BPL Community Profile

Ben Pearre (fugue137) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Ben Pearre hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Ben Pearre has not added a biography yet.
CityBoulder
StateCO
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben Pearre

Showing 21 - 30 of 38 | Page: 1 2 3 4

Forum » Thread

My head is spinning...
"saves you US$30, and its only 2 ounces heavier" What did you do to the real BPL??? ;)

In Editor's Roundtable » Jetboil Sol Advanced Cooking System Review
November 10, 11:04am

"Cold"?
Where can I go backpacking and see the night-time low of -15C warm to 10C by breakfast? Isn't any discussion of melting snow rather speculative when the canister is used in such a warm environ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Integrated Canister Fuel Cooking Systems State of the Market Report 2011: Part 1 – Overview and Performance Evaluation
October 10, 4:27pm

Snow Peak
Their customer service was good enough to inform me that the gold canisters are 85% isobutane, 15% propane. Avoid their silver canisters.

In GEAR » Canister Fuel Ratios
February 24, 10:47pm

Preheating at the hose
Niiiiice! I've been using a WindPro for a while and it's been working pretty well, except that the hose doesn't swivel: I like starting it in gas-feed mode and preheating the preheat...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG - A Winter Canister Stove using your Summer Upright Stove and the Brunton Stove Stand
February 24, 12:40pm

Swivel?
As long as the stove will work even for a moment (ie. above -20C with a propane mix) it can be lit with the canister in gas-feed mode, and therefore it will not fireball (unless you open it up insi...

In Editor's Roundtable » Coleman Fyrestorm Ti Stove REVIEW
February 22, 2:08pm

Sooooo...
If BPL still believes that eVent is still the ultimate material for tents, then the Polaris is a top contender for the title of ultimate single-wall tent, right? Or do the new fabrics (OSMO perhap...

In Editor's Roundtable » 2007 Rab Summit Extreme Tent REVIEW
February 22, 1:40pm

Exercise doesn't help?
Wow, Lynn, thanks for the research! That is a huge surprise to me, and goes against my experience. But who am I to put personal anecdote against actual studies? I suspect that there's some...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lighten Your Heaviest Gear: You!
January 24, 8:37pm

What really makes you fat?
I'd have to go with gasoline. Seriously. Look at how many calories that stuff contains. Almost 1100 per 100g. Cut that out of your diet and you're set. Seriously mk II: This a...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lighten Your Heaviest Gear: You!
January 22, 6:10pm

A new review that may help...
Thom Hogan just reviewed the LX3, Canon G10, and Nikon P6000 here: http://bythom.com/compactchallenge.htm The summary: the LX3 was pretty good in raw but had by far the worst internal raw->jp...

In Photography » My first camera?
January 06, 7:36pm

So how does it taste?
There are lots of ways to make coffee. The question, it would seem to me, is less "how to steep coffee grounds in water?" and more "find a few optima on the coffee-taste vs. equipme...

In Editor's Roundtable » Staff Videocast: Cowboy Coffee
January 14, 10:38am

All Reader Reviews by Ben Pearre

Ben Pearre has posted no reviews.