BPL Community Profile

John Brown (johnbrown2005) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Portland, OR
About Me John Brown has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Brown

Showing 21 - 30 of 329 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...33

Forum » Thread

Gear
Emailing you about Serenity shelter.

In Gear Swap » FS: MLD, ULA, BD, MB, BPL, Ursack, Nunatak
August 05, 2:57pm

Which GPS
Hopefull not a hijack, but will shed more light on OP's choices. Have also been looking for a GPS. In my case to use as a back up to my map and compass when travelling off trail and unsure of...

In GEAR » Which GPS?
August 02, 2:54pm

Oxo Kitchen scale
Has a little pullout display in case the thing you're weighing is bulky. 5 lb max though, kinda wish I had seen the eatsmart.

In GEAR » Recommend a Good Scale
July 25, 11:57am

Real experience w/ Patagonia Sun Hoody - Heat, chafing?
In my quest for a great sun shirt, I'm eyeing the Patagonia Lightweight Sun Hoody. Three questions for folks who have used one: a) do the seams along the sides of the body chafe under a hip...

In GEAR » Real experience w/ Patagonia Sun Hoody - Heat, chafing?
July 24, 11:28pm

Sierra's
Sierra's of course. Roughly this route: http://beta.hillmap-hdr.appspot.com/m/ag1zfmhpbGxtYXAtaGRychALEghTYXZlZE1hcBig-VIM

In Pre-Trip Planning » Barrett Lakes via Bishop Pass to Thunderbolt Pass
July 05, 10:37pm

Barrett Lakes via Bishop Pass to Thunderbolt Pass
Headed up that way shortly. Anyone have recent conditions reports for the stretch between Bishop Pass and Barrett Lakes? Also, any routefinding tips for getting over to, and then down Thunderbolt...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Barrett Lakes via Bishop Pass to Thunderbolt Pass
July 05, 8:39pm

Asolo lightweight boots
I recently bought a pair of Piumas which is roughly the same boot, without the waterproofing. I liked the light weight, and seemed good quality, but felt like a) there was little rock protection u...

In GEAR » Asolo Reston WP
July 02, 5:32pm

DWR
So, Eric, you don't worry about having DWR on the inside of a garment?

In GEAR » When/why would I use wash-in DWR as opposed to spray-on?
June 27, 10:46am

DWR
Note to self: use Google to search site, you may have posted on this before! Oops. http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=28952 Gu...

June 25, 4:32pm

When/why would I use wash-in DWR as opposed to spray-on?
I'm getting ready to redo the DWR on a bunch of my gear. Wash-in obviously seems more even, permeating. But as I think about it, I can't think of a single piece of gear where I want DWR o...

June 25, 3:15pm

All Reader Reviews by John Brown

John Brown has posted no reviews.