Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Stephen Nelson (stephenn6289) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Sunshine State
About Me I am 18 years old an an avid hiker who just recently converted to the ultralight way of thinking. I hate that I live about 8 hours away from my favorite national park-Great Smoky Mountains National park. I love backpacking with my friends and family and am looking forward to what the future may bring.
CityOcala
StateFlorida
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.xanga.com/stephenn6289
My PDF Gear ListAT in June

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stephen Nelson

Showing 21 - 30 of 112 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Forum » Thread

Daniel, did you find the 450 to be big enough?
Daniel, did you find the 450 to be big enough for boil-in-bag meals? I usually use about 400 mL, so it sounds perfect, but in practice I am not sure if it will boil over. any comments from your exp...

In GEAR » Calling all Titanium Esbit Wing Stove users
March 16, 3:09pm

snow peak lid
anybody have any suggestions for how to make a lid for a snow peak 450? I plan on using an aluminum pie pan from publix and creating a pull tab out of aluminum foil tape to start, but I am not sure...

In Make Your Own Gear » snow peak lid
March 15, 9:20am

Calling all Titanium Esbit Wing Stove users
I have a question for you all. What pot have you found to be the best? I really like the snow peak 450, I think it will have just enough volume for my boil-in-bag meals. My question is do wider pot...

In GEAR » Calling all Titanium Esbit Wing Stove users
March 14, 12:19pm

Why Backpacking?
My friends think that I am kinda crazy because I care so much about backpacking. They see it as a torturous practice in which you experience physical exhaustion, uncleanliness, and discomfort. I, h...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why Backpacking?
March 13, 9:22am

pertex quantum
I've enjoyed my pertex quantum bag. It is very soft, has good wicking properties, and is highly breathable. You want to look into one made out of it if you can't find any natural fibers.

In GEAR » the better bag..?
March 07, 7:19pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Bacpacker Magazine award to Big Sky
Scott, well said. I enjoy the photography too, even though I also really like the nick name adpacker. I think many times we all just get tunnel vision and forget other perspectives on things. Just ...

In GEAR » Bacpacker Magazine award to Big Sky
March 05, 10:31pm

Re: montbell superstrech: what temp do I need?
sleeping bag ratings don't really mean a whole lot. If you are going to be bringing sufficient warm clothing and if you sleep warm (need less loft to stay warm), I'd go with the #7. However...

In GEAR » montbell superstrech: what temp do I need?
March 04, 11:02am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Evernew 0.9L Titanium Pot
wow, I feel like an idiot. I was looking at the BPL handless pot b/c I though I would ruin my .9L Evernew if I tried to take the handles off. You guys are a huge help. I just pulled mine off in les...

In GEAR » Evernew 0.9L Titanium Pot
March 03, 9:47pm

Re: Re: Re: Down and Compression
I must say that seems very true. good point

In GEAR » Down and Compression
March 02, 6:21am

Dancing Matt around the world
This is a prety cool video, check it out where is matt?

In Chaff » Dancing Matt around the world
March 01, 11:15am

All Reader Reviews by Stephen Nelson

Showing 1 - 10 of 17 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

Inov8 Flyroc 310
These are designed as trail running shoes, which makes them perfect for lightweight backpacking. They have lots of heel cushion, excellent grip, good fit for me, and are light. Mine are a size 13 and ...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 22, 9:59pm

Jacks R Better Fast and very helpful
I had a lot of questions when ordering from Jacks R Better. They promptly answered 2 emails and I called them. Jack himself answered the phone and descibed everything very clearly. I placed my order a...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 27, 8:32pm

Jacks R Better Stealth
Disclaimer:this is merely first impresions, as I have yet to test this quilt in the field yet. I find the quality of this quilt to be great. It is very well designed. I own the long size and it is ...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
February 27, 8:25pm

Gorillapod SLR
an amazingly useful and sturdy tripod for even heavy SLR cameras. It is light (5.8 oz) and very durable. I love it

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
January 25, 12:20pm

Gossamer Gear Nightlight Torso
If weight comes before longevity, this may be the one for you. It is a good length for me (6 feet) if I place it from my shoulder to my lower back. It durability is definitley limited.

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
January 25, 12:18pm

Photon Freedom Micro (White)
This is the best light I have used. It is small, light (.4 oz), and more useful than a headlamp. Its handly clip attaches to any hat brim or shirt. It also has some amazing microprocessor features whi...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
January 25, 12:14pm

McNett AquaMira Water Treatment
This si the lightest and best water treatment I have used yet. It is easy(no pumping), fast (add it and go, but you still have to wait 30 min. to consume), but a little on the expensive side. Over tim...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
January 25, 12:12pm

MSR Whisperlite regular
My rating is $ sensitive here. It really depends on what you are looking for. What I like best about it is is high fuel efficiency and ability to cook for a large number of people (I have done 4). The...

In Stoves - White Gas
January 25, 12:08pm

North Face Beeline 900
it is one of the lightest full covering mummies available. It is very soft, light, and compressable. I like its weight a lot too, just 20.5 oz for a large size. It is a great sleeping bag.

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
January 25, 12:05pm

Evernew .9 Liter pot
Very good pot, with some minor imperfections. I like that it is light and durable. but the handle insulator tend to burn up if you don't watch them and the lid is rather heavy. other than that it ...

In Cookware - Titanium
January 25, 12:02pm