BPL Community Profile

Elena Lee (lenchik101) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest (USA)
About Me Elena Lee has not added a biography yet.
CityBellevue
StateWashington
My PDF Gear ListN Cascades

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Elena Lee

Showing 21 - 30 of 163 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Forum » Thread

laminating??
Mat i've done search and rescue training during winter in the pacific northwest... guess how much it rained - always and non-stop. and we had to navigate the course so the maps were out , all t...

In GEAR » Map printing question
July 26, 5:58pm

additional gear
it depends where and when you are going. i went to the top of Adams wearing my yaktracks but definitely needed my Stubai Ultralight crampons for Mt. Rainier. I wouldn't take my tarp to camp on ...

In Gear Lists » adding gear for mountaineering?
July 26, 5:46pm

zip locks
just print in on paper and put in the large zip lock bag

In GEAR » Map printing question
July 26, 4:32pm

not getting such creases
There is not such a crease that i get with mine that looks like yours. there could be a crease when pitched in the uneven terrain, but not a consistant shape. Try setting up on perfectly flat groun...

In GEAR » double rainbow (2010) pitching help
July 12, 11:42am

great
Thanks Rakesh i will check these out. Btw, are you a pro photographer? would be nice to bounce off some ideas on scenic photo opportunities around in the state. Do you have a gallery?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 4th July 3-day: Where to go in WA?
July 02, 1:39pm

4th July 3-day: Where to go in WA?
I'm looking for your suggestions. Where do you think we should go for a 4th of July weekend? I'm thinking 3-day under 30 miles considering we'll have to drive there and back. I'm lo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 4th July 3-day: Where to go in WA?
July 01, 7:28pm

Northern Lites
if you want the lightest snowshoes there are - choose Northern lites. I have a pair, my friend has one, we've been snowshoeing and climbing in those. they also get better flotation then Denali-...

In GEAR » Snowshoe recommendations
June 10, 3:00pm

Re: Double Rainbow Questions
Hi, we have a DR and very happy with it. to your questions: -you won't touch the walls but you will touch the mesh. -the vestibule zipper - probably, but the zippers are tiny and they d...

In GEAR » Double Rainbow Questions
June 10, 2:52pm

Ingraham Glacier Route
"Many people climb Mt. Rainier every year without incident, and the route taken by the parties hit by this slide is attempted annually by about five percent of all climbers." i'm n...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Am I ready for Rainier?
June 08, 1:21pm

Re: Backpacking life after children
"But, being a good parent also means living your life so your kids see you happy and engaged in the world, doing the things you like to do." I completely agree with you. I just read th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking life after children
June 07, 4:39pm

All Reader Reviews by Elena Lee

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

evernew ultralight 1.3l ti pot
I've had mine since 2002 and still going. I have one with titanium coating, and use it as a share pot with hiking partner. The quality of this pot is impeccable. Its insulated handles are grea...

In Cookware - Titanium
January 29, 12:34pm

Icebreaker Tech T Lite Superfine 140
Awesome shirt as evidenced by some night forest creatures who ate it. Now my shirt comes with cool hole design all over it that some people think came "as is" from the manufacturer... so...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
January 29, 12:23pm

Golite Pinnacle Pack
I have a women's version size small. I'm not sure if there is any difference between men's and women's besides the size. I also have an Osprey Talon 33 pack. What i use it for: I...

In Backpacks - Frameless
January 29, 12:07pm

Western Mountaineering Ultralight Super
Important! this bag could be too narrow who is larger torso/wider shoulder. bought it for my man but it didn't work for him - he liked megalite. otherwise a great bag for those who sleep on a c...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 01, 11:46pm

TarpTent Double Rainbow
Just to add some to the above reviews: Wind: Hadn't had a chance to use in the extreme wind but contemplating taking this tent on a winter trip. The new version has standard tieouts on the side...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
December 01, 11:00pm

Montbell UL Down Inner Parka
Ok, everyone has beef with the hood. I couldn't have honestly thought of one fault with the Montbell UL Parka before reading this thread. Lightweight, warm, wind and water resistant- a perfect...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 01, 10:43pm