Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

mark henley (flash582) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale mark henley hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me mark henley has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListMarks 3 lb list - Good down to 40 degrees

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by mark henley

Showing 21 - 30 of 461 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...47

Forum » Thread

Awesome
Thanks!

In Make Your Own Gear » Henley pack
July 04, 7:11pm

Gear lists
I would love to see a thread with everyone's gear lists! Question: does your toothbrush count as one item? Just in case we would like to duplicate the challenge in other parts of the country...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Emigrant Wilderness SUL Trip - July 13-14
June 21, 9:22am

Weight vs. time
So, the question really becomes how much water do you need to have on hand when you reach the next water source. With a filter or UV device, the answer is zero. With chemicals you need to have a s...

In GEAR » Gravity filter vs. Aqua Mira: The age-old question
June 20, 2:40pm

Oh no you don't!
Don't misguide this lady into thinking there is no backpacking in Texas! 20 miles north of Austin is the good water trail, a 26 mile loop around Lake Georgetown, one of my favorite venues. Back...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Austin TX and environs...
June 18, 9:02am

Oops
Missed the stealth up weight ... It's 5.125 lbs ...... Darn!

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL with a hammock gear list
June 14, 9:04pm

Esbit and steel
A few drops of alcohol gel helps that spark catch on the esbit. Once I had to resort to a bit of hydropel on a cotton ball to get it going with my steel.

June 14, 8:49pm

Hammock SUL
Minimum temps of 45 degrees here in Texas .... Chaffing is hydropel with some cotton balls Wearing bug away shirt and zip offs, compression shorts, lightweight cap, smart wool socks, Nike tra...

June 14, 8:41pm

SUL with a hammock gear list
Thoughts? 10.5 Modified ION 1.5 Pack frame, sit pad, foot pad 13.8 JRB Stealth 10 IX underquilt 0.9 Dp bug net 0.1 Foil for esbit for fire backup 11.5 DIY 10 x 4.5 ft 1.6 oz hammock & ...

June 14, 7:25pm

More details please!
What type of foods would you prefer? What % protine/carbs/fats? How about tuna and Salmon? How many hot meals per day, do you prefer vegtitarian/vegan/meat based protine? A simple resupply co...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Resupply food - from supermarkets, a redcoat needs help...
June 08, 9:16pm

Safety vs fires
"But where I disagree is that sound scientific research is just a byproduct of "our culture" and can be safely ignored. Do you feel the same way about "our culture's" v...

In Editor's Roundtable » The SUL Wanderer (Video Series) - Episode 2: Food & Water
June 07, 4:48pm

All Reader Reviews by mark henley

Showing 1 - 9 of 9 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Snow Peak 600
This cup is big enough to cook in for a solo person, a huge cup of java, or it's great for just boiling water. I use a piece of simple foil for a lid and it works amazingly well on a Snowpeak Giga...

In Cookware - Titanium
February 22, 8:34am

Thru-hiker Liberty Ridge Shell
I have made a few sewing projects, several quilts, and about a zillion stuff sacks, but this was the first time I attempted a piece of clothing. The pattern that AYCE provides is very well thought ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
February 22, 8:29am

White Box Alcohol Stove
This little stove ROCKS! I'm in agreement that it needs a primer pan, but other than that, I actually melted my windscreen when it got too close to the cup. It's like firing up a blowto...

In Stoves - Alcohol
February 22, 8:23am

Muscle Milk Cookies and Cream
For years I've heard hikers talk about carrying a protein suplement along on trips to ensure that they don't sacrifice muscle while hiking. Most people who have ever tried a protein powdere...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
February 21, 2:51pm

Pacific Outdoor Products Insul Mat Max-Thermo
15 ounces of pure, 2.5 inch thick, heavenly sleeping bliss. I have a Max Compact, several thermarests, a Full length Max thermo, and several types of closed cell pads in my gear closet. This is withou...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
February 21, 2:41pm

Gregory G pack
I bought two of these packs, one for myself and one for my wife. After two years of use the packs have held up well, but we have both found that the load rating is VERY optimistic ... The pack beco...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
January 03, 2:27pm

Montbell Super Stretch Down Hugger #3
I've been backpacking seriously for about 4 years now, not including my Scouting days of yesteryear. This is my first Down bag as I've always used synthetics in the past. I've used the bag...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
January 03, 2:21pm

Sawyer In-Line Filter
This Filter weighs in at 2 oz and once installed it has a very small impact on flow rate from the hydration tube/bite valve. I'm using it in conjunction with a Platypus hydration setup and you get...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
January 03, 2:12pm

Ray Way quilt one person - standard
Fantastic instructions ... I had never used a sewing machine before. I ordered the Ray Way stow bag kit and made it as my first project. The Quilt was a great second project. The instructions were ...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
January 04, 3:09pm