BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 21 - 30 of 1540 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...154

Forum » Thread

Re: Stairways of San Francisco - 568 Stairways in 4 Days
Amy, Cool adventure and report! You inspired me to try the same trip.

In Post-Trip Reports » Stairways of San Francisco - 568 Stairways in 4 Days
March 21, 9:32am

Re: Aluminized cuben
Colin, The aluminum is on the inside. Regarding adhesives for DIY projects, it is still a Mylar to Mylar bond like conventional Cuben. My GUESS is that the aluminum coating fissure pattern al...

In GEAR » Aluminized Cuben – Third Time is a Charm?
March 20, 12:53pm

Your SL5
Wesley, I will purchase your SL5. Please contact me to arrange a PayPal payment.

In Gear Swap » GoLite Shangri-La 5 + Adrenaline Down Bag + Patagonia Down Jacket & Down Hoody + adidas 3-Layer-GORE-ACTIVE-SHELL Jacket + Exped Bivy-Ponchos, Silva Solar-Charger...NEW STUFF & PRICE DROP
March 19, 12:27am

Re: Re: Re: Aluminized Cuben – Third Time is a Charm?
CT2K.18/KM7 is sold directly by Cubic Tech in 9M lengths or longer. It would be nice if one of the cottage guys started reselling this for the DIY crowd (hint, hint).

March 17, 9:50am

Re: Re: Aluminized Cuben – Third Time is a Charm?
It will provide reduced condensation but, IR cooling below ambient temperature, to a clear night sky, is only one of many causes.

March 16, 8:44pm

Aluminized Cuben – Third Time is a Charm?
We all owe a “thank you” to BPL DIY forum contributor Nathan Myerson. He is working on a project using the latest version of aluminized Cuben. He contacted me to offer a scrap, for “analysis ...

March 14, 10:22pm

Re: Re: A Visual Paradigm for Windshirts - Multiple Axis of Understanding
Brian, Which of your jackets are currently broadly available for new sales and what is the use-profile? Early indications are that coated windshirts increase in air permeability with use.

In GEAR » A Visual Paradigm for Windshirts - Multiple Axis of Understanding.-Rev 0
March 12, 1:42pm

Black Diamond Alpine Start Hoody
This update is a result of ground work done by both Ken Larson and Woubeir (from Europe). Ken provided information regarding his discussions with Schoeller Corporate and Black Diamond Corporate abo...

In GEAR » A Visual Paradigm for Windshirts - Multiple Axis of Understanding.-Rev 0
March 07, 2:08pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: A Visual Paradigm for Windshirts - Multiple Axis of Understanding
William, The answers to all of your above questions is "Yes" up to approximately 400 CFM. Furthermore, the porosity (CFM) and the associated convective permeability are more predictive...

March 01, 7:38pm

Re: Re: A Visual Paradigm for Windshirts - Multiple Axis of Understanding
Bill, Rain-proof shells have a requirement for a minimum hydrostatic head of 1,500 mm H2O; they are not required to move aerobic level moisture levels to the outside. To achieve this, the most c...

March 01, 6:37pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm