BPL Community Profile

Michael Duke (mpd1690) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Michael Duke hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Michael Duke has not added a biography yet.
CityKnoxville
StateTN
My Website URLhttp://www.flickr.com/photos/67046387@N04/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Duke

Showing 21 - 30 of 462 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...47

Forum » Thread

Re: Bushbuddy compatible?
Jhaura, those pots look awesome. Monty, I have the same setup as you (titan with bushbuddy) what I do is store the bushbuddy inside the titan then turn the lid upside down. It fits better. If I ...

In Gear Deals » LiteTrail: New Shipment of Titanium Products + 50% Esbit Stoves
April 18, 9:27am

Liner
If it is a liner, I highly doubt that it is silnylon. Usually the liner is a breathable material (i.e. not waterproof). Put your mouth on the fabric and blow. If air moves through it, then it is no...

In Make Your Own Gear » Sweet, all along you were there shelter & i didn't even know it, Mods to Ti Goat tipi liner
March 12, 2:26am

My thoughts
Based on the op's criteria, I would suggest not getting a bivy. If you are getting a trailstar, just get an inner nest. You want: If I wanted to get a bivy for sleeping underneath a tarp...

In GEAR » Most Breathable Bivy?
March 10, 8:25am

Re: bushbuddy
I got my as a gift, so it's hard for me to say if it's a hundred dollars better. They are expensive, but they really are nice. Boils water fast, and I've used it as a solo fire pit befo...

In GEAR » Wood Stove options
February 28, 9:21am

Re: Woodlore stove
The bushbuddy really is awesome. I've had mine for a bit over a year, and it is my favorite piece of gear.

In GEAR » Wood Stove options
February 28, 8:01am

Re: Osprey
My brother and my father used osprey's in the past. I was never a fan of the shoulder straps. They are too narrow for my liking. Do others not have this problem?

In GEAR » Packs @REI recommendations
February 24, 6:09pm

Re: Greens, Orange, Yellow
The light grey (white basically) takes a dye fairly well. I have successfully died tx07 a good amount of times. It has a tendency to pull out the secondary color in the dye, so you have to cancel t...

In Make Your Own Gear » Dyneema X and XPAC color availability?
February 20, 4:52pm

color
Any color in particular that you are interested in?

In Make Your Own Gear » Dyneema X and XPAC color availability?
February 20, 2:04pm

Re: 500d vs 1.9oz newbie question
The green is a 210 denier nylon like cordial with a dyneema ripstop. The cordura is a much thicker material. There is probably a few ounce weight difference.

In GEAR » 500d vs 1.9oz newbie question
February 07, 8:10pm

Re: xpac questions
I have used WX40 as well. It is a little lighter than VX42, as it doesn't have the inner taffeta. I always have my clothes at the bottom, so I don't have to worry about abrasion on the insi...

In Make Your Own Gear » X-Pac Questions....
February 07, 9:51am

All Reader Reviews by Michael Duke

Michael Duke has posted no reviews.