Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Erik G (fox212) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale THE Bay Area :)
About Me I've been backpacking a long time, and started trying to go ultralight over the past year or so. I'm always trying to refine my gear list to improve comfort and enjoyment while also reducing weight, volume, and number of items carried. I love the simplicity of a minimal kit. I also enjoy making and modifying my own gear.
CityDanville
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear List3-Season Gear list as of 09-2013

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Erik G

Showing 21 - 30 of 76 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Forum » Thread

Handheld weather meters - which one?
I'm in the market for a handheld weather meter. I've been looking at Kestrel units, particularly models 2500 and 3500. The difference between the two is that the 3500 can measure wet-bulb t...

In GEAR » Handheld weather meters - which one?
January 07, 12:13pm

Re: whatcha bringing
Can't wait for the GGG! Really excited to meet everyone and check out all the gear :) Things I'll be bringing that may be of interest: -HMG Echo 2 tarp and beak -YMG bug shelter 1.25...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » GGG Whatcha Bringing?
January 07, 11:53am

re: suggestions and comments
Thank you for all the thoughtful responses so far! I really appreciate it. Re tying too tight: I tie my shoes pretty loose, so I don't think that is the problem. Also the wildcats are a half...

In GEAR » Questions about heel-to-toe drop in footwear
January 06, 8:52pm

GGG for sale
Pete, search this site for "GGG." It's the Gathering of Gear Geeks. :) What I'll have for sale (will update this post with additions): Brooks Cascadia 8 trail runners, size ...

In Gear Swap » GGG Parking Lot Sale
January 06, 11:42am

Questions about heel-to-toe drop in footwear
I'm in the market for some new kicks, and frankly it's not going so well... I am wondering, what are the potential effects of wearing a shoe with too much heel-to-toe drop? I just pic...

In GEAR » Questions about heel-to-toe drop in footwear
January 06, 8:58am

Gravity filtration
I use a platy big zip for my dirty water bag and remove the drinking tube and the blue plastic clamp thingy. A lot of the weight of the big zip is in those parts (will weigh soon). I can use it as ...

In GEAR » New Sawyer mini: Gravity filtration vs. squeeze concept
January 03, 2:49pm

GorillaPod Micro 250
This is what I use for my point and shoot camera (Canon Powershot S110). Weight is 0.6oz, and it folds up and fits in the camera case while still attached to the camera. Works pretty well for selfi...

In GEAR » light weight mini camera tripod ?
December 10, 5:56pm

Re: canisters
Honestly this is a good question, and +1 the only stupid question is the one unasked. :) WRT recycling, sometimes just puncturing the canister isn't enough, since it still looks like a press...

In GEAR » Two years, and I still have stupid questions.
November 27, 11:26am

Re: Death Valley Backpacking
Not sure about the distance questions you asked, but I'd say late fall/early winter or late winter/early spring will be your best bet in terms of temperatures. It will get *cold* there at night...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Help planning Death Valley backpacking?
November 21, 5:24pm

Very Cool
Kat, that's awesome that you got some pics of the beast!!! Mountain Lions are truly impressive creatures. I wonder if they like catnip the same way their little domestic cousins do... I'...

In Photography » Got my mountain lion pictures!!! I did it!!
November 13, 4:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Erik G

Erik G has posted no reviews.