BPL Community Profile

Colin Parkinson (parkinson1157) - BPL Guest

My Locale Ontario Canada
About Me Colin Parkinson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Colin Parkinson

Showing 21 - 30 of 38 | Page: 1 2 3 4

Forum » Thread

Dripping rain
What I do is tie the bug bivy to the hand loop of the trekking pole. Actually I use a Plastic hook thingy (took it off a pair of winter gloves) to clip to the trekking pole hand loop.

In GEAR » Q about bug bivies and dripping rain under tarps
August 27, 3:54pm

Cooking Set up
A alcohol stove YACC A good aluminum duct windscreen and a MSR titanium kettle. All parts fit inside the pot, huge space saver. NO foldable tabs or protective containers needed. All for ...

In GEAR » What's your favorite cooking setup for one?
August 05, 8:33pm

Stealth Camping
Hey Mike I just did the stealth camp thing last night as the Bruce Trail Association only allows you to camp at designated spots that are on average 100k (60 miles)apart. Nice! P.S. I love steal...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Tip of the Week
August 01, 6:44pm

Cloud Packing
I did the cloud packing thingy on my last back packing trip, it worked great knocked at least ten minutes of my morning packing ritual. And best of all no fighting to get the last bit of the sl...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Tip of the Week
June 17, 9:00pm

Re: Re: Best insulation for cozies
I use closed cell foam as it serves two purposes. One CCF is stiff enough to hold the FBC and allow one to eat out of. Two This frees up the pot the hold the delicious hot chocolate.

In Make Your Own Gear » Best insulation for cozies
June 06, 8:30pm

Rock Plates
You could you try pieces of plastic from a gallon milk bottle jug. They are fairly stiff HDPE. Placed under the insoles they may work.

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Rock Plate for trail runners?
May 15, 2:43pm

Gloves
As a Canadian I always have gloves and a toque, because you never know.

In GEAR » What is the lowest expected temp that you would leave gloves at home for?
May 15, 2:40pm

Re: Packs
The G4 momentum did not have a draw string just the horrible roll top. I could have added a draw string, and removed all the velcro if the pack had not worn out during bush whacking. Anyone e...

In GEAR » Pack with draw string closure
December 14, 8:36pm

Pack with draw string closure
Okay I need a new pack. Note: Momentum fabric will not last when bush whacking. Any way, are there any packs with a simple draw string closure? All I found were those horrible scratching, fl...

In GEAR » Pack with draw string closure
December 14, 7:18pm

MYOG Fleece headgear
nice set of instructions for the hat and the balaclava. For the fleece pillow case just stitch a piece of fleece to the inside of your clothes stuff sack, seam seal the seams on the outside. To...

In Editor's Roundtable » MYOG Fleece Headgear
November 13, 7:53pm

All Reader Reviews by Colin Parkinson

Colin Parkinson has posted no reviews.