BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 21 - 30 of 1568 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...157

Forum » Thread

Re: Another trip across Kodiak Island
Phillip, Thank you for sharing your trip video! It was an awesome trip and very professional video.

In Post-Trip Reports » Hiking across Kodiak Island, Alaska
May 06, 11:52pm

Re: Re: The SOL Escape Bivvy
Brett is a forum member who took the initiative because he believed it would be a topic of broad interest.

In GEAR » The SOL Escape Bivvy
May 06, 10:54pm

Adventure Medical Kits SOL Escape Bivvy
Executive Summary: This bivy's tests matched the lofty claims of the manufacturer. We owe Brett Peugh a “Thank You” for initiating this project and sending a sample to test. Spe...

In GEAR » The SOL Escape Bivvy
May 06, 10:10pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lightweight Affordable Tarps
Justin, My GUESS (I only did one crude aging cycle) is that Tyvek would degrade slower than a decent quality silnylon fabric because their is no coating to exfoliate. When I analyze silnylon fab...

In Gear Deals » Lightweight Affordable Tarps
May 05, 1:59pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lightweight Affordable Tarps
I tested Type 1443A (soft 1.25 oz/yd2) Tyvek on 3/7/11. As far as a shelter material is concerned, aside from tensile strength, it has performance characteristics most similar to an EPIC Alpine pol...

In Gear Deals » Lightweight Affordable Tarps
May 05, 12:50pm

Re: Re: Dirty Devil River, March 2014
Matt, Thank you for the beautiful photos and very well written trip report!

In Post-Trip Reports » Dirty Devil River, March 2014
April 29, 5:10pm

Re: Re: Re: fabricweight ?
Woubeir, Yup, fabric weight is before coating.

In GEAR » Arc'teryx Squamish
April 21, 8:44am

Re: fabricweight ?
Woubeir, I don't know if I correctly understand your question but if so, no. The three years I tested are most differentiated by the CBPU formulations and not the fabric weights. It is not i...

April 20, 6:40pm

Re: Availability
Paul, Your point is well taken about the quickly shrinking 2013 Squamish inventory. Some vendors that had them a few days ago, such as Zappos, now don't. I found some additional ones today s...

April 19, 11:04am

Individual buying decsions
Ian, You are welcome. Your positive buying experience reinforces that each individual's decision, regarding what is best for them, is the product of their uniquely ordered objectives and rel...

April 19, 12:01am

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm