Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Graeme Finley (gfinley001) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SF Bay Area
About Me Graeme Finley has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Graeme Finley

Showing 21 - 30 of 90 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Forum » Thread

Re: Last Minute PCT Gear List
Couple of comments: Echo the earlier concern about the 3.4L water capacity. This year is an abnormally wet year, so you might be OK for the first couple of weeks, but you'll likely need to ...

In Gear Lists » Last Minute PCT Gear List
April 26, 11:51am

MLD packing?
I have an old style Prophet and I usually use a GG torso pad folded into thirds as a pack panel, then just pack everything in very tightly. I use a BMW torsolite as a sleeping pad, so with that an...

In GEAR » MLD packing?
April 21, 1:18pm

Re: Massanutten Trail
I did the loop in November 2006. It was the first time I ever did a 20 mile day or hiked in trail runners vs boots (I was just making the transition to UL). I did the trail clockwise from the par...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Massanutten Trail Circuit
April 15, 4:23pm

Aqua Mira on the PCT
"As far as Aqua Mira (liquid) goes, I'd love to see the stats on how many PCT, AT, and CT thru-hikers used it in the last 5-7 years. I'm sure it's in the thousands. I wonder if the...

In GEAR » Aquamira Amount on PCT
March 05, 12:39pm

Decisions
Brandon, As a Class of '07 PCTer I definitely endorse your decision. Feel free to PM me if there are any questions you have on gear, resupply etc. Saltlick PCT 07

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Should I walk the PCT this year?
February 16, 1:24pm

1/4" Thinlight results
My wife and I slept on snow a couple of weeks ago on Mt Shasta using the 1/4" version plus a 3/4 Prolite (me) and a BMW Torsolight (her). Both were combinations were just comfortable enough t...

In GEAR » GG 3/8" thinlight on snow
June 14, 9:33pm

Easy access to snowline in Sierra?
Does anybody have suggestions on ways to get to the snowline in the Sierra around the end of May that won't require 4WD or too many miles of hiking in from a trailhead? I'm looking to test ...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Easy access to snowline in Sierra?
May 11, 12:46pm

Boots for Shasta
I'm considering climbing Shasta this year. I haven't owned a pair of boots for years, since I do all my backpacking in trailrunners, even in winter, and am trying to decide how much of a m...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Boots for Shasta
April 12, 12:54pm

Advice on Backcountry skiing gear
I just relocated from the east coast to the SF Bay area, and am looking to learn backcountry skiing now that I have easy access to the Sierras. My interest is less in skiing per se, but rather bei...

In GEAR » Advice on Backcountry skiing gear
November 28, 7:17pm

general gear list for section of pct
Depending on how heavy the snow is this year you should also consider an ice axe. June 15th is pretty early to be hiking in the Sierras - most thruhikers won't be leaving Kennedy Meadows until...

In Gear Lists » general gear list for section of pct
October 20, 12:17pm

All Reader Reviews by Graeme Finley

Graeme Finley has posted no reviews.