BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 21 - 30 of 1569 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...157

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Adventure Medical Kits SOL Escape Bivvy
Mitchell, Per the last sentence in the original post: I used the EN13537 standard for determining the lower limit (LL) temperature rating of 66.5F for the best case air space scenario.

In GEAR » The SOL Escape Bivvy
May 07, 12:48am

Re: Another trip across Kodiak Island
Phillip, Thank you for sharing your trip video! It was an awesome trip and very professional video.

In Post-Trip Reports » Hiking across Kodiak Island, Alaska
May 06, 11:52pm

Re: Re: The SOL Escape Bivvy
Brett is a forum member who took the initiative because he believed it would be a topic of broad interest.

May 06, 10:54pm

Adventure Medical Kits SOL Escape Bivvy
Executive Summary: This bivy's tests matched the lofty claims of the manufacturer. We owe Brett Peugh a “Thank You” for initiating this project and sending a sample to test. Spe...

May 06, 10:10pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lightweight Affordable Tarps
Justin, My GUESS (I only did one crude aging cycle) is that Tyvek would degrade slower than a decent quality silnylon fabric because their is no coating to exfoliate. When I analyze silnylon fab...

In Gear Deals » Lightweight Affordable Tarps
May 05, 1:59pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lightweight Affordable Tarps
I tested Type 1443A (soft 1.25 oz/yd2) Tyvek on 3/7/11. As far as a shelter material is concerned, aside from tensile strength, it has performance characteristics most similar to an EPIC Alpine pol...

In Gear Deals » Lightweight Affordable Tarps
May 05, 12:50pm

Re: Re: Dirty Devil River, March 2014
Matt, Thank you for the beautiful photos and very well written trip report!

In Post-Trip Reports » Dirty Devil River, March 2014
April 29, 5:10pm

Re: Re: Re: fabricweight ?
Woubeir, Yup, fabric weight is before coating.

In GEAR » Arc'teryx Squamish
April 21, 8:44am

Re: fabricweight ?
Woubeir, I don't know if I correctly understand your question but if so, no. The three years I tested are most differentiated by the CBPU formulations and not the fabric weights. It is not i...

April 20, 6:40pm

Re: Availability
Paul, Your point is well taken about the quickly shrinking 2013 Squamish inventory. Some vendors that had them a few days ago, such as Zappos, now don't. I found some additional ones today s...

April 19, 11:04am

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm