BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 21 - 30 of 1560 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...156

Forum » Thread

Re: Availability
Paul, Your point is well taken about the quickly shrinking 2013 Squamish inventory. Some vendors that had them a few days ago, such as Zappos, now don't. I found some additional ones today s...

In GEAR » Arc'teryx Squamish
April 19, 11:04am

Individual buying decsions
Ian, You are welcome. Your positive buying experience reinforces that each individual's decision, regarding what is best for them, is the product of their uniquely ordered objectives and rel...

April 19, 12:01am

How to find a 2013 version Arcteryx Squamish
Paul, Do a Google search using the terms "arcteryx squamish". Next click the Google "Shopping" option. Determine if the Squamish for sale was one of the 2013 color options v...

April 18, 8:23pm

Re: Re: Arc'teryx Squamish
Ian, There will be some people who feel that the characteristics of the 2014 version best satisfies their objectives; some will feel that way about the 2013 version; and some will conclude that ...

April 17, 11:52pm

Re: Re: Re: Arc'teryx Squamish
Jeff, The CFM values came from my lab testing equipment; it is the same equipment that W.L. Gore used for measuring air permeability in their related patent(s). Where did your single digit C...

April 17, 11:45pm

Arc'teryx Squamish
Arc’teryx Squamish Kept Name & Acclaim but Tests Not the Same Like the 2013-2014 Patagonia Houdini, the 2014 Arc’teryx Squamish windshirt kept the same name and its acclaim but, the test...

April 17, 11:05pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: soft shell insulation qualities
Brian, I find it more constructive to just ignore all of the marketing hype's slicing and dicing names. In reality a shell is either a rain-proof type or a non-rain-proof type. In those two ...

In GEAR » Advice for a hardshell for early spring and late fall.
April 16, 9:38pm

Re: Re: Re: Comments on submission results
David, Please note that weave for the "taffeta" version is very different from the "rip stop" version of this fabric. Submission 14 is "taffeta" and both 32 - 33 ar...

In Make Your Own Gear » Protocol B Version 1 Procedure and Test Results
April 16, 9:11pm

Re: Re: Argon silnylon - Detailed Analysis Report
John, This thread shows you my test results for a broad range of shelter fabrics both when new and also aged: Shelter Fabrics Tested

In Make Your Own Gear » Argon silnylon
April 16, 4:36pm

Argon silnylon - Detailed Analysis Report
I was in a hurry the first time I tested Argon silnylon and only tested a single spot one time. Today I took the time to analyze the fabric according to the standard's protocol; I am now less t...

In Make Your Own Gear » Argon silnylon
April 14, 7:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm