Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nick Larsen (stingray4540) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale South Bay
About Me Nick Larsen has not added a biography yet.
StateCalifornia
My PDF Gear ListGearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Larsen

Showing 21 - 30 of 375 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...38

Forum » Thread

Re: Get real
"Lets get back to talking about great hiking and lightweight gear ... And I for one will be ignoring this thread, " Oh don't kid yourself. You know it's so much more fun to get...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Outside Mag calls an urban vancouver trail "most dangerous" top 10 hikes in the world
August 17, 8:08am

Re: Never mind
Lol, all that typing on a cell phone, and instead of offering intelligent debate, they pick on one single misspelling/mistype/autocorrect, and question your level of compassion. I guess this is ju...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Outside Mag calls an urban vancouver trail "most dangerous" top 10 hikes in the world
August 17, 12:04am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Dangerous hikes
"I love my neighbor. But I expect my neighbor to live by the same laws I do. When he decides not to do that, he needs to be corrected. It's not dehumanization, it's honor and uprightne...

August 16, 8:43pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Dangerous hikes
"Breaking a law is enough to make you a criminal now?" Lol. Amazing, just amazing... This my friends, is exactly why our country is heading downhill so fast. Here, let me spell it ...

August 16, 5:55pm

Re: Re: Dangerous hikes
"If you feel that way, why did you even bother to call SAR when you could have just left her there and saved a few of YOUR tax dollars. What the he!!, she was just another illegal anyway. &quo...

August 16, 4:20pm

Re: tax man
"Compared to many other current destinations for my tax dollars, helping some who is injured and afraid? I'm good with that." Helping a criminal get out of a situation they put the...

August 16, 10:20am

Re: RE: strap
The strap is just glued to the top, the bottom is completely flat. I don't bring camp shoes myself, I just thought it was funny after all the camp shoe threads I've read. All this time, the...

In GEAR » Lightest camp sandals ever?!
August 16, 5:13am

Lightest camp sandals ever?!
I think I just found the lightest camp sandals ever! Only 13 grams for the pair. .5oz Where can you get these unubtanium magic sandals?! You gotta go get a pedicure... And the pink ones are li...

In GEAR » Lightest camp sandals ever?!
August 15, 9:11pm

Re: Transitioning to "SomewhatLight"; Backpack recommendations for wife and me?
Have you considered an external frame? I know it's not "ultra" light, but at 3 lbs. the jansport scout is pretty comfy. Bonus is you can usually score one on Craigslist for $30. Less...

In GEAR » Transitioning to "SomewhatLight"; Backpack recommendations for wife and me?
August 14, 10:37pm

Re: Mist, fog, dew + down
Thanks guys, that's good to hear. I really didn't want to have to go full synthetic for the one trip out of ten that I end up in the Misty Mountains again.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Heavy mist + down
August 11, 5:46pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Larsen

Nick Larsen has posted no reviews.