technique » Considering external frame
August 11, 10:04am

Re: Re: Re: first trip with the wife
"My logical side says I should ignore that statement" Key words: "for the most part" "tend" "more" Obviously not all things are true of all people. P...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » First trip for the wife
August 09, 5:14pm

Re: first trip with the wife
Well, my wife started backpacking with me, so my perspective is a little different than trying to convince her to get into it, but here are some things I can think of that are different for her tha...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » First trip for the wife
August 07, 3:14pm

Re: Paranoia? Good parenting? Hmmm?
Tents are for sleeping. You are being a hover parent. You are with them all day, let them have an hour before bed to be kids without the parents on top of them. It's not like you can't hear...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Paranoia? Good parenting? Hmmm?
August 07, 2:49pm

Re: New Pacific Coast Trail Record
Uh, why? "Girls 2 Boys 0" Because guys are slightly more sane then women? That's like buying a Ferrari and never taking it off of 35mph roads... Doesn't make sense, nor does ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New Pacific Coast Trail Record
August 07, 2:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Larsen

Nick Larsen has posted no reviews.